Author Topic: School Rumble is licensed  (Read 14461 times)

Offline Hostile

• Clean
School Rumble is licensed
« on: July 17, 2005, 08:18:16 PM »

Offline eelozano

• Clean
Re: School Rumble is licensed
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 04:56:10 AM »
It is pretty official.

Offline songfang

• Clean
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 05:53:45 AM »
This is bad for me.
I'm in thailand and their translating for School Rumble here is pretty suck.I always download from yanime because it is more hilarious.
So,I have a question and a favor here.Will Yanime immediatly drop the project? If you do it will be real sad for me. And a favor,would you please at least release volume six? I heard you guys have already begun translating it and I really hope you will finish it.
Sorry if I asked for something impossible but I will be really looking forward for the release.
Finally,I will take this opportunity to show gratitude to all staffs for bringing me the best quality as manga could be. Thank you
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 06:05:27 AM by songfang »

Offline thepillowsboy

• Clean
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 07:31:54 AM »
NOOOOOOOOOOO plz don't drop school rumble it's my life lol i'm going to die if it gets droped plz!!! lol :'(

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005, 07:40:59 AM »
well seeing as how two of our series has been licensed, it looks like we'll be having some editors free.  So looks like we need some new titles.  And while I'm not the official word on this, hell I'm barely an editor anymore right now, but SR and DGM will probably be dropped.  We might release what we have done, but that should be it.  Sorry folks, them the rules.

Offline azh

• Staff 'Sketchy' Editor
  • Clean
  • Sketchy sketchy~
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 09:22:17 AM »
A pity. But heck! Now I am free, ccc wanted me to edit Ichigo, maybe he'll now say "hey, bastard, now you don't have any excuses!" :P
The Lord of The Yen
[/size]

Offline Roots

• Clean
  • Searching for wings...
    • My personal homepage
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 10:11:30 AM »
We will make our official statement on SR (and DGM) by the end of the week. So stay tuned.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Hero of Allacrost - http://www.allacrost.org
  A free SNES-era RPG in development

Offline Undark

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Shakugan No Shana ^^
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2005, 01:10:55 PM »
Oh shyt ><

That sux... I hope whoever licensed it won't make a crappy translation.

Offline Roots

• Clean
  • Searching for wings...
    • My personal homepage
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2005, 02:23:27 PM »
It's DelRay who licensed it and from what I've heard about them, they are horrible with their translations. In an evil way, I'm actually looking forward to seeing the first volume on the shelves at the bookstore so I can browse through it and see how much different the "professionals" are from my traslations.  :-X

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2005, 04:38:43 PM »
I keep hearing that DelRey is horrible, but I read their Negima and it seemed alright.  Then again I don't know the original.  So someone needs to fill me in on the "evilness" of DelRey.

Offline Undark

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Shakugan No Shana ^^
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2005, 07:26:32 PM »
Del Rey... didn't they do tsubasa chronicles and xxxholic???

I am not sure how good they are since I didn't bother comparing the scanlated version. Although I don't think the main scanlating group for tsubasa is that good either...

edit:
I keep hearing that DelRey is horrible, but I read their Negima and it seemed alright. Then again I don't know the original. So someone needs to fill me in on the "evilness" of DelRey.

Interesting... from what I picked up from that gamefaqs forum post, Negima was probably their worst translation...

It's DelRay who licensed it and from what I've heard about them, they are horrible with their translations. In an evil way, I'm actually looking forward to seeing the first volume on the shelves at the bookstore so I can browse through it and see how much different the "professionals" are from my traslations. :-X

LoL... that would be interesting indeed. From what I remember from reading tsubasa chronicle, they do in fact try to explain japanese puns. Although they did made up some stupid tougue-twister to replace the pun -.-"
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 07:31:06 PM by Undark »

Offline da MiGHTy pLUm!

• Slightly Buzzed
  • I like t'ings...
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2005, 08:51:31 PM »
Localisation is to be expected in a licensed release, as sometimes japanese jokes don't always translate well, or just aren't funny any more in their translated form, so usually something similar, though more in tune with the western audience will be used.  It's not necessarily a bad thing, but the hardcore otaku and "purists" will be sure to bitch about it.

Let's hope they don't have crappy page long translator essays... or as roots calls them... "notes"... :P
Have Fun Doing What You're Doing.

Offline Roots

• Clean
  • Searching for wings...
    • My personal homepage
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2005, 05:10:17 AM »
Let's hope they don't have crappy page long translator essays... or as roots calls them... "notes"... :P

>:( Everyone likes my notes but you editors because you have to do a little more work to accomidate them. My kappa note will go down in the legends of manga scanslation damnit!!!

Offline azh

• Staff 'Sketchy' Editor
  • Clean
  • Sketchy sketchy~
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2005, 10:45:43 AM »
>:( Everyone likes my notes
Everyone?!?!?!?!? o.O!!!!
The Lord of The Yen
[/size]

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2005, 04:56:21 PM »
you wanna know the real reason we editors don't like your "notes"...it's cuz I can't fit a page long note about the ocean tide in a 2 inch margin!!!!  And your kappa note might be good, but I was the only person who got the Godfinger reference!  So there! :P