Author Topic: Mahou Sensei Negima  (Read 5024 times)

Offline flamebreaker

• Clean
  • O-(><)-O
Mahou Sensei Negima
« on: June 27, 2005, 09:03:23 PM »
Has anyone read this manga? its absolutely FANTASTIC!!

but i was just wondering, because i think all the scanlation groups who did this manga stopped on chapter 87, then suddenly started translating chapter 92...hmmmm why is this?
The purpose of war is not to die for your country, but to make some other bastard die for his

Offline sLaVeGiRl911

• The aBoLiTiOnIsT
  • Addict
  • Dokomade mo dakishimete hoshii-Fujimoto Miki
    • xanga- sLaVeGiRl01
Re: Mahou Sensei Negima
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 09:22:05 PM »
ugh! wish I was able to collect it before I got 'cut off'.
The anime is great so far (episode 7 righ tnow) BUT I REALLY WANT THE MANGA!
Anyone know a good place?
-sLaVeGiRl911
Running out of anime siggies.....

WE FOOKING SUPPORT YOU Ai-BON!!!!We support you. dont give up... but give up smoking ^_- Gambate!
Tsuji... you better help to =_=
http://www.xanga.com/sLaVeGiRl01

Waya475

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 09:36:06 PM »
Borders, or perhaps Barnes and Noble!

Offline sLaVeGiRl911

• The aBoLiTiOnIsT
  • Addict
  • Dokomade mo dakishimete hoshii-Fujimoto Miki
    • xanga- sLaVeGiRl01
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 10:09:38 PM »
I'm sorry. Its just that im in a situation righ tnow where im not aloud to be in arms length of a manga...
-sLaVeGiRl911
Running out of anime siggies.....

WE FOOKING SUPPORT YOU Ai-BON!!!!We support you. dont give up... but give up smoking ^_- Gambate!
Tsuji... you better help to =_=
http://www.xanga.com/sLaVeGiRl01

Offline kryu

• Clean
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 11:50:25 PM »
ugh! wish I was able to collect it before I got 'cut off'.
The anime is great so far (episode 7 righ tnow) BUT I REALLY WANT THE MANGA!
Anyone know a good place?
-sLaVeGiRl911

Don't even try.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 05:53:45 PM by Waya475 »

Offline Aoi_Sekai

• Clean
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2005, 02:13:46 AM »
Negima is brilliant ^_^

The anime has a different storyline though, kinda like a Love Hina thing, it still sticks with wat the original story goes and still is worth watching. On ep 20 at the mo, and does the story really pick up speed with the manga.

The manga rocks, im on ch 100 now, and hell!, does it get good ^_^ I've got Vol.  1-5 of Negima and the release of Manga is up to Vol. 10 currently in Japan.

This is wat's bringin in a ring about with most ppl,'Is Negima better than Love Hina?' Well to me it's better than Love Hina in retrospect, but Love Hina has it's originality. So it's kinda like, if u like Love Hina and A.I Love You, u'll love Negima type of thing.

When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2005, 07:45:00 AM »
I love this manga also. Its not as good as Love Hina but it does beat AI Love You. Ken Akamatsu did a very good job with this. Even though there are elements from Love Hina in it, I normally don't notice them when reading this series cause its masked by other elements. I am caught up in the American releases of this series. The next volume doesn't come out til sometime in July. I can't wait.  8)

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Kaze101

• Slightly Buzzed
  • ~(^.^~)(~^.^)~ Dance Dance!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2005, 08:59:21 AM »
i got all 5 volumes... and the manga is great. The anime is shyte tho, its nothing compared to the manga. Manga rox!!! :P

Offline Aoi_Sekai

• Clean
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005, 04:09:16 PM »
Mi usual motto,'the anime is usually not...' forget it u all know wat'll b anyway lol.

This is just like Love Hina, all the the main plot/storyline is there, the progression of the anime has not been following the manga as usual...

But hey...the DVD is suppose to cover most of the stuff anyway(I hope). The DVD is suppose to follow the manga more and will have better drawing and a new op and end. If sme of u has seen the promo's u c that the scenes r exactly off the manga's. Guess Ken is gonna shove that on the DVD. No point in advertisin it with those scenes then not puttin it in the TV series then scrapin it. Time will tell... Unless u guys have more info ^_^ Guess even in Japan they still have limits on wat they show, even if it is aired at 1:30 am. Well, they r all pretty much around the age of 16 under the characters.

I wonder when wil Kotarou make an appearance in the anime, he's is one of my favs. in Negima now. Well in the cool perspective anyway. Takamichi is too much like Seta, but amped up  with magic, although he does seem more calmer and cooler than Seta.

When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before

Offline Stylez025

• Slightly Buzzed
  • I have never failed to satisfy!!
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2005, 05:02:12 PM »
I luv this manga. I have only just started this but its just as good as Love Hina so far. I had a hard time finding it because the name is slightly different here in US

Offline flamebreaker

• Clean
  • O-(><)-O
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2005, 01:32:15 AM »
the biggest difference i think between this manga and love hina is that ken Akamatsu made alot more characters (30+ i think) while love hina only had around 7 main characters, which makes this manga more sophisticated
The purpose of war is not to die for your country, but to make some other bastard die for his

Offline Stylez025

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2005, 09:53:41 PM »
the biggest difference i think between this manga and love hina is that ken Akamatsu made alot more characters (30+ i think) while love hina only had around 7 main characters, which makes this manga more sophisticated

Ya and just exploiting one character he can make a full volume like he did with the vampire.

I hope he makes this longer than Love Hina because its good and i hate when great mangas end. Sometimes its hard to find another great manga to read and really get into

Offline Erushima

• Clean
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2005, 02:33:23 AM »
I have volumes 1 - 9 of negima but I don't have any episodes because my computer is really slow. Anyway there is another Thread that is about negima.

This is another copy of the thread but it's ok for me but i don't know about the administrator.

Offline Stylez025

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2005, 12:21:43 PM »
I have only been fortunate enough to read 6 volumes so far. I read Negima as each volume gets released to my local Barnes & Noble.

I haven't seen the anime yet but i plan on doing so
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 12:22:35 PM by Stylez025 »

Offline Erushima

• Clean
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2005, 12:35:09 AM »
I translate Negima in a group so I have read about vol 10. it's about the Mahora school Festival! Negi's really doing good in his martial arts!