Author Topic: Korean comedy  (Read 1797 times)

Offline eminent

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Sexy Commando
    • ozbb
Korean comedy
« on: June 27, 2005, 04:08:51 PM »
So, after watching Dr Bong and Attack the Gas Station! for about the eighth time each, I'm in the mood for some Korean comedy.

Unfortunately, my mother won't tell me any good ones and the IMDb is being a shit about searching :P

So, like, got recommendations? I don't really care about who's in it, but I prefer dark comedies (like AtGS!) and I rather like Oh-seong Yu (who happens to be in both Dr Bong and AtGS!).
Forget drugs and alcohol... I am now very, very mellow.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
Re: Korean comedy
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 03:51:49 PM »
While I like Oh-seong Yu as well, I don't think I have seen him in another comedy besides ATGS... but while they are not comedies, make sure you see Champion and Chingoo (Friend). Both are fantastic.

Now, I'm trying to remember some of the Korean comedies I have seen (knowing you posted this a while back), but most are not as dark as ATGS... for instance Kick the Moon and Jail Breakers were both pretty damn good and are made by the same guy who did ATGS, so you might like them.

Also, I really enjoyed Hi Dharma and I've heard Hi Dharma II is pretty good as well. Sex is Zero is key.... I laughed pretty hard with that one. I've heard My Boss My Hero is pretty good, although I have yet to see it... of course there is always My Wife is a Gangster and My Wife is a Gangster II... I thought the Foul King was pretty funny. Save the Green Planet is also pretty damn good. :)

I personally thought Steal it if You Can was amusing, but I think if you watched it at the wrong time, you might just be disappointed, as the plot is super thin. Still enjoyable in my opinion, though.

Ok, well that's all I can think of, hope you can find something...

Offline eminent

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Sexy Commando
    • ozbb
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 04:58:00 PM »
Meh, I didn't really dig Sex is Zero. I'll check out the other ones you mentioned as well as Barking Dogs Never Bite.

And yep, I've seen Champion and Chingoo. Great stuff.
Forget drugs and alcohol... I am now very, very mellow.

Offline Graavee

• Clean
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 10:13:00 AM »
Attack of the Gas Station was hilarious.  You should watch My Wife is a Gangster 1 and 2.

Offline Jewelz

• Clean
  • fumu fumu!
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 06:38:28 PM »
I didn't like Chingoo :\

But as korean comedy~ the game shows are the best. Especially X-MAN!!! haha, it's hilarious, it's a game show with a bunch of korean celebs.

"He was Cool" and "My tutor friend" are really good comedy movies too =)

Mmm...Naruto..