Author Topic: Initial D the movie (live action)  (Read 2889 times)

Offline Iamhot

• Slightly Buzzed
Initial D the movie (live action)
« on: June 23, 2005, 12:17:22 PM »
i just saw it in  channel v' s movie review that there will be live action movie of it ( well just the poster) . can anyone verify it

i'm not a fan but this will be interesting to see

Offline Aoi_Sekai

• Clean
Re: Initial D the movie (live action)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 03:57:06 PM »
yes there is a live action movie comin out for Initial D, it is gonna b in Chinese though. Thnk god im Chinese, can't read but can speak and listen ^_^

The creator of Initial D saw the movie in it's creation stage and said 'that is was the perfect replication' By that he meant that it captured all the aspects of the characters in the anime and manga.

Can't wait to c it. The anime was good and the manga. This is gonna b interesting aswell seeing the drifts performed. I have seen the trailers for it and man does it look good. Search for it if u want more info, i think the site can b in English, Chinese and Japanese.

When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before

Offline eminent

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Sexy Commando
    • ozbb
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 04:14:12 PM »
(live action)
I stopped reading there.
Forget drugs and alcohol... I am now very, very mellow.

Offline Iamhot

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 04:16:37 PM »
oh! it's a chinese movie! that why Andy Lou is the director

Waya475

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 10:38:23 AM »
Yay, Jay Chou is in it.  I like his music.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 03:33:36 PM »
Yeah, I watched it a few weeks ago... obviously a crappy camera copy with no subs... but I could easily tell that while they did put a lot of effort into making it look real, the characters are all over the place. The characters are all merged and split off with certain ties with other characters and just their overall personalities. Therefore, they deleted a few of the main characters write out of the story and pushed their roles onto other characters... which was really odd considering I had no subs to go with it...

But the cars looked great, and the drifting was top notch, so that's really the whole point anyway, right? No Eurobeat either, but what are ya gonna do?