Author Topic: The Scarlett Letter  (Read 1991 times)

Cherry

The Scarlett Letter
« on: June 22, 2005, 11:15:31 PM »

Gi-Hun a prospective detective in charge of crimes of violence, has two women: obedient cellist wife Suh-Yeon  and mistress and "femme fatale" Ga-Hui  having the opposite image of his wife. Then a murder is committed: a man is found dead with his skull broken. Gi-Hun meets Gyeong-Hui (Seong Hyeon-Ah), the cat-eyed wife of the assassinated man. Having found some mysteries in Gyeong-Hui's behavior, Gi-Hun asks her a series of questions: "Do you have a lover?," "Do you love him?," and many others. The murder case is further shrouded in mystery. Meanwhile, Gi-Hun is determined to break up with Ga-Hui after having found that his wife is expecting a baby, but only finds himself deeply in love with her. If there is a conclusion, it is that in order to love someone we need to pay the price. As the film is closing to an end, the shocking secrets of the three women are revealed one by one accompanied by an unexpected twist.

Saw it last night, it was pretty good.

But it was Lee EunJoo's last movie..[the main girl in the pictures above] She commited suicide after this movie because the movie didn't go well [people didnt like it] and she had a nude scene in it, i guess it was too much stress for her. I really liked her, she was one of my favorite korean actresses..

Offline eminent

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Sexy Commando
    • ozbb
Re: The Scarlett Letter
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 12:01:09 AM »
I... did not like this one. At all.

But then, I also watched it in varying degrees of consciousness. I'll have to see it again.
Forget drugs and alcohol... I am now very, very mellow.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
Re: The Scarlett Letter
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 04:54:00 AM »
Oh god, I thought you meant the book, The Scarlet Letter.  >_<  That book should burn in hell.  And I never watched that movie.

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

anything