Author Topic: The New and Improved Anime RPG  (Read 37755 times)

Offline Yukio

• Addict
  • Do we dare fight against fate? Or do we live on?
The New and Improved Anime RPG
« on: June 22, 2005, 05:02:39 PM »
Since the old Anime RPG is getting a little long and random a few of us thought that a new rpg with a storyline would make a good change.

(Storyline created by Steven):

Okay then... how does this sound?
Okay... it's modern day!  And there are three factions struggling for control of the world.
First there's the cliched large corporation
which is hell bent on destroying the earth for some obscure reason
next up, the resistance... a bunch of self righteous nit-wits who are trying to stop the corporation for the sake of truth, justicse, and all those other altruisitc things that cliche good guys fight for
last up is the ordinary people.... they serve me drinks....

so whaddaya think?

To keep down the randomness and god-moding that plagued the original Anime RPG I am going to make a few suggestions.

1.) Try not to god-mode. It makes rping dull and annoying.

2.) There are no auto-hits. That means you have to give your opponent a chance to react if you attack.

That is all for now so the New and Improved Anime RPG is now open!

(Thanks to the input of Steven, Waffo and Wall Keeper. Also profiles need to be put in the Old Anime RPG Profile thread.)

« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 05:05:27 PM by Empress Yukio »

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
Re: The New and Improved Anime RPG
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 07:01:59 PM »
Inside a tall, forboding tower on a small island:

*a man in a suit slammed his fist on the table in front of him angrily, glaring at the phone in his hand*

Man: She what?!  Thirty armed men couldn't stop her escape?!  And that sniper may have failed?  Find Lucy's body now!

Meanwhile, on an empty beach:

Girl soaked in sea water: Nyuu?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 07:26:52 PM by Waffo »

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Chaos

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 07:18:01 PM »
All of a sudden he is teleported by the girl
O.o- whats going on...
O.O- oh lord that girls is hurt
-.-_Lord heal this girl... as he mutters his prayers the girl loses her palor and the wounds go away
;D- good i was douting that power, and this era feels different... he throws his weapons in the air and they come back as a pistol a short sword and a really long rifle... odd humans and there weapons...
8)- he dissapeares and returns in a very nice suit with a preists collar. he shrugs and throws off the sports coat which vanishes in a puff of smoke.
???- now he takes out a book and speaks an unknown language, it flashes and with a loud thump he closes it
:'(- oh no i for got about the girl... are you ok?

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 07:25:43 PM »
*looks up at the man and starts sobbing*

Girl: Nyu!  Nyuuuuuuuuu...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 07:27:18 PM by Waffo »

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me

Offline Yukio

• Addict
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 08:11:25 PM »
*After a few minutes of waiting outside, the doors open to admit her. Standing there to greet her stood a man who was seemingly happy to see her.*

Man: Ah, Riza it is so nice to finally meet you. If you follow me I will elaborate on what my contact told you.

*The man led her to an elaborate office that appeared to be made for comfort instead of business. He motions for Riza to sit down which she did.*

Man: The job I had in mind for you is simple. You are to search and retrieve someone who escaped her recently.

Riza: You brought me out here onto this island for me to retrieve a young girl. As you should know from my employer I don't work cheaply.

Man: I know, but this girl is dangerous in many ways. You will be paid a sum of $15,000 and all expenses paid. As soon as the girl is brought back.

Riza: $15,000? I will only do it for $35,000, all expenses paid and anything else I wish to get.

Man: What!? That is ridiculous. Very well. Bring her back unharmed and you will be paid that sum.

Riza: Nice doing business with you. By the way, what is her name?

Man: It's Lucy.

*Riza smiles and walks out the door into a nearby plane which was owned by her employer.*

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 08:19:28 PM »
*wearing nothing but a thin gray t-shirt and green shorts, she started shivering*

Girl: Ah...nyu?  Nyuuuu?

Offline Yukio

• Addict
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 08:28:41 PM »
*Riza enters the plane with a smug on her face as she takes a seat in the comfortable interior.*

Pilot: Are you ready to leave Miss Riza? There seems to be a storm moving in and I wouldn't like be here when it does.

*Leans back in her seat and looks at the pilot with a small smile.*

Riza: Yes, I am done here for awhile. Close the compartment door or you will be meeting a friend of mine.

*Raises one of the pistols she happens to have secreted away under her uniform. The pilot pales at the sight of it and quickly shuts the door, afraid of the consequences.*

Riza: That fool must be getting desperate if he is willing to pay that much money for a simple retrieval. Though my employer will be happy.

*Nods her head slightly at a thought and looks out the window.*

Riza: This is going to be an easy job.

Chaos

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 09:03:07 PM »
;D-- you can call me... Ryu... yea sure why not
 8)- and i am your hero
 :o- you need clothes, here take this
* hands here a pad of paper and a pen write down what you want and it will happen.
 >:(- evil assassins.. hughhh...
*** 0.-_ aims his modifyed rifle at the pilet and fires a bullet with depth presision even though the pilots 5 miles away.
* the girl is still nameless to me...
 8)- all of a sudden ryu gets a long billowing black cape that looks like the stars in the skys were upon it. HELLO... lu... lucky? loony? OH lucy hey lucy!

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 04:47:56 AM »
*doesn't respond to the name and stares at the paper blankly*

Chaos

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 07:25:21 AM »
 :'(- Poor girl is tramatized... hmmp
 >:(- get up befor the assassin lady with the scary pistol comes.
 :P- oh yea here
*** gives the girl a prayer and all of a sudden she is more cheerful for some unknown reason.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 07:26:06 AM »
OOC: She's not traumatized.  She's...just dumb.  That's the way she is.

*holding the pen clumsily, she drew a bunch of lines all over the paper like a child*

Girl: Nyu!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 07:27:45 AM by Waffo »

Chaos

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2005, 07:46:22 AM »
 :(- of all the people... i have to be a guardian angle over *Special* girl. WHY GOD!
 ;D- its ok little girl here have fun with this and gimme back my magic pad and pen.
-- hands her a whistle, if you ever need me blow the whistle like this. ****WHISTLEEEEEEEEEEEEEE****.... it is a tad bit loud but hey ill hear it.
now where to my little friend? just point.

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2005, 07:51:21 AM »
Girl: Nyuu?

*looks at the whistle in her hand and blows it*

Offline PrinJess

• Cloud of Nightmares
  • Addict
  • Eh? Hrmm...
    • Ocean Healer
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2005, 08:49:06 AM »
Somewhere far off, a sonicboom sounded---three shots--- as ominous bird flys out, heading for the island as it hovers down to the ground. Looking closely, it wasn't a bird. It was a human little girl, with the set of black wings behind her and a  flame rapier in front, held by black human hands. She waves and folds her wings closed as she examines her new surroundings. 

"What is this island?" she whispers as she sniffs her human nose. She cringes at it; the aroma of this island wasn't something she had reconized. She notices two people on the sand-covered land not far from her. She decides to approach the unknown dwellers.

"Excuse me," she asks them sternly. "What era is this?"
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 08:52:20 AM by PrinJess »

Swim upsteam, for the beginning starts there.

Chaos

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2005, 08:54:27 AM »
 >:(- you think im a human i am good incarnate one of the 7 keys to the universe.
 ???- you can eat humans... well shes under my guard. as he is talking he is pulling out his short sword and he too grows wings... of an angel and the surrondings glow of his presence... and you friend or foe, for in the name of god this girl is under my protection. his sword grows with everword and lights up with a white fire, none may hurt this girl... EVER!  >:(

« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 08:57:30 AM by The Wall Keeper »

anything