Poll

Which MMORPG do you prefer?

Guild Wars
World of Warcraft
Final Fantasy 11
Everquest
Other

Author Topic: Best MMORPG game?  (Read 10923 times)

Offline kryu

• Clean
Best MMORPG game?
« on: June 20, 2005, 05:07:48 PM »
Help me out plz...  :)

dun know which game to buy~

Offline iforgot120

• Slightly Buzzed
Re: Best MMORPG game?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 05:12:28 PM »
or you can play one of the free ones that are almost as good as those, like ROSE Online (ROSEon for short), KAL Online, Conquer, or MapleStory.

Offline Undark

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Shakugan No Shana ^^
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 06:26:57 PM »
Play guild wars, buy once and you get to play online for free. I would be playing if I weren't broke.

Offline Jammer

• Slightly Buzzed
  • _crappy overly long series_ HAHA
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 06:53:20 PM »
The title of this thread is redundant. Learn your acronyms, fool.
As the universe expands, I contemplate whether it was God or the Big Bang that made man...

Offline clash

• Addict
  • You got beef?!
    • My Pulitzer Prize winning blog
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 07:15:09 PM »
Play guild wars, buy once and you get to play online for free. I would be playing if I weren't broke.

well, i work at Target, so i managed to get the cd key for the game free of charge, if you know what i mean. but Guild Wars really isn't an MMORPG, so from that list, the only other one i've played is FFXI, so i guess i would say go with that. however, if you like your MMORPGs to have a shorter time commitment, then WoW is probably your best bet.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 07:15:36 PM by clash »

2PAC IS STILL ALIVE!!1124213132!!! FOTOGRAFIC PRUF!!LOL!2 http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=FOOL_STREET_21

Offline Cloud13m

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 12:21:47 AM »

well, i work at Target, so i managed to get the cd key for the game free of charge, if you know what i mean. but Guild Wars really isn't an MMORPG, so from that list, the only other one i've played is FFXI, so i guess i would say go with that. however, if you like your MMORPGs to have a shorter time commitment, then WoW is probably your best bet.

I agree with Clash. FFXI and WoW are both really awesome games. But FFXI requires a bigger chunk of time. So If you want to play a game forever, play ffxi, if your more of a casual player play WoW. If your not a casual player you'll reach the highest lvl in WoW pretty quick, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it depends on what your looking for.

Offline Seifer

• Budding Addict
  • Nissan 300zx..
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 04:00:56 PM »
I've played FFXI, WoW, and Guildwars.. and I'd say FFXI is the best by far if you have commitment and patience to play the game. WoW is fun if you really just like to play by yourself and get high level then going and "pwning some n00bs" everywhere you can. Guildwars.. I really did not get into it as much as I thought I would.

Offline Jammer

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 07:50:38 PM »
What the hell are you guys talking about? WoW takes commitment. Maybe if you're a fucking loser with no life and play games non-stop from morning till night and have no sex then yes, WoW might not offer what you require, but WoW has such a bigger world, with way more stuff to do. FFXI is just populated by a bunch of gamers with twenty-eight peripheral LCDs and no futures who spend every goddamn waking moment at their computer, arguing over Cloud's pants: are they calfskin Jodhpurs or just regular ole pre-baggy cyberprep jeans?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 07:52:56 PM by Jammer »
As the universe expands, I contemplate whether it was God or the Big Bang that made man...

Offline Cloud13m

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 07:57:52 PM »
 Of course WoW takes commitment, just like any other mmorpg game. I'm was just saying that it take way longer to become the best in ffxi then becoming the best in WoW. My goal isnt to be the best ever to play the game, I doubt thats many peoples goal, I'm just saying one game takes alot more time to get to the top. Both are great games, having played both.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 08:07:33 PM by Cloud13m »

Waya475

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2005, 08:05:51 PM »
Hey Jammer, I play FFXI.  Cloud13m is right.  My friend was past level 40 in WoW in less than 2 weeks.  He balanced a life with this too.  FFXI takes MUCH longer to level up in.  It's insane.

Also, as I play FFXI, I like to think I have a future.  I also have a life.  Radical concept isn't it?

Offline Jammer

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2005, 08:32:02 PM »
Stop lying.

Offline Seifer

• Budding Addict
  • Nissan 300zx..
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2005, 09:14:46 PM »
What the hell are you guys talking about? WoW takes commitment. Maybe if you're a fucking loser with no life and play games non-stop from morning till night and have no sex then yes, WoW might not offer what you require, but WoW has such a bigger world, with way more stuff to do. FFXI is just populated by a bunch of gamers with twenty-eight peripheral LCDs and no futures who spend every goddamn waking moment at their computer, arguing over Cloud's pants: are they calfskin Jodhpurs or just regular ole pre-baggy cyberprep jeans?
And yet we listen to a guy with a Hello Kitty avatar..  ::)

Offline eminent

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Sexy Commando
    • ozbb
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2005, 09:19:34 PM »
It's better than no avatar and a car model.
Forget drugs and alcohol... I am now very, very mellow.

Offline Cloud13m

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2005, 09:47:51 PM »

I disagree.

Waya475

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2005, 10:14:32 PM »

I agree, your post is shallow and pedantic.

anything