Author Topic: About Love Hina manga  (Read 13520 times)

Offline Aoi_Sekai

• Clean
Re: About Love Hina manga
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2005, 05:42:55 AM »
ye the anime was definately not as good as the manga, but like i said a dozen of times, the anime is usually not as good as the manga.

I watched Love Hina in Japanese and i thought the voices was alrite, but when i heard that it was gonna b dubbed for a American release i just had to c wat it was like. After havin a look at it...WAS IT SHIT!!

They made Su sound like a stereotypical Indian, which she aint. They gave Kitsune a stereotypical Sout American accent (sorry if i offended any1, but that's wat it says in reviews aswell) Then there is Keitarou with a really crap voice.

As for the manga spoilers that weren't on the anime....

-Motoko cuts her hair short and finally tells Keitarou that she luvs him.
-Seta and Haruka gets married.
-Keitarou and  Naru gets married
-Su acting more maturely when she loses 1 of her teeth, and then Keitarou tries cheerin her up by takin her on a date, which then ends badly as he tells her he was gonna leave. But in the end Su kisses him.
-Mutsumi losin her memory, and starts acting like a 10yr old.
-Swimming pool incident with Kanako, Naru and Keitarou
-An introduction to Ema Maeda, last Vol. of Love Hina durin the Weddin.
-The date between Keitarou and Shinobu.

That's all i can remember for now :P
o ye, and the most obvious of things, more nudity in the manga lol

Edit---------------------------------
I think there is smethin with me and startin new pages in posts....This is my 13th time since last Thurs...lol also i noticed 2day is a Fri o_0
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 05:45:28 AM by Aoi_Sekai »

When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before

Offline Iamhot

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2005, 06:58:28 AM »
i wanna read this all!!!  specialy about motoko cutting here hair hehehehe

must go to a book store!!!

Offline sLaVeGiRl911

• The aBoLiTiOnIsT
  • Addict
  • Dokomade mo dakishimete hoshii-Fujimoto Miki
    • xanga- sLaVeGiRl01
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2005, 09:10:25 AM »
I HATED THE SHORT HAIR! She looked so pretty in long hair  :'( ( I was even about to get the same hairstye!) Thats probobly another reason why i htought she was so hot....
But yea, tis true. Theres alot in manga that theres not in anime. Thats why I always prefer the manga than the anime.
And I hate the dub voices... it just never matches my imagination. AND THE INDIAN VOICE FOR SU?!?! Shes not even Indian! And plus a white lady did her voice...
-sLaVeGiRl911
Running out of anime siggies.....

WE FOOKING SUPPORT YOU Ai-BON!!!!We support you. dont give up... but give up smoking ^_- Gambate!
Tsuji... you better help to =_=
http://www.xanga.com/sLaVeGiRl01

Offline Aoi_Sekai

• Clean
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2005, 12:26:47 PM »
I thought Motoko's short hair was kind of kawaii ^_^

Smething diff. at least. Makes me wonder though, if anime was really based more like in real life in terms of clothing, hairestyles and the lot...then that would b pretty cool. Seein characters havin diff. styles once in a while. Although I guess it could disapoint hardcore fans of that  character lol.

And 1 more thing...SU WAS DUBBED BY A WHITE CHICK!!?

O well...*sigh* thats how sme dubbing goes unfortunately. I was also wondering whether they did any edits and croppings in the American release of Love Hina. As with most anime here in the UK, alot of edits and croppings r made in anime, this really spoils it as it can tek away the scene and story most of the time. In the UK we don't even have a Adult Swim or ought, just plain old CN which obviously is mainly 4 kids, then there's Toonami.

This is y I always prefer the Japanese Ver. No crops, No edits, No take outs...Just  plain uncut and brilliant. and yet again with the complainin about this subject...*sighs* I really got to do smethin about this.

When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before

Offline sLaVeGiRl911

• The aBoLiTiOnIsT
  • Addict
    • xanga- sLaVeGiRl01
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2005, 12:34:59 AM »
I HATE THAT HAIR... But hey its our opinions  :-\
I'm a hardcore fan...  and I was disapointed.
Yep, shes a white chick. Wendee Lee. She does the voice of Su and Toma chan  (I dont know if you can call that a voice though.)

And heres the chick that made Motoko sound like a man (I RESENT HER!)

(Probobly the reason she sounds like that... JUST KIDDING if you got what I said!)
And yea, thers alot of editing in anime here. I dont know if there were any for Love Hina though. But in Samurai Champloo American style, they edited out her nipple on Adult Swim. Made alot of people (including me... I mean the voices sucked already! why edit things?!) mad on ANN (they have a discussion somewhere on there).
This is another reason why i like subs better than dubs. So fresh and natural. You can almost taste the edit freeness.
-sLaVeGiRl911

WE FOOKING SUPPORT YOU Ai-BON!!!!We support you. dont give up... but give up smoking ^_- Gambate!

Offline Stylez025

• Slightly Buzzed
  • I have never failed to satisfy!!
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2005, 12:27:43 PM »
Yeah when Motoko had long hair she looked as good as Naru if not better. With short hair it was just weird looking.

Shinobu looked good with long hair at the end of the manga though. Looked just like Naru

Offline sLaVeGiRl911

• The aBoLiTiOnIsT
  • Addict
    • xanga- sLaVeGiRl01
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2005, 10:44:51 PM »
woops heres the picture of Mona Marshall... thou I resent  >:(

Yeah when Motoko had long hair she looked as good as Naru if not better. With short hair it was just weird looking.

Shinobu looked good with long hair at the end of the manga though. Looked just like Naru

Agreed! I think she looked a smidge better than Naru with the long hair.... (shes so pretty *looks up at her grace*)  Actually all of them were hot
 <- need to stop using that for girls> pretty in their own way.

Shinobu probobly my least favorite but is still pretty. She matured so much! Oh how I wish that the manga would go on forever... Akamatsu could of atleast made a volumes for those 4 years :'(!
-sLaVeGiRl911

Offline kryu

• Clean
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2005, 11:01:30 PM »
Agreed!  :)

Subs > Dubs~

Offline sLaVeGiRl911

• The aBoLiTiOnIsT
  • Addict
    • xanga- sLaVeGiRl01
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2005, 11:14:47 PM »
Agreed!  :)

Subs > Dubs~

Always  ;D
(wow theres someone on besides me?!  :o Its like two in the mornin here...)
-sLaVeGiRl911

Offline kryu

• Clean
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2005, 11:18:07 PM »
Agreed! :)

Subs > Dubs~

Always ;D
(wow theres someone on besides me?! :o Its like two in the mornin here...)
-sLaVeGiRl911

Thats cuz its SUMMER BREAK and it's SATURDAY!!!  :D
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 11:18:35 PM by kryu »

Offline Mitsukago

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Oro?
    • Save Sci-Fi
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2005, 11:27:00 PM »
Stylez025;  I love your avatar!  That is my all time FAVORITE punch!  I laughed at that punch for hours! 

Rewind; BOOM - HAHAHAHA! / Rewind; BOOM - HAHEHAHA! / Rewind; BOOM - HOHAHEHA! ... Continued for hours... Then my gut was sore the next day.  What a work out!  Love Hina gave me LOTS of excersize.

Save Sci-Fi Science, Imagination and innovation. Supporting Sci-Fi is our specialty.

Offline sLaVeGiRl911

• The aBoLiTiOnIsT
  • Addict
    • xanga- sLaVeGiRl01
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2005, 11:38:28 PM »
Agreed! :)

Subs > Dubs~

Always ;D
(wow theres someone on besides me?! :o Its like two in the mornin here...)
-sLaVeGiRl911

Thats cuz its SUMMER BREAK and it's SATURDAY!!!  :D

Ha ha thats right.... though tonight I think Im gonna go to bed "early" ( 3 am early!... yikes)
LOVE HINA FOR EVEYONE! Go buy it, you'll love it. Garunteed  ;)
-sLaVeGiRl911

Offline Stylez025

• Slightly Buzzed
  • I have never failed to satisfy!!
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2005, 10:05:23 AM »

Agreed! I think she looked a smidge better than Naru with the long hair.... (shes so pretty *looks up at her grace*)  Actually all of them were hot
 <- need to stop using that for girls> pretty in their own way.

Shinobu probobly my least favorite but is still pretty. She matured so much! Oh how I wish that the manga would go on forever... Akamatsu could of atleast made a volumes for those 4 years :'(!
-sLaVeGiRl911

Yeah i was disappointed we didn't get to see her more in different outfits. When she didn't have her samurai outfit on she was hella hot but her in that maid outfit with the pigtails (although i normally despise pigtails)was my favorite

Offline Aoi_Sekai

• Clean
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2005, 12:32:05 PM »
I prefer Motoko and Shinobu with long hair, it makes them look so much better and it makes shinobu look alot older.

Now that u guys have mentioned outfits... How many outfits has Motoko wore or shown in?...

let's c now..

Normal/Miko outfit Motoko
Maid Motoko
Nun Motoko
Mafia style clothing Motoko(Vol.12/13 in the manga)
School Clothes Motoko
Mini Skirt Motoko (the 1 with pigtails)
Chinese/Japanese Christmas clothing Motoko
Usual Casual wear Motoko (the 1 with a heart and wings..I think)
Samurai Armour Motoko
Gothic Motoko
Kanako White dress Motoko (Vol 12/13)
??? Ranger Motoko (Vol 12/13)
Beauty Dress Motoko( Mecha-Tama part)

And thats all I can think of.

Offline Iamhot

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2005, 01:02:25 PM »
i just downloaded some of the volumes ( i will not tell the link and its has the crappies scanlation i seen) and it feel like wathing the anime, so far i'm reading volume 5 and there no or few difference between them two (anime /manga ).

difference i notice:
- shinobu is already a tenant of the inn
- tama-chan has a different name
- no mokoto's minnion ( not complaining )
- no guy from naru's school ( same as above)
- otomohime has few scene ( too early to tell)

i think will buy and collect the manga co'z scanlation its just bad and i love the series hehehe!!!

how many volumes are there????

anything