Author Topic: A.I. Love You  (Read 4077 times)

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
A.I. Love You
« on: June 03, 2005, 12:27:30 PM »
I just picked up the first volume a week ago. This series is pretty cool tho it reminds me of Chobits and Love Hina put together. This series was Ken Akamatsu's first manga and I saw for a first series its pretty good.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Ruri

• Meega na la Kweesta!
  • Addict
  • Gao~
Re: A.I. Love You
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 06:00:54 PM »
I've read a couple of them..It was good, and I wish I could buy it and read it, but alas...i'm too poor.

I think it's good, but then again, I fall for all that romance shit.

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 07:58:03 PM »
lol then Chobits feel to it is a downer but it is Akamatsu's first series so....yeah gotta give him props.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline sLaVeGiRl911

• The aBoLiTiOnIsT
  • Addict
  • Dokomade mo dakishimete hoshii-Fujimoto Miki
    • xanga- sLaVeGiRl01
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 08:51:04 AM »
...Chobits feel to it is a downer but it is Akamatsu's first series so....yeah gotta give him props.
├é┬  ├é┬ ( i gotta give him big ups too... my favorite manga artist/writter├é┬  ;D)
I read the first 3 volumes from the library (wanted to check it out before I spent money). It was quite good. But I gave up on it when I started to get really obssesed with Love hina.
Chobits was from Ken Akamatsu?? I though it was from CLAMP.
http://tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?propertycode=CHB&categorycode=BMG&page=creatorprofile
-sLaVeGiRL911
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 08:53:10 AM by sLaVeGiRl911 »
Running out of anime siggies.....

WE FOOKING SUPPORT YOU Ai-BON!!!!We support you. dont give up... but give up smoking ^_- Gambate!
Tsuji... you better help to =_=
http://www.xanga.com/sLaVeGiRl01

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 08:54:52 AM »
I never said that Chobits was from Ken Akamatsu. Chobits IS by CLAMP. I just said that AI Love You had the same feeling as Chobits. That is what I got out of it so far.

And I understand about the Love Hina thing. I started reading AI Love You about a week after I got done with Love Hina.

Offline sLaVeGiRl911

• The aBoLiTiOnIsT
  • Addict
    • xanga- sLaVeGiRl01
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 09:03:42 AM »
Ah I see, sorry read it wrong =/

WE FOOKING SUPPORT YOU Ai-BON!!!!We support you. dont give up... but give up smoking ^_- Gambate!

Offline Aoi_Sekai

• Clean
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 02:25:15 PM »
I've read them all and they r very good. Well wat do u expect from Ken Akamatsu ^_^

I can c where he got all his ideas for Negima and Love Hina now lol. Wait...I'm sure I mentioned this in the other topic...*just goes check the other topic*...yes i have lol.

Well anyway, it's a great manga and I loved it. It is worth readin if ur a big Akamatsu fan.

When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before

Offline sLaVeGiRl911

• The aBoLiTiOnIsT
  • Addict
    • xanga- sLaVeGiRl01
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2005, 10:43:32 PM »
Hell yea they are grood.. Its from the best  ;)
I thought I saw a slight similarity too. The character design and everything. Like in a Negima episode in the pool, the one where they were deciding on who should take Negima Sensei as their roomate. And it would be the one with the biggest breastesis.... Well there was a girl who looked like Mitsumi, had the biggest boobs (Mistumi had the biggest ta tas) and from the translation she said "Oh my" when she found out she won. JUST LIKE MITSUMI!
(Im definitly a big fan of Ken Akamatsu... sn at another forum is lovehinafan1  :))
-sLaVeGiRl911

Offline Jammer

• Slightly Buzzed
  • _crappy overly long series_ HAHA
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2005, 11:35:19 PM »
All of Ken's stuff is crap.
As the universe expands, I contemplate whether it was God or the Big Bang that made man...

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Look me up at #White_base and #Zg-fansubs at Rizon
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2005, 03:31:22 AM »
That wasn't a constructive comment.... I think you need to rethink that answer. I think that this series is nice. Though the whole AI thing was a little over the top sometimes. Many scenes similar to Love Hina and Negima... well thats about all I had to say.

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline Aoi_Sekai

• Clean
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2005, 12:11:15 PM »
Yep, not very constructive...lol

If u r goin to diss the manga u could at least, give a reason. If not u tend to look like an ass, and seem to not know alot about wat u read or c.

Meh.. it's ur opinion but, ppl who tend to give a bad opinion of a series in a topic for it while not givin a reason tends to get flamed. Just tellin u that most tend to get flamed anyway lol.

I thought that the similar scenes would b the other way round. Since A.I Love You was made b4 Negima and Love Hina, although u could have seen Negima and Love Hina 1st b4 A.I Love You...Maa..Ika...(O well)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 12:14:44 PM by Aoi_Sekai »

When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before

Offline eminent

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Sexy Commando
    • ozbb
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2005, 06:04:17 PM »
All of Ken's stuff is really crap.
Forget drugs and alcohol... I am now very, very mellow.

Offline Jammer

• Slightly Buzzed
  • _crappy overly long series_ HAHA
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2005, 06:18:27 PM »
I spit on Ken.
As the universe expands, I contemplate whether it was God or the Big Bang that made man...

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Look me up at #White_base and #Zg-fansubs at Rizon
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2005, 11:46:32 PM »
Eminent, all of your comments are crap. Your avatar is crap, your signature is crap, your name is crap.....Oh wait, I get it now, your crap....

Yeah that seems right 8).
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 11:54:55 PM by Zellgadus »

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2005, 07:32:41 AM »
Err I suggest getting back on topic before this becomes a flame thread.

The only reason why I never related Negima or Love Hina to this series is to the fact that this series really did come before the others. Yeah it was re-released after Negima and Love Hina but to me AI Love You came before.