Author Topic: Air TV *Spoilers*  (Read 17883 times)

Offline Aoi_Sekai

• Clean
Re: Air TV *Spoilers*
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2005, 11:11:44 AM »
I found this anime fairly easy to understand ^_^ This is one of those anime's that do not have a definite answer, but dependin how u look at it.

U kinda get used to these type of anime, once u watched stuff like .Hack//Sign, Lain and Evangelion. I love anime with a deep and complex story line.

The only thing that got me thinkin was the ending for this anime. Where the two kids were holdin hands, was it the souls of Yukito and Misuzu holdin hands or was it  kanna and ryuuga. Here's an explanation on both sides of the ending.

Although Key didn't completely clear things up, I'm sure it is Kanna and Ryuuga. Although Kana wasn't complete as a soul within Misuzu, Mizusu was the reincarnated soul of Kanna, the soul of Ryuuga was reincarnated as Yukito, however Yukito/Ryuuga had never realised his real intention for searchin for the'girl with wings', apart from the fact that his mother told him about it. But when Yukito gave up his life to try and save Misuzu, he relived the past and realises that his mission was to free Kanna of the curse. As ForeverGoNe has mentioned he was brought back as a crow to do a 'recap', i don't think it was a recap of wat would of happen if Misuzu relied on her mother. Because Yukito was there all the way through the recap till he parted with Misuzu. But at that point l8ter Yukito turns into a crow. It was just showing Yukito/Ryuuga(the crow) wat happened after he left(present Yukito). He wanted to save Mizusu, so he gave his life to try, but if he hadn't returned as a crow he would have not learned if he truly has saved her, so in the end he realises that Kanna is still out there, and until he can break the curse completely he will go in search for her until he does.

So I don't think the curse is broken entirely, well not to the present Yukito and Mizusu. At the end of the anime the boy, the reincarnation of Yukito/Ryuuga, mentions that the Present Yukito and Mizusu that he was watching still has hardships to go through. So there is this continuous cycle that will happen until a curse is completely broken. As I mentioned like ForeverGoNe has, Key did not specify if it was Yukito/Ryuuga and Mizusu/Kanna or not. So towards my conclusion, the boy is definitely Yukito/Ryuuga and the girl is Mizusu/Kanna. The boy tells the girl that she wanted to go c wat was byond the shorline, however the girl tells him that she hasn't told him that, and who was it who wanted to go see the shore line?...Actually I don't remember, but i'm guessin it was Misuzu was the 1 lol. So all in all. Yukito and Ruuya r one and the same in the end, Mizusu and Kanna r one and the same in the end aswell.

But then this brings another point on whether the girl is both Kanna and Mizusu as the boy never mentioned if she was Kanna or Mizusu,  but he did say it was a 'new beggining' for them. Which could mean that it is Yukito/Ryuuya and Mizusu in the end. Bcause Kanna could be free at this point so there was no need to inhabit another body. Another thing is it could b Kanna  who is the body now, but Mizusu is the soul inhabitant. When u take a look at the girl in the end u notice she has a bluish purple hair which is  Kanna's hair colour. Thus Yukito and Ryuuyu as one has got their wish in the end. Yukito has Mizusu's soul to live with together and Ryuuya has Kanna's freedom.

So here's the same type of ending theme of bothe side,

Ryuuya has freed Kanna(soul?)
Yukito/Ryuuya remembers his past
There is still a cycle of the curse which has not been broken for the time being in Yukito and Mizusu timeline.

This is all i can sum up at the mo, if any1 has a diff. side to the endin feel free to post, it's good to c diff. sides of the endin as this will help completely narrow the endin down.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 11:13:50 AM by Aoi_Sekai »

When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before

Offline kryu

• Clean
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2005, 05:59:35 PM »
Guess the makers of the Air anime wants us to buy the H-game to completely understand what the plot's all about~  :P

Offline Aoi_Sekai

• Clean
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2005, 02:36:10 AM »
Probably ;D, but hey...watever makes u tick as sme say.

There is also a new anime that's gonna b based off another H game, Heard of the game 'Shuffle'? Another H game and is suppose to b quite good. Dunno when the anime is due, but I guess it might b around August.

Wow, H games r movin in to the anime business ^_^ I was always mentionin that they should. Lookin at their creations looked good enough, and sme H games have a good story line. Suprisingly it's not gonna b Hentai ???

Ma ika....

When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before

Offline Kaze101

• Slightly Buzzed
  • ~(^.^~)(~^.^)~ Dance Dance!!!
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2005, 08:49:19 AM »
I'm also quite surprised that H games arent ecchi hentai animes when they do turn in to anime >.<. I had a dream about the Air summer Special. It was on Animesuki's webpage and when i got home from skool i was looking on animesuki for it.... it seemed so real.... :o

Offline Undark

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Shakugan No Shana ^^
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2005, 04:11:54 AM »
LoL someone has a little bit too much Air TV.

I rarely dream about anything related to anime. Games, on the other hand, is another entirely different story ;D

Offline Kaze101

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2005, 02:31:14 PM »
i dreamt about ichigo 100% too O.o about Tsukasa roflmao. Nothing nasty tho, it wasnt a wet dream. I think i had too much ichigo too >.<

Offline ForeverGoNe

• Clean
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2005, 06:35:25 AM »
As ForeverGoNe has mentioned he was brought back as a crow to do a 'recap', i don't think it was a recap of wat would of happen if Misuzu relied on her mother. Because Yukito was there all the way through the recap till he parted with Misuzu. But at that point l8ter Yukito turns into a crow. It was just showing Yukito/Ryuuga(the crow) wat happened after he left(present Yukito). He wanted to save Mizusu, so he gave his life to try, but if he hadn't returned as a crow he would have not learned if he truly has saved her, so in the end he realises that Kanna is still out there, and until he can break the curse completely he will go in search for her until he does.

What I meant by recap, is how the events would've unfolded now that him trying to save Misuzu. Notice the difference in how Haruka truly acts, as opposed to before? Misuzu's main goal was to be happy, and with how Haruka treated her with such love, and how they spent the summer together, Misuzu was finally able to fulfill her dreams. The curse was broken after that goal was reached. Misuzu then returned to the sky to become one with the winged being. And also, the main reason why he was reincarnated was so that he could see the unfold of events, that the curse would be broken. Thats what I meant, sorry for the confusion.

But then this brings another point on whether the girl is both Kanna and Mizusu as the boy never mentioned if she was Kanna or Mizusu,  but he did say it was a 'new beggining' for them. Which could mean that it is Yukito/Ryuuya and Mizusu in the end. Bcause Kanna could be free at this point so there was no need to inhabit another body. Another thing is it could b Kanna  who is the body now, but Mizusu is the soul inhabitant. When u take a look at the girl in the end u notice she has a bluish purple hair which is  Kanna's hair colour. Thus Yukito and Ryuuyu as one has got their wish in the end. Yukito has Mizusu's soul to live with together and Ryuuya has Kanna's freedom.

Thats one way to interpret the final relation between Yukito/Ryuuyu and Misuzu/Kanna. Because we know that the two children could either be one of the two pairs, it could be safe to assume that they both attained what you said earlier, Misuzu's soul and Kanna's freedom.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 06:47:14 AM by ForeverGoNe »

Offline Kaze101

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2005, 08:16:37 AM »
so the children at the end could be both kanna/ryugga and yukito/misuzu..... i thought it was kanna and ryuuga but i wasnt sure coz i was very confused >.<

Offline Aoi_Sekai

• Clean
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2005, 04:20:26 AM »
Srry about that there ForeverGoNe ^_^; guess i kinda got caught up in the typin, everytime i type smthin like this or summary i tend to get carried away and don't notice things as much...

Don't worry Tsukasa_Lover! i think quite a few ppl didn't get the ending accurately, but who to say i am?...we won't know until the OVA that comes out soon, well i hope that may clear things up.

Offline ForeverGoNe

• Clean
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2005, 04:23:40 AM »
Hehe, getting caught up in the moment always gets the better of us at times. Its my fault if I didn't make it clearly enough before  ::)

Offline Kaze101

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2005, 05:49:28 AM »
i might start posting some air wallpapers soon, like the first one i posted. If i can be arsed that is. Out of interest did anyone use the wallpaper i posted?

Offline Undark

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Shakugan No Shana ^^
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2005, 07:34:42 PM »
I hope people read this before going off to download Air the Movie. Because it is garbage compared to Air TV. The art, story and characters all can't stand up to their anime counterpart. It's kinda sad that they pretty much completely messed it up with the movie.

The quality of the art is surprisingly bad compared to the anime. Considering that this is a movie, that is extremely disappointing. As for the story, it seemed like they tried to add a more romantic relationship between Misuzu and Yukito, but failed horribly. And the characters, I did not feel any attachment to the character whatsoever. I cried the first time I saw the ending to Air TV, I cried the second time, and I would have cried the third time if it weren't because my friends came over halfway through the ending (although my eyes were still watery.) As for the movie ending, I didn't even feel the slightest bit of sadness. Partly because I already know the ending, but also because the movie didn't get me attached to the characters at all. I couldn't care less that Misuzu died, because I have yet to feel the emotional attachment that I felt when I watched the anime.

The final verdict, just watch anime. Don't watch the movie because you think it would be good, because it sucked IMO. The only thing it offered was a few events that never happened in the anime, but it doesn't make up for the overall crappiness of the movie.  Although I still would recommend the anime whole-heartedly ;D.

Offline Kaze101

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2005, 12:23:22 PM »
pfft i downloaded it anyways... i thought it was good. Misuzu didnt seem like Misuzu and niether did Yukito but it was good.... made me cry in the end, which the TV series didn't which was kinda surprising. But the movie was basically the TV series without some characters and worser art with little bits added in.

Offline Undark

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Shakugan No Shana ^^
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2005, 07:38:07 PM »
O.o How could you cry for the movie but not the anime. I hardly took a liking to the characters, nevermind caring enough about them to cry over their death. I feel that the characters personality changed when they made it into a movie.

Offline Kaze101

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2005, 06:32:10 AM »
i dont even know how i cried... the anime seemed much more depressing but i just did in the movie. Btw wasnt the movie mad first? so shouldnt it be "i feel the characters personalities changed when it was made into a anime" or something....
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 02:14:04 AM by Tsukasa_Lover! »

anything