Poll

Who do you think is better Kira/Archangel or Shinn/Minerva

Kira/Archangel
15 (88.2%)
Shinn/Minerva
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Kira/Archangel or Shinn/Minerva  (Read 8512 times)

Offline hdice3

• Clean
  • life is strange
Kira/Archangel or Shinn/Minerva
« on: May 22, 2005, 12:16:55 PM »
the reason I'm doing this is because me and a friend have been arguing over who is the better pilot and ship
i personally believe it is Kira and Archangel without question
but i am curious to see what u think

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
Re: Kira/Archangel or Shinn/Minerva
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 04:05:19 PM »
If I had a choice of ships I would choose Minerva because its just sexy.  But when it comes to Firepower It lacks a little bit, AA has 2 positron cannons and we all know thats the boom stick.  Well other than that Shinn has alot to learn, So I guess I go with option one.

G-thugin it up.

Offline Undark

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Shakugan No Shana ^^
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 07:13:02 AM »
If terms of the 2 battleships, they are both pretty much even. Minerva is probably more technologically advance (ex faster, has better computerized system for aiming, maneveuring etc.) But as Grahf said, Minerva loses on the firepower department simply because of its single positron cannon. Also, I think that AA has been modified so that it is a bit more capable for atmospheric battles than Minerva.

As for the mobile suit part, if Shinn were to fight Kira alone, I doubt that Shinn can win. However, Minerva is designed with Impulse in mind. So Minerva and Impulse can probably work together better than AA and Freedom (Minerva + Impulse also has a bit more versatility).

Then there is also the other mobile suits that's on board the 2 battleship. But they are pretty much even ever since ORB renament joined AA (Minerva lost it's number advantage.)

Then there is the experience of the two ships. I think AA wins in this one, but they also have the no kill policy. So if the fight really happens, it would be really hard to determine who wins...

edit: I didn't vote btw...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 10:25:34 AM by Undark »

Offline hdice3

• Clean
  • life is strange
who is better..Kira or Shinn as a gundam pilot
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 06:35:08 PM »
i think its kira
he's more experinced and has a better gundam

Offline hdice3

• Clean
  • life is strange
which is the better ship?
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 06:36:56 PM »
ARCHANGEL would win in a fight, 'cause every battle minerva is in they get damaged a lot

Offline Zantazuken

• Clean
Re: who is better..Kira or Shinn as a gundam pilot
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 07:11:34 PM »
MAN SHIN IS GONNA SPANK KIRA INTO NUTHINGNESS
In war victory is given to the ones that fight the hardest for the win.....

If you fear dying from the unknown then all that you do kno will consume you...

Offline Zantazuken

• Clean
Re: which is the better ship?
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 07:16:15 PM »
Maybe If the EAF cared about the Archangel as much then it would get totaled to. If you havent noticed when ever the two ships are on the battle feild the EAF and ORB always attack Minerva and ignore the Archangel completely, not to mention when the Archangel comes into the picture it causes more problems and doesnt solve any.

The crew lacks good sence and medels. If Kira wasnt such an ass the Heine and the orb captain would still be alive!

I say Shin and Minerva all the way

about that orb ranment joining the AA it realy doesnt matter consider that ORB soldiers always get pwned in every battle so they kinda just take up space.

I'll agree that the minerva lacks firepower but it makes up in tactics plus they actually have a reason to fight unlike AA who just comes up to confuse the hell out off everyone

If it were a one on match I'd say SHin would beat Kira for the soul reason that he came |------| that close to killing him in their last battle, if he had his sillouette fighter equiped he would have been in range to kill kira with that one swipe.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 11:57:53 AM by Waya475 »

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2005, 09:11:03 PM »
hdice3 I merged your 2 topics with this one, since they were the same as this one. I'm not going to scold you really but please look more carefully at the threads already made before creating your own.

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2005, 09:17:58 PM »
Zantazuken some things you say make sense and others don't.  I'll just leave it at that.

Anyway Kira will have to lose eventually he isn't a god but Shinn ain't nothing great either. He isn't a poorly developed "main charater".  I mean he is almost the same other "main characters" but he has yet to mature and that leads me to believe that he will die in the end.

G-thugin it up.

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005, 08:34:18 AM »
The best one is Kira and the ArchAngel. Murrue Ramius knows more aobut commanding a ship than Talia Gladys and on top of that Kira is a better pilot than Shinn.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline theshonen

• Clean
  • Kawaii!
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2005, 09:24:12 PM »
Kira and AA all the way. If Kira was useing normal Freedom he would kill em alot faster than Strike Freedom >.<

Offline Bishoujomae

• Clean
  • What!?
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2005, 07:07:22 PM »
Kira is a better pilot than Shinn.

although i agree with Kira being a better pliot the fact is that 

[spoiler]
Shinn beats Kira
[/spoiler]

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2005, 07:43:58 PM »
Ok, I'll give my say on this, though I'm sure most of you already know which side I support.  Kira all the way.  Yes yes, we all know that Freedom will be destroyed, but non of the spoilers actually said how it was beaten, if it was even Shinn alone that beat him.  Plus, you all know that the only reason why they have Kira lose is to get out Strike Freedom $$$.  And WHEN THE HELL did Shinn came [-----] that close to beaten Kira?!  Up to this point, only Destroy has even touched Freedom.  Sure he almost nearly maybe would have been able to hit Freedom that one time, but guess what, he didn't cuz Kira dodged it.  Ok I'll you the point about confusion on the battle field, but more people probably would have died in those battle if AA didn't enter the fight.  And Heine, he died cuz he got careless and pretty much jumped right in front of Gaia as it was charging.  The Orb captain would have died anyway.  *takes a deep breath* ok, I'll end it here before I get more bias that I am.

Offline Zantazuken

• Clean
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2005, 08:36:53 PM »
well how else would freedom get beat if shin doesn't do it think about the storyline theres nobody left to do the job thats why they made sure to kill of alot of people. About the whole not hitting kira thing u obviously missed my point about what i said though the hdice got it when i told him (the guy that started the forum)

But in necase due to certain things turning up in the series me and hdice have called off our dispute about the whole thing......so i guess you guyz that wish to keep going can go on.........if thats what you want to do...yea

Thanks for your input anyway

Offline Zantazuken

• Clean
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2005, 12:08:14 PM »
yea i was RIGHT what now......thats what i would say if i didn't feel so bad about being right...I mean i kno kira is coming back for strike freedom and all but still..it just doesn't feel right