Author Topic: Revenge of the Sith  (Read 6242 times)

Offline Undark

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Shakugan No Shana ^^
Re: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2005, 10:33:51 AM »
I am chinese, so I hafto admit that some of the lightsabre scenes really annoyed me simply due to the amount of chinese influence in it. The fighting style they chose doesn't always fit in with a lightsabre.

*Spoiler*

Especially the part where Obi-wan does that stance right b4 having the lightsabre duel with the general. I hated that part...

Offline Kaze101

• Slightly Buzzed
  • ~(^.^~)(~^.^)~ Dance Dance!!!
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2005, 01:43:55 PM »
For some reason i didnt like the movie at all... it nearly made me fall asleep. Maybe because it seemed to long, i liked the lightsabre battles tho.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2005, 01:52:18 PM »
Also the first trilogy came out before Lucas ever thought about creating Episodes 1-3

You really should have said "about REALISTICALLY creating Episodes 1-3". Of course he thought about it, he had to make a rough idea of what it was to start with "Episode 4", or ANH would have been Episode I to begin with.

I am chinese, so I hafto admit that some of the lightsabre scenes really annoyed me simply due to the amount of chinese influence in it. The fighting style they chose doesn't always fit in with a lightsabre.

I don't really understand why that is a problem. How do you know how to fight with a lightsaber? I didn't know you could learn a weapon that doesn't exist. My advice is to not worry about it.

Offline eminent

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Sexy Commando
    • ozbb
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2005, 03:46:07 PM »
There are seven different lighsabre fighting styles.

And to a previous poster, "hardcore fan" really means "afraid of change" imo.
Forget drugs and alcohol... I am now very, very mellow.

Offline Undark

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Shakugan No Shana ^^
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2005, 04:21:57 PM »
Hmm... the style they chose, if I am not mistaken is the swordplay with a chinese sword, think Xianghua from Soul Calibur II and you will get a feel of how the style is like. The sword itself is designed more for stabbing as opposed to slashing and the same thing can be seen in her fighting style.

Now, does the lightsabre seem like a stabbing sword? I don't think so. In fact, it looks a lot better when the lightsabre is swung in a slashing fashion, with the light trailing the movement as the user swings the blade in wide arc motions. Now here is Obi-wan striking a pose from the chinese sword style, which is quite different from how a lightsabre *should* be wielded. Personally, that really ruined the moment.

And he didn't even do the pose right either. It looks "americanized" if you ask me. So frankly, I wasn't really impressed with some of the fight scenes.

edit: ya, I guess it's really more of a personal thing. But I was just wondering if anyone else shared my opinion. Guess not :S
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 04:22:52 PM by Undark »

Offline Private Prinny

• President of the "Harima Kenji" fanclub
  • Clean
  • *Kaboom*
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2005, 09:58:09 AM »
For some reason i didnt like the movie at all... it nearly made me fall asleep. Maybe because it seemed to long, i liked the lightsabre battles tho.

Yeah, same opinion! They made it too comedian style!
They seriously wanted to be funny,baw they should just waited for spaceballs2 or were they frightened, that this movie goes better cinema-money-wise?
Signature? What is a Signature? Bah, I don´t need that extra-space,  to make a complete fool out of me!
Just take a look at my damn posts!

No native english speaker! Keep that in mind, while laughing at my baad grammar!

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2005, 04:50:43 PM »
And he didn't even do the pose right either. It looks "americanized" if you ask me. So frankly, I wasn't really impressed with some of the fight scenes.

Too bad he's British. :-\

They made it too comedian style!
They seriously wanted to be funny,baw they should just waited for spaceballs2 or were they frightened, that this movie goes better cinema-money-wise?

Are you kidding me? They had far less comedy antics in Episode III than I and II...

Offline Jammer

• Slightly Buzzed
  • _crappy overly long series_ HAHA
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2005, 05:55:41 PM »
Meh. The whole "Listen to R-2 make funny noises" act just ruined the entire film. The start, which began really well, got lame really quickly once the droid antics started up. The little kiddies loved it though, which I guess was the point,  for Star Wars must make maximum revenue as Lucas is the epitomy of corporate Hollywood evil and greed, shitting out heartless films one after another. Too bad his writing never improved. =/
As the universe expands, I contemplate whether it was God or the Big Bang that made man...

Offline Private Prinny

• Clean
  • *Kaboom*
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2005, 08:29:25 AM »

Too bad he's British. :-\

They made it too comedian style!

Are you kidding me? They had far less comedy antics in Episode III than I and II...

Yeah, ep 1 was a huge failure, even the kid who played anakin was a failure cast!
But in ep2 it wasn't as much ***** or the humour was better inplemented (or so I remember!) but whats that R2D2-noise topic? Oh well,  it was posted already!
Or the lift scenes? And finally the General Grievous and the Animal Obi-wan rides in the attack!

Well, all is a matter of taste, but IMHO ep2 was better made story and scriptwise! Of course there iwasn't so much pressure to make loose ends fit, but it was not as much a huge dissapointment then ep1 and ep3. Sure the lightsabre-fights are cool, the effects are cool, but what? It is suposed to be cool, look at other special effects in other films from the 21th century! Hell he had all the money and time he wanted for this film, and the only thing he thought of was effects? Oh man, what a bad joke! The original episodes where the ultimate definition of space-opera! Well, nowadays they are called classics! Now I know why they are called so, because nothing now could even get close to the films then!

::)  :o :o :o ::) Well, thats a question of taste I guess, maybe my rant has gotten a little too far as always!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 08:31:48 AM by Private Prinny »
Signature? What is a Signature? Bah, I don´t need that extra-space,  to make a complete fool out of me!

No native english speaker! Keep that in mind, while laughing at my baad grammar!

Waya475

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2005, 11:17:30 AM »
Episode II Script:

"I am grown up, you said it yourself"
".....Please don't look at me that way"
"Why not?"
"Because it makes me uncomfortable"
"Sorry M'lady"

Ah, what a touching romance scene!

Ugh, the script in Episode II was horrible, and the acting was even worse.

You obviously need to compare Episodes II and III again.

Offline Private Prinny

• Clean
  • *Kaboom*
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2005, 06:36:05 PM »
Well, since I watched the movie in german, there might be some slight differences, but I can see your point. Well my last post wasn't specially aimed at the romance.
Sorry for not making it clear first time! I wasn't interested at all in the love between them (yeah I know it IS important, but not for me!) The story arround the clon-wars has its flaws too, but it wasn't as MAKE-IT-FUNNY-NO-MATTER-WHAT-THE-AUDIENCE-THINKS! as ep 3.

Offline Denkogami

• Clean
  • How to live a noble life in the age of insanity
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2005, 02:42:53 PM »
See but we all know that the 4-6 came out before 1-3. We aren't dumb ya know. Normally when a person goes back and creates prequels to a saga/series that is already out, they normally would go back, rewatch and check for everything in the movie and make sure that the prequels tie in very smoothly to the originals. Even all the small things.

Like I said before tho my comments are mainly coming from the hardcore side of me. If I was to look at it from the non-hardcore side I would say George Lucas did a sweet job tying 'Sith' in with 'Hope'.

Oh and I believe that the books after 'Jedi' are the end all cause of course they talk about what happened after. Of course there are some inconsistencies in those books too but you can never find the perfect movie/book anyway. Its a fool's hope to hope for one.

FYI, the only book considered CANON by Lucas, is Shadows of the Empire, everything else is the other authors imagination.
You could hear all of Eden hold its breath
On this the anniversary of wonder’s death
Unholy occasion what a terrible mess
Oh it's time for a new dress

Offline Denkogami

• Clean
  • How to live a noble life in the age of insanity
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2005, 02:48:21 PM »
Meh. The whole "Listen to R-2 make funny noises" act just ruined the entire film. The start, which began really well, got lame really quickly once the droid antics started up. The little kiddies loved it though, which I guess was the point,  for Star Wars must make maximum revenue as Lucas is the epitomy of corporate Hollywood evil and greed, shitting out heartless films one after another. Too bad his writing never improved. =/

I felt like walking out at that moment, it picked up though, once R2 was out of the way.

and why is R2 MORE high-tec BACK IN THE DAY?
You could hear all of Eden hold its breath
On this the anniversary of wonder’s death
Unholy occasion what a terrible mess
Oh it's time for a new dress

aznrocker23

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2005, 12:25:21 PM »
before i watch the movie...can u please tell me if i have to watch the ones before it.Because my friends who saw it didn't watch the first ones but understood it.

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Look me up at #White_base and #Zg-fansubs at Rizon
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2005, 04:15:33 AM »
Depends on what how you feel about it. It isn't a must. But you won't have full insight on the story. If you saw ANH, TESB and ROTJ you will have enough basis to get the whole movie. However if it's just a movie you wanna see, then just go and see it and there is no big problem about it.

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

anything