Author Topic: Revenge of the Sith  (Read 6270 times)

Offline eminent

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Sexy Commando
    • ozbb
Revenge of the Sith
« on: May 19, 2005, 06:23:11 PM »
Star Wars. Badass. ^10.

OH my GOD

Edit: Changed the title to reflect the meaning of the thread. - Judau
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 02:48:12 PM by Judau »
Forget drugs and alcohol... I am now very, very mellow.

Offline bum

• Addict
Re: Ho-Ly-Censored
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 08:02:07 AM »
Star Wars. Bad^10.

Their, I fixed your post :P

Offline eminent

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Sexy Commando
    • ozbb
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 08:03:22 PM »
troll :(

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 02:47:35 PM »
Star Wars. Badass. ^10.

OH my GOD

Agreed. While I guess I seem to be one of the few who could look past Jar Jar, Jake Lloyd, and some bad love direction in Episode II to love the other 2 in the prequel trilogy, I have to say Episode III was amazing. I think the only points where it was not top notch was again... Lucas' crappy love direction and the fact that Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen have no chemistry. But there were only two or three short clips of that nonsense in the movie, so the rest was absolutely fantastic. Much better than what I had expected.

Oh, and I am going to change the title of the thread to make more sense. ^^;;

Offline eminent

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Sexy Commando
    • ozbb
Re: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 05:32:21 PM »
Heh, ok.

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005, 10:21:02 AM »
Personally I liked the movie. The fight scenes were just amazing. For example the fight between Obi-wan and Anakin was mesmerizing. Watching two people who treated each other like family go one-on-one. Utterly fantastic.

One of the major things I did not like about this movie was the horrible dialogue (which George Lucas is notorious for). For example the dialogue in the scenes between Anakin and Padme were horrible. The scenes themselves were shot right but the dialogue leaves something to be desired.

Now for the hardcore Star Wars fans (like me), there are a couple problems with the saga. There are a couple inconsistencies concerning the movie. For example, if you remember back during Return of the Jedi when Leia said something about her mother making it sound like Padme died like a year after Leia and Luke were were born. Well how can Leia have these images when Padme died at childbirth and no minute later? Some may argue that the images Leia say when Padme held her for the only time or some may argue that it was the force but those reasons are really stretching it.

There are a couple more problems but I will stop right here.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 10:29:39 AM by Sanosuke101 »

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 01:09:31 PM »
One of the major things I did not like about this movie was the horrible dialog (which George Lucas is notorious for). For example the dialog in the scenes between Anakin and Padme were horrible. The scenes themselves were shot right but the dialog leaves something to be desired.

Indeed, but what was great was this time around, they were uber crappy, but incredibly short. By the time you roll your eyes twice, the scene is over. Episode II's crappy love dialog was not AS bad, but you were subject to longer scenes... basically Hayden and Natalie just should have... tried to get along better or something. They really needed an OUNCE of chemistry.

Was there any other dialog you disapproved of? Because I sure don't remember any...

Now for the hardcore Star Wars fans (like me), there are a couple problems with the saga. There are a couple inconsistencies concerning the movie. For example, if you remember back during Return of the Jedi when Leia said something about her mother making it sound like Padme died like a year after Leia and Luke were were born. Well how can Leia have these images when Padme died at childbirth and no minute later? Some may argue that the images Leia say when Padme held her for the only time or some may argue that it was the force but those reasons are really stretching it.

There are a couple more problems but I will stop right here.

Its been a while since I watched ROTJ... and while I remember her saying that, did she mention it being her "real" mother? Because otherwise it could be Bail Organa's wife dying within the next year... I do think you are correct however... but it had to be done. To sacrifice a little inconsistency, you get a whole slew of interesting ideas. Like the fact that his hatred "killed" her (even though Sidious was just lying to him to help him switch over further to the dark side)... I think it was plenty necessary.

What others did you notice? Because overall I think they did a pretty good job of making it consistent. Right down to Obi-Wan "serving" under Bail Organa... which he did... for a very short period of time at the very end of the Clone Wars. ^^;; The only other one I noticed (at least the first time through, I need to go see it a few more times) was how Obi-Wan mentions "owning" R2-D2 in ANH... but he never really does. If anything, he talks to R2 less than any of the other main characters. And the end of ROTS is the last time they do see each other until ANH...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 01:11:26 PM by Judau »

Offline eminent

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Sexy Commando
    • ozbb
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 03:07:58 PM »
I thought he said something like "I haven't seen this droid in a long time"?

I'm probably wrong, but whatever. Next weekend I'm going to marathon all the films, hee :]

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2005, 12:35:52 AM »
I thought he said something like "I haven't seen this droid in a long time"?

I'm probably wrong, but whatever. Next weekend I'm going to marathon all the films, hee :]

Nope, its more like:

Luke: He says he's the property of an "Obi-Wan Kenobi".

Ben: Obi-Wan Kenobi... I have not heard that name... well since before you were born.

Luke: My uncle said he is probably dead.

Ben: Oh no, he's not dead... not yet at least.

Luke: Oh, so you know him?

Ben: Of course I do, he's me.

Luke: Oh, so I guess the droid does belong to you.

Ben: I do seem to remember owning a droid... now lets see what you are carrying my little friend...

Luke: I found a piece of a message, but I could not-

Ben: I seem to have found it.

It was something along those lines...

Offline Yukio

• Addict
  • Do we dare fight against fate? Or do we live on?
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2005, 05:18:02 PM »
You nearly got the dialogue right. Except Ben said that he did "not" remember owning a droid. Since R2-D2 did not belong to him but to Padme.
I was able to watch this movie the day it premiered and I have to say that it was the best out of the newer trilogy.

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2005, 01:41:57 PM »
Well Obi-wan said he did not remember owning a droid. THats right. But in a sense he was saying he did not remember the droid at all considering all the time he spent around R2. Obi-wan should've been able to remember a droid like Artoo considering Artoo probably saved his ass several times.

And about Leia probably talking about Bail Organa's wife. THat can't be considering Luke specifically asked Leia "Do you remember you mother, your REAL mother?" So Leia was definately not talking about her adoptive mother.

There was some more dialogue problems that I didn't like but they didn't stand out as much so I don't remember. I was sucked in by the CG animation.

Oh they left out quite a lot. If you read the book then watch the movie you can definately tell a lot was missing. Like at the very opening scene, when Anakin and Obi-wan were in the ships going to take back Palpatine, there were several scenes before including the actual capture of Palpatine. But you might be able to see these scenes on the DVD release in deleted scens. I am not too sure on that tho.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2005, 02:06:09 PM »
Oh they left out quite a lot. If you read the book then watch the movie you can definitely tell a lot was missing. Like at the very opening scene, when Anakin and Obi-wan were in the ships going to take back Palpatine, there were several scenes before including the actual capture of Palpatine. But you might be able to see these scenes on the DVD release in deleted scenes. I am not too sure on that tho.

While they may have actually filmed it, I don't take the books rendered from the movies to be the end all be all. The movies are. The book technically does not come first, nothing comes before the movies when it comes to Star Wars. Every book, comic, and game are just third party licenses... so just watching the movie, they did not "leave out" anything, the book just has a little extra that they apparently felt the movie did not need in the first place. As the beginning text mentions Palpatine's capture, it would have been redundant.

And quite frankly, I doubt that scene would have been very interesting in the first place. ^^;;

And that Obi-Wan line... I must have just been hearing Sir Alec Guinness wrong all this time... here is the exact line:

BEN: Don't seem to remember ever owning a droid. Very interesting...

I guess I just always hear it as "Do seem to remember owning a droid. Very interesting..."

^^;; Whoops. He should still remember R2 though. Guess it was just a ploy from R2 to get in contact with him.

Offline Jammer

• Slightly Buzzed
  • _crappy overly long series_ HAHA
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2005, 04:35:48 PM »
Meh. I was really disapointed with it. Although, it was better than Episode 1 and 2 combined.
As the universe expands, I contemplate whether it was God or the Big Bang that made man...

Offline Yukio

• Addict
  • Do we dare fight against fate? Or do we live on?
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2005, 10:01:12 PM »
Well do you really expect him to remember a droid that he hasn't seen for over a decade. Also the first trilogy came out before Lucas ever thought about creating Episodes 1-3 so there are a few things that don't exactly match up. Anyways the reasons Lucas has many things that are not in the movies and are in the books is so he can have others fill them in to bring in the money.

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2005, 07:39:10 AM »
See but we all know that the 4-6 came out before 1-3. We aren't dumb ya know. Normally when a person goes back and creates prequels to a saga/series that is already out, they normally would go back, rewatch and check for everything in the movie and make sure that the prequels tie in very smoothly to the originals. Even all the small things.

Like I said before tho my comments are mainly coming from the hardcore side of me. If I was to look at it from the non-hardcore side I would say George Lucas did a sweet job tying 'Sith' in with 'Hope'.

Oh and I believe that the books after 'Jedi' are the end all cause of course they talk about what happened after. Of course there are some inconsistencies in those books too but you can never find the perfect movie/book anyway. Its a fool's hope to hope for one.