Author Topic: The XBox360  (Read 4040 times)

Offline Youko Kenshin

• Infamous Bishounen Hunter
  • Budding Addict
    • MySpace Profile
Re: The XBox360
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2005, 03:46:28 PM »
It's all overrated. All these new-fangled systems get more stuff added on to them every year. They should just stick to what a GAMING console does, which plays GAMES.

I think that the only reason Sony and Microsoft are even adding these things is to sell Nintendo out, while Nintendo is doing the right thing by only making consoles that play games. Nintendo makes the good games, Sony and Microsoft rely on third-party game makers.

Online gaming should stick to computers.

And that's the Youko rant for today. 

Waya475

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2005, 03:54:22 PM »
And those third party companies you seem to hold so much disdain for actually put out kick ass games.  Capcom, Namco, and Square-Enix just to name a few.  Nintendo is kicking itself in the pants by not adjusting to the change of the times.  I'm not saying I am happy seeing Nintendo falter.  Quite the contrary.  However, they are not being realistic and need to face facts.

Offline clash

• Addict
  • You got beef?!
    • My Pulitzer Prize winning blog
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2005, 07:47:34 AM »
It's all overrated. All these new-fangled systems get more stuff added on to them every year. They should just stick to what a GAMING console does, which plays GAMES.

I think that the only reason Sony and Microsoft are even adding these things is to sell Nintendo out, while Nintendo is doing the right thing by only making consoles that play games. Nintendo makes the good games, Sony and Microsoft rely on third-party game makers.

Online gaming should stick to computers.

And that's the Youko rant for today. 

first of all, it's obvious that the primary focus of each console is games. however, how is it a bad thing when they add other capabilities to the consoles? i love the fact that i don't have to buy a DVD player in order to watch them, since i can just do it on my PS2. and in this next generation, both Sony and Microsoft are adding detachable hard drives to their console, both of will be portable and can double as MP3 players. that means i won't have to buy an MP3 player.

as for selling Nintendo out, why on earth would they try to do that? both Microsoft and especially Sony know that Nintendo isn't even real competition for either of them, so why would they put out new consoles just for that purpose? besides, by the time the PS3 comes out, it will have been about 6 years since the PS2 came out, which is completely logical for a new console release. for Microsoft, it will have been 3 years, a little short, but they're releasing their system to compete with Sony, not Nintendo. no ones competing with Nintendo in home consoles anymore, and Nintendo isn't competing with anyone either.

"Nintendo makes the good games, Sony and Microsoft rely on third-party game makers."

so, let me get this straight: Sony and Microsoft don't make any good games? and how is relying on third-party games a bad thing, considering probably 80% of the games on a console are third-party? that's the reason Nintendo came in last place in this console war: the lack of third-party support.

online gaming: why do you think so many people subscribe to Xbox Live? online gaming is the direction where console games are going nowadays; even Nintendo is jumping on the bandwagon with their new console. and no, online gaming should not stick to computers, because online gaming kicks ass. it doesn't matter if you don't like it, no one's forcing you to play any console games online, and it's definitely not a bad thing that it exists.

next time, don't say crap like that which is obviously false *cough* Nintendo fangirl *cough*
« Last Edit: June 11, 2005, 07:48:04 AM by clash »

2PAC IS STILL ALIVE!!1124213132!!! FOTOGRAFIC PRUF!!LOL!2 http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=FOOL_STREET_21

Offline fightingmelee

• HHHHHIIIII
  • Addict
  • SAVE THE UNI--uuhh I mean-SAVE THE FORUM
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2005, 12:48:28 PM »
ok here are a number of things.
1. when will they come out and
2.what do they look like?

Offline iforgot120

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2005, 02:48:03 PM »
It comes out sometime in November, just in time for the Christmas rush ;). I think the exact date is November 19th, but I can't be sure.

It basically looks like a mini XBox, but white. I'll find a pic later, or if anyone else has a pic, they can put it up.

Offline clash

• Addict
  • You got beef?!
    • My Pulitzer Prize winning blog

2PAC IS STILL ALIVE!!1124213132!!! FOTOGRAFIC PRUF!!LOL!2 http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=FOOL_STREET_21

Waya475

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2005, 09:46:52 PM »
Amazingly, the Xbox360 has two RPG titles by Mistwalker that are very tempting to me....Inoue Takehiko and Toriyama Akira doing the art?  Yes please.