Author Topic: Chapter 7: Find a Place to Practice!  (Read 3517 times)

Offline Fighter Volk

• Clean
Chapter 7: Find a Place to Practice!
« on: May 06, 2005, 05:52:51 PM »
This chapter reminded me just how much I love Yuuto... and just how bad it is with its cliffhangers.  I really like the interaction between Yuuto and Agawa, and the phone conversation was particularly funny.  I can't wait to read more.  My biggest worry, however, is that Yuuto isn't doing too well in Weekly Jump, in terms of popularity... with Busou Renkin and Waqwaq done, it seems to be one of the closest manga to the back of the magazine.  I just hope that it can enjoy some kind of popularity surge and keep on going for a long time.

Offline Cgoten

• Hmm....
  • Addict
  • Hmm....
    • Yanime
Re: Chapter 7: Find a Place to Practice!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 09:21:07 AM »
I really doubt Yuuto will be cancelled ever. Busou Renkin always sucked but it stayed around forever because it was by a popular author, heh.

As for chapter 7, I liked that phone scene too. =p Looks like things'll start getting more interesting soon, now that they've actually found a place to skate.

Offline Fighter Volk

• Clean
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 06:03:38 PM »
That's true.  Busou Renkin did last 9 to 10 volumes... although I've warmed up to it now, around the middle of Volume 3.  I really like Nobuhiro Watsuki, actually.  Gun Blaze West was awesome, in my opinion, and Busou Renkin seems to only get better as I read it.  You get the feeling reading his manga that he's doing what he wants to do, and not what Shueisha or any of his fans expect of him, and I like that.  But back on topic - I do hope that Hotta Yumi's fame will grant Yuuto a long run (even though it's the bottom-most manga in Issue 24 o_O).

And as for getting more interesting - that's very true.  Especially with a certain three characters appearing next chapter =p  Although I must admit that Yuuto makes *infinitely* more sense when I can understand the dialogue and not just try to follow along with the action.  ^^
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 06:04:46 PM by Fighter Volk »

Offline Kalis

• Clean
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 11:05:13 PM »
Definitely looking good :)
It's been moving pretty slowly at first, but getting more and more interesting!

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 07:46:44 AM »
Its decent. I can't wait to see more actual races.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.