Author Topic: ****SPOILER**** Ichigo 155 RAW Disscussion  (Read 11897 times)

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
Re: ****SPOILER**** Ichigo 155 RAW Disscussion
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2005, 05:02:53 PM »
That would be a nice little meeting between the two.  It would help Junpei and Tsukasa's relationship.  Also Aya wouldn't seem like an "outcast" or a bad guy.

What would Tsukasa do if Junpei had to work in the film industry? with hot actresses?

G-thugin it up.

Offline Ferret mage

• Slightly Buzzed
  • I'm all your nightmares, rolled into one!!
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2005, 05:36:01 PM »
Granted Manaka's journey through the manga is what is good but usually the ending is the best part.

If you have a bad ending then it detracts from the whole experience. Besides I'm just speaking out of concern for what may happen to Nishino and Manaka's relationship.

I just really really really want Manaka to end up Nishino for good, not just have her dump him because he wants to work with Toujo.

But then again you could be correct, Nishino really trusts Manaka so she may keep the relationship while he makes films with Toujo.

I guess we'll find out in future chapters.

And now was acknowledged the presence of the Red Death. He had come like a theif in the night, and one by one dropped the revellers in the blood bedewed halls of their revel. And the life of the ebony clock went out with the last of the gay. And the flames of the tripods expired.
And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion over all...

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2005, 05:47:29 PM »
But then again you could be correct, Nishino really trusts Manaka so she may keep the relationship while he makes films with Toujo.

I guess we'll find out in future chapters.

No we think that she still has her issues with trusting him around Aya.  She can't change over night.  What was said is a possible scenario that could play out.

G-thugin it up.

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2005, 05:55:53 PM »
Whether something is good or bad is entirely subjective. For me, the ending doesn't really matter as much as the plausibility of how it happened. If you notice, good stories are seldom about the ending but the journey (Lord of the Rings, anyone?). Thus, for me, Tsukasa suddenly changing overnight is not such a good thing because it's not really plausible unless Kawashita has decided to end it in the next few chapters. I don't know how Kawashita writes her stories but as a writer, you usually start at the end then work your way towards that ending. Ichigo has certainly been a roller-coaster and I've often wondered if Kawashita is just making it up as she goes along.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 05:57:19 PM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline Ferret mage

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2005, 07:32:56 PM »
Not necessarily, I read Lord of the Flies which had a great story but the ending absolutely sucked and that detracted from the overall conclusion of the story.

Where as 1984 had a great ending and had a more lasting effect in my mind. I'm just saying that if Manaka ended up with Nishino is would be a better ending to me.

I just quoting from what I would want to happen.

I've read some many of these romance manga's that it's great when I read something out of the norm. Ichigo is a good manga for the fact that the characters are memorable and the events that surround them are so addictive to watch.

Nishino and Manaka would be great because most people would assume that Manaka would end with Aya, so if he didn't then that would separate this manga from the countless others in that he doesn't end up with the girl that everyone assumed he would end up with.

But I'd liked to thank all of you for offering your opinions, it got me to start thinking in a different direction with the whole Toujo/Manaka.
And now was acknowledged the presence of the Red Death. He had come like a theif in the night, and one by one dropped the revellers in the blood bedewed halls of their revel. And the life of the ebony clock went out with the last of the gay. And the flames of the tripods expired.

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2005, 08:48:09 PM »
Nishino and Manaka would be great because most people would assume that Manaka would end with Aya, so if he didn't then that would separate this manga from the countless others in that he doesn't end up with the girl that everyone assumed he would end up with.

I agree but if the story is done correctly then I don't see how predictability would be a problem.  The vast majority of animes really have disappointing endings.  When it comes to romance mangas/animes I'm kind of new.  Though in other animes there have been situations where the predictable pairings haven't come true and its been not good.  Though there are differences between romance and action series and what not. 

I really wouldn't mind who he ends up with.  Actually I think Manaka not getting any of the girls would be a more "earth shattering ending".  I want that to happen actually. XD

G-thugin it up.

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2005, 09:02:58 PM »

Well, I'm new to this manga genre so I really didn't know the 'rules' (e.g. hero ends up with the first girl he sees, etc.) so I'm basing my views on what feels natural. Again, this is subjective and is based on my own experiences. The thing is, most youngsters (people younger than 24) respond to direct action. However, as you grow older, have more experience, you become more sensitive as a person (well, I did and believe you me, I was a denser idiot than Manaka when I was younger) and respond to and appreciate subtlety. Junpei is clearly of the former than the latter. However, his time with Tsukasa, if he spends it wisely, should open his eyes to more subtler forms of action. Such is how a person matures and that is where our restrospect (looking back at our past actions and their consequence) falls into place.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 09:06:46 PM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2005, 09:16:39 PM »
Then again the Harem style of romance mangas have its fatal flaws.  Which is the attachment to a character rather than the story that is being presented.  We get caught in {b]So and so should win[/b].  If you look at other series like "Love Hina" I liked Naru alot but towards the end I liked a few other characters.  So that is one of the problems with Harem style is the multiple characters throw off the whole purpose that is there. XD

Ichigo is no exception, but there is a difference between Ichigo and the rest.  The main character he took to long to make up his mind and that has added the fans agony.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 09:26:27 PM by Grahf »

G-thugin it up.

Offline JackalWackal

• Clean
  • The One and Only
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2005, 12:29:21 AM »
Then again the Harem style of romance mangas have its fatal flaws.  Which is the attachment to a character rather than the story that is being presented.  We get caught in {b]So and so should win[/b].  If you look at other series like "Love Hina" I liked Naru alot but towards the end I liked a few other characters.  So that is one of the problems with Harem style is the multiple characters throw off the whole purpose that is there. XD

Ichigo is no exception, but there is a difference between Ichigo and the rest.  The main character he took to long to make up his mind and that has added the fans agony.

I agree with that. He is taking too long; however, considering how long this manga is, you'd think there would be more character development, when compared to shorter mangas of the smae kind.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 12:30:07 AM by JackalWackal »

Offline lvmhung

• Clean
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2005, 03:52:16 AM »
it isnt related to the topic but can anyone post ch155 translated script? ^^

Offline da MiGHTy pLUm!

• Slightly Buzzed
  • I like t'ings...
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2005, 10:38:47 AM »
scripts are not to be posted, even if they're done by people other than YAnime staff members.  Summaries are fine though, provided spoiler warnings are in the topic.
Have Fun Doing What You're Doing.

Offline Ferret mage

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2005, 01:44:53 PM »
Interest points all of you, another problem with Harem manga is that everyone develops their own favorite character and then wants the main character to fall in love with that character.

I still like Satsuki and wouldn't be sad if Manaka ended up with her, but the likelyhood of this happening is slim to none. So while reading the events that would happen between Manaka and her I would grow distraught when he didn't return her feelings.

Same thing with Tsukasa, I would be really angry if he denied her feelings after all that happened, or worse yet if she decided that they shouldn't be together.

I don't have any problem with Toujo, I just don't like her as much as the other character because to me she just doesn't have enough personality. The author to me just didn't spend enough time developing her character.

Sigh...I need to get a life...

Offline T-Aya227

• Slightly Buzzed
  • It's ART you fools! Art!!
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2005, 01:43:50 PM »
This might be a little of topic... :-\
I'll have to disagree with Ferret Mage about one thing. After reading through many different threads, I notice that quite a few say that Toujo is not developed enough as a character. I believe that she is perfectly developed. The lack of some more "characterizing" actions only leads to a more in depth look into her. I believe that Mizuki-san meant for Aya to be a naive girl who has just entered into a new world in a way. The fact that she does not do many major things contributes to her character because she dosen't know what to do really. I remember, in Chapter 121 I think, when Kozue is told by her friend (forgot her name) to sit by Manaka and that she won't be noticed until she does something. Aya happens to hear this and takes the advice because she does not know what else to do with the relationship between her and Manaka. It is this lack of action that contributes to her naive and innosent character. Then again, I support Aya (though Tsukasa, Kozue and Satsuki are perfectly fine) so this opinion may be a bit biased. Plus, I draw a few of my own oneshots for my friends (which is hard as hell compared to portrait drawing) at school so I probably look at things differently from others. Call me strange or whatever, but I stand by my opinion. ;D
Copy and Pasted....<.<

What are YOU looking AT?!

Offline Ferret mage

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2005, 05:51:00 PM »
Don't get me wrong, Aya is a great character. It's just that I am lacking the emotional attachment to her that I have for the other characters simply because to me she lacked some personality.

It's easier for other people to like her character and emotions because their inclined too, for me it's harder because I like characters with a good personality.

Like Tsukasa or Satsuki, simply because they don't hold back when it comes to their emotions.

Where as characters like Toujo or Kozue lack in the ability to speak their emotions out loud.

But I also get kinda ticked at Manaka for being like this.

I'm just stating my own personal opinion. I like Aya, I just like Tsukasa better.

Offline armortec700

• Clean
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2005, 08:15:57 PM »
just wondering where can i find the raw version of chapter 155?