Author Topic: ****SPOILER**** Ichigo 155 RAW Disscussion  (Read 11922 times)

Offline skygrasper

• Clean
****SPOILER**** Ichigo 155 RAW Disscussion
« on: May 04, 2005, 08:11:14 AM »
I see no one has started this thread for chapter 155.

Anyway here's the short summary.
Not much happening in this chapter.

We see Komimura studying for the university examination. Manaka was a little surprised since he thought Komimura will be working after graduating. Komimura replied that university environment is the best place to get a girlfriend. This is kinda due to the love match game during the festival where he and Chinami got a different number (i think he believes they are not fated?).
Manaka then tried to study but after the third period he kind of gave up and went off to get some fresh air. Satsuki then appeared and they had a little chat. Satsuki mentioned that she accidently saw the incident when Manaka rejected Aya's confession and that she realises how serious Manaka is regarding his relationship with Nishino. She's impressed that Manaka was able to reject Aya and was a bit jealous of Nishino. Then they discussed about what they are going to do in the near future after graduation.

The scene then cuts to Kozue at the extra classes. Kozue's friend (forgot her name) then told her that he already has a girlfriend so she shouldn't behave as though he doesn't have one. Kozue was then deep in thought about Manaka, about how she doesn't have any right to complaint about who he likes. Migishima enters and Kozue was in panic mode. Another male student commented that Kozue is still not used to being sitted next to Migishima. Kozue thought about Manaka having a girlfriend again and began crying. Migishima noticed her crying and ask whether she's crying cause she's afraid of him. The same student said that Migishima is bad at consoling someone. Migishima then assumes that Kozue is crying cause she's been dumped by another guy. He got a little angry and asked her who was the culprit who dumped her so he can give him a good beating. Kozue told him to forget about it. Migishima said that he comes from an all male school (in both middle school and high school) so he doesn't really understand how to deal with women. Kozue thinks that Migishima is similar to her but finds it wierd that someone of his build has problems with women. Also, she finds herself feeling more relaxed around him now.
(I think she's beginning to like him)

On Aya's side, she received a letter and it seems that she had won an award for the written competition. At the same time, someguy from an image competition (not sure) came looking for the director of the film the film club had made.
The end quote says: "The dream has begun"
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 09:57:45 PM by skygrasper »

Offline Ferret mage

• Slightly Buzzed
  • I'm all your nightmares, rolled into one!!
Re: ****SPOILER**** Ichigo 155 RAW Disscussion
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 02:55:26 PM »
Well people it looks like Ichigo is slowly beginning to wind down people and looks as if Nishino is the winner.

I am actually pleased with this outcome for the simple fact that most people assumed that Manaka would end up with Toujo.

But it became evident overtime that Nishino had a very strong chance of becoming the idol of Manaka's heart.

Every chapter in the later volumes seemed devoted to encounters between Nishino and him.

These later chapters are probably going to be the last of Ichigo 100%

If it doesn't end this volume then it's probably got on good volume left. Sigh...

It's sad to see a good manga end.
And now was acknowledged the presence of the Red Death. He had come like a theif in the night, and one by one dropped the revellers in the blood bedewed halls of their revel. And the life of the ebony clock went out with the last of the gay. And the flames of the tripods expired.
And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion over all...

Offline T-Aya227

• Slightly Buzzed
  • It's ART you fools! Art!!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 03:03:02 PM »
I agree. I have always been sad every time a good manga ends...*waaaaaaaaaaaahhhh...sniff*
I'm for Toujo...so the ending might be even sadder for me... :'(
However, it's not that I'm against Nishino, but its was just so sad to see Toujo get rejected...*sniff*... I don't care...*sniff*...call my a crybaby...*sniff* :'(
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 03:05:02 PM by T-Aya227 »
Copy and Pasted....<.<

What are YOU looking AT?!

Offline FinalShowdown

• Clean
    • Pic page
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 03:42:37 PM »
I really hope kozue doesnt end up with that migishima guy in the end. It just seems a really shitty way to give her character "closure". The girl thats scared of guys in the end, ends up likeing the "scary" guy... PLZ NO. her character deserves better lol. =[\

Then again that character always has been sorta ya know, kinda obvious that there was probably something gonna happen, but ill still hope for the worst lol.

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 03:44:12 PM »
The title of this chapter was kind od strange:

mirai toiu na no raihousha
 the future said name/reputation of visitor
 "the visitor's name that foretold the future"
 "the visitor's arrival that heralds the future"

Is this even correct?  Then the chapter ends with

ugokidashita, yume
 has started, dream. . .
 "the dream has begun. . ."

Why do I get the feeling that this is the calm before the storm? And why does the strange man slightly resemble an older Junpei? Whose dream is Kawashita refering to? Aya's dream is to write stories and make movies with Manaka. Is this the start of what will be their future collaborations or does this mean that their paths will now diverge- with each one pursuing their own dreams? With Aya's award, I think (rather, I hope) it will be the latter. Plus, the way she was looking at the notebook that contained her novel looked kind of ominous.

I can't help but think about Kozue's suggestion about the reunion (in Aya's script). As the name implies, a reunion is set sometime in the future and with this chapter's title and ending phrase, I wonder if the manga's ending is set well into the character's futures when they've matured a lot more.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 03:51:47 PM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 05:03:47 PM »
Yeah the calm for the storm is the best description.  If Jumpei wants to go on with his dream which is to direct movies, how will he do it?  He is nothing without Aya's scripts and support. 

As I've said before in another thread he has taken Aya for granted throughout the whole manga.  People that believe that he is going with Nishino don't be surprised if things flip.  He has still yet to realize how important Aya is to his dream and to him.  He told himself after he rejected Aya that in the past he would have ran to Aya if she was crying (lie).  The thing with Junpei is that he has always been about Nishino.  Rightly so that she has had done the best job at trying to get him.  But I look at her role in this story as a way to mature Junpei so that he could be able to take the lead with Aya.

Though I'm not saying that he will turn coat and go with Aya.  lol XD  Just be ready is all I'm saying.  I know I am, cuz that is how I would have the story play out.  :p

G-thugin it up.

Offline cpmy

• Clean
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 06:27:40 PM »
i have a feeling that right now the author/artist of this manga is getting a lot of hate mail from the aya fans

Offline Ferret mage

• Slightly Buzzed
  • I'm all your nightmares, rolled into one!!
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2005, 07:04:04 PM »
As much as I like Aya I would several angry if Manaka suddenly dumped Nishino in favor of Toujo.

Manaka used to think that dreams were what match people up but he changes his mind after it came to Higure and Nishino.

They both have the same dream of making pastires and yet Nishino loves Manaka.

I think that Manka truly loves Nishino and it hurts him that he has to reject Toujo but it's something he has to do in the end.

From what I could tell from the ending is that Toujo is going to go some place where she can write. Manaka will be sad but still be happy that she is following her dreams.

Besides he would be a real jerk to just break Nishino's heart...again...

What kind of guy would he be if he just suddenly changed his mind like that, telling a girl he loves and then saying "Oh sorry, my bad. I love someone else."

This would seriously hurt his image to the reader and would make him look bad to all the other characters.

It would be a very bad plot development to something like that.

It's had end I'm sorry to say, by the end of the volume we will all be sure of who he has picked...for good.
And now was acknowledged the presence of the Red Death. He had come like a theif in the night, and one by one dropped the revellers in the blood bedewed halls of their revel. And the life of the ebony clock went out with the last of the gay. And the flames of the tripods expired.
And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion over all...

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 07:23:05 PM »
From what I could tell from the ending is that Toujo is going to go some place where she can write. Manaka will be sad but still be happy that she is following her dreams.

Hmm? Where did you find that? All I read was that Aya won a prize for one of her literary peices. If you're refering to her choice of university, then yes, she has said before that she wants to go to a different university than Junpei so she can pursue her interests. Junpei was devastated when he heard this (CH135) and was probably tantamount to Aya dumping him (just as Tsukasa dumped Junpei, although that was more explicit).

For some reason, I still don't see Junpei's feelings for Tsukasa equal hers. She has put in a lot more into the relationship than he has. And still, you get the sense that Tsukasa is still driving the relationship. Although Junpei has made some monumental decisions regarding their relationship, there's still nothing tangiable (e.g. Junpei doing something nice for Tsukasa).

Now, if they Aya and Junpei are brought together again, how will Tsukasa feel? She has always been insecure about Aya (and Satsuki, for shame!) as evidenced in CH154.

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 07:42:06 PM »
Now, if they Aya and Junpei are brought together again, how will Tsukasa feel? She has always been insecure about Aya (and Satsuki, for shame!) as evidenced in CH154.

Well that is the reason I see another one of those decisions coming again.  It isn't because of Junpei its because of Tsukasa has always had the "I knew it" attitude. XD 

Now the way the chapter ended there is many ways that this series could go.  Ambi I remember you saying that you wouldn't mind a change as long as its written well.  There are a couple ways this could go and there is potential for it to be done well. XD

G-thugin it up.

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2005, 08:03:56 PM »
Well, the events of CH154 may have eased most of Tsukasa's worries but change doesn't happen overnight (if it does, then that's another strike against Kawashita's characterizations). If Junpei and Aya are brought together again for the sake of another collaboration (or any other reason), we may see Tsukasa's personality change back to being somewhat defensive. In fact, how she handles Tsukasa's personality at this point will be a good indication if Kawashita can pull a good turnaround. I'm wondering how all of this will this affect Junpei. Knowing Aya, she'll probably try to act as the peacemaker but I hope Kawashita keeps her out of it and let Junpei and Tsukasa resolve it themselves. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 08:09:45 PM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2005, 08:32:21 PM »
I think its about time Tsukasa has some interaction with the other females.  She is too standoffish and I don't know if thats a good thing.

G-thugin it up.

Offline skygrasper

• Clean
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2005, 08:37:00 PM »
Well, the events of CH154 may have eased most of Tsukasa's worries but change doesn't happen overnight (if it does, then that's another strike against Kawashita's characterizations). If Junpei and Aya are brought together again for the sake of another collaboration (or any other reason), we may see Tsukasa's personality change back to being somewhat defensive. In fact, how she handles Tsukasa's personality at this point will be a good indication if Kawashita can pull a good turnaround. I'm wondering how all of this will this affect Junpei. Knowing Aya, she'll probably try to act as the peacemaker but I hope Kawashita keeps her out of it and let Junpei and Tsukasa resolve it themselves. 

I have a strong feeling Kawashita is trying to bring Aya and Manaka together again. Especially with her quote at the end of the manga. About their dreams beginning to be fulfilled.

Offline lum

• Clean
  • Hxh Rules
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2005, 11:49:08 PM »
what's the award that aya recieved? how big a thing is it?
from what i read, it feels as though someone is going to hire manaka/aya into a company of some sort, ie. manaka will now have to choose between tsukasa, or his dream of a career in filming.

imo, this was a really good chapter, it was nice paced, and i just got a nice feeling out of it.

Offline JackalWackal

• Clean
  • The One and Only
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2005, 12:37:31 AM »
He better stay with her... or he has become the ultimate jackass. I prefer Toujo, but Nishino is a great choice... if he sticks with it. I just hope doesn't go along with the moment of huge emotion like he used to.

You know, I think, at the beginning, it seemsed like Toujo was going to win... but the turning point was when Manaka attempted to make the other boys go away, did NIshino decide to assertively pursue Manaka again. Her actions lead her to "win" Manaka.

Toujo and Manaka always seemed to get into weird "situations" as if fate pushed them together, more often than with Nishino. However, neither acts, so we are left with a standoff with who goes first.

I thought those were missed opportunities, though, to make either Manaka or Toujo grow, by making either, or both, of them more assertive.

NIshino is more like "take action, be assertive, not over bearing" kind of method. Always pushing Manaka, but always leaving the final choice to him. I think she wasn't characterized very well in the first couple of chapters; she seemed unpleasant. It was after she went off to the all girls school, and then attempted to get Manaka's heart again did her characterization really improve.

This, however, is more critiques of the author than actually of the characters; the manga author could have done a better job.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 12:44:06 AM by JackalWackal »

anything