Author Topic: A Little Sketch In Study Hall  (Read 3009 times)

Offline T-Aya227

• Slightly Buzzed
  • It's ART you fools! Art!!
A Little Sketch In Study Hall
« on: April 28, 2005, 01:06:14 PM »
This is a drawing i did in school. I'm new at posting fanart and such, so I'd appreciate any help. (note) This is not a freehand drawing.

Here is one of my random freehands.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/Otohime227/Freehand1.jpg
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 04:40:49 PM by T-Aya227 »
Copy and Pasted....<.<

What are YOU looking AT?!

Offline Spike Spiegel

• Addict
Re: A Little Sketch In Study Hall
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 07:46:17 PM »
Wow, that looks really good. ;)

Filippo Inzaghi is da man. Also, Italy is da man. AC Milan is also da man just as equally.

Offline PrinJess

• Cloud of Nightmares
  • Addict
  • Eh? Hrmm...
    • Ocean Healer
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 04:56:22 AM »
Aw...I'm jealous.  :'(  ;D

Swim upsteam, for the beginning starts there.

Offline T-Aya227

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 12:23:01 PM »
Thnx guys, but I'm just wondering. Can any of you think of any good poses. I mean, I'm working on another freehand, but the pose!
ARRRGH! :-X
The pose is the center of a picture in the anime world, so I hope that maybe someone can send a little sketch with a pose outlined.

Thanks!
Copy and Pasted....<.<

Offline Mitsukago

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Oro?
    • Save Sci-Fi
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 03:12:41 PM »
Very well drawn. 

I like your skill and style. 
If you are confident. perhaps you would like to check out my proposal?  I am looking for a few artists and I am paying for products.  Check it out on thread:
http://www.yanime.com/forums/index.php?topic=4013.0

As for a pose? I don't have a sketch but I can give you an idea maybe.

have the character sitting at a table with the POV slightly skewed to one side. have an item with strawberries on the table to one side of the view. Have one arm of the "subject" resting infront of the "strawberry item", have the other arm's elbow resting on the table while she uses it to hold a strawberry that she is biting into. Have the "subject" looking at the viewer with a wink. For fanservice, make her wear summer clothes that accent her chest and be sure to have her arms spread wide enough to show them off or close enough to push them together.

For extra sensuality, maybe she could be winking because the strawberry is juicy. Like the "subject" doesn't want to get squirted in the eye.

If you want something with a CHALLENGE, try this...

Picture a store window display.  You're invisible, inside the store looking out.  A girl is looking through the window to the "insert item here," inside the window and behind you. You can see the reflection of the "item" on the window in front of you and in front of the girl. Only a slight reflection though. Just enough to show the viewer what the girl is looking at in the window. 
For the pose, she should be bending forword toward the glass at the hips. She should be wearing a short enough skirt so that she can have her hands on her bare knees as she bends forward.  This is a candid view so she cannot be looking at the viewer but at the item behind the viewer.  Have her eyes pointed slightly up and to one side to look at the item.  As a candid shot, you also have an excellent opportunity show off her chest in a way that no girl would do respectably.  This adds innosence while keeping it sexy and alluring.

Advice, ...  Draw the reflection in great detail at the size you want the total picture. When done, draw the girl and her pose and whatever background you want at the same size.  Place them in photoshop, put the reflection image above the pose and background image so that it shows over it and reduce the oppacity. Add effects that make the glass look more realistic and color away.

Hope I was able to help in the least.  ^_^

Save Sci-Fi Science, Imagination and innovation. Supporting Sci-Fi is our specialty.

Offline T-Aya227

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 03:18:28 PM »
Thanks for the ideas, I'll see if I can get that done any time soon. Check again sometime. AS for that offer, I've already read it, but the problem is that I don't use photoshop, and my friends usually use my originals for that. Maybe I'll talk to one of them for you.  ;)
Copy and Pasted....<.<

Offline Mitsukago

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Oro?
    • Save Sci-Fi
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2005, 03:37:33 PM »
Great! can't wait to see what you come up with next.  ^_^

Also, I am not only looking for finished photoshop projects.  if you can do some good sketches that I can edit in photoshop I am looking for that too. I will make it more clear in the thread, thanks for the heads up.

Save Sci-Fi Science, Imagination and innovation. Supporting Sci-Fi is our specialty.

Offline T-Aya227

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2005, 04:56:29 PM »
Call me a loser or whatever for finishing this reply on the same day I was given the challenge, but for the "Hard" suggestion you gave me, is this what you are looking for?
I couldn't include the hands and much of the skirt though... :-X

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/Otohime227/Freehand2.jpg

Comments and more suggestions wanted. If people want to use this picture and photoshop it or whatsoever, fell free to do so along with any of the other pictures by me.

However, the only requirement is that you post those finished products in the thread you found them in or send them to me by email...heheh... ;)

I just want to see what can be done with my stuff...curious...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 05:33:39 PM by T-Aya227 »
Copy and Pasted....<.<

Offline Mitsukago

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Oro?
    • Save Sci-Fi
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2005, 06:54:35 PM »
beautiful!  You hit the pose almost on the button. Only difference is that she still looks like she is looking at me and not the item in the window.  As for the window display.  I was thinking more along the lines of a depato window.  Something big and looking more down on the "subject" on the other side. However, I didn't say anything about that in my suggestion so you fricken nailed it!  and in less than what? 2 hours?  Holy SCHMIDT!

well, you have skillz.  Are you SURE you don't want to do a sketch for me? I would love you to try? I am paying after all. If you want to give it a shot, let me know and I will send you what I want in the sketch(s) and how much I will pay you. 

Other than that, I will think of some more suggestions and post them in a bit.  ^_^

Offline T-Aya227

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2005, 07:27:40 PM »
Sent a mail to ya, hope you got it.  :)
Copy and Pasted....<.<

Offline Spike Spiegel

• Addict
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2005, 07:34:12 PM »
The second picture looks really great, too.

Filippo Inzaghi is da man. Also, Italy is da man. AC Milan is also da man just as equally.

Offline Mitsukago

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Oro?
    • Save Sci-Fi
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2005, 09:02:13 PM »
Ok, here is another couple suggestions for you, but I really hope you are putting some time and effort into the project I sent you.  ^_^

Here is a tough one for you, but funny if you can do it...

Picture yourself on a train that is not too packed but enough so that you and the girl "Subject" are standing.  The train stops and she slips dropping her "bag/purse/insert items here" and falling forward in front of you.  She reaches forward as she lands on her knees and where to you think her hand lands? Hmmm. ooops might come to her mind as she looks up to you and realizes her hand is embarrassingly close to your crotch.

The POV would be the person holding the hanging rail. He held on while the "subject" fell.  Her hand is on "his" crotch and she is quite embarrassed that she landed there; you can see it in her expression.  In order to make sure the viewer of the picture understands that she fell, make sure to have "the bag/purse/items" strewn on the ground near her. This makes it so you can easily tell that she fell.  Otherwise it will look like a naughty picture that you should save for the hentai websites.

The real toughie!

Your "subject" is walking home after the rain during the day.  The rain has stopped and the sun has come out.  Well, because of the rain, when she passes by a playground, there's no one around. There is a swing set at this park and it has been a while since she has been on a swing. Even though she is wearing that skirt she thinks, there is no one around why not? She wipes of the swing and goes back to her childhood for a moment.

The POV is looking slightly down at her as she comes to the apex of a forward swing; of course her legs being up with the swing make it a bit difficult to see under her skirt but you might just get a slight glimpse. This will be difficult because you have to take many things into account.  First, gravity. At the apex of a swing gravity is momentarily zero, but there is also the wind that blew the clouds away, and the wind from the forward motion that JUST stopped.  So her hair will be catching up to her body.  Plus, any respectable, pure, girl will always put her skirt under her bottom before she sits, no matter who is or is not there.  So she will be sitting on her skirt, but the top part is free to fly up with the wind and settle back down slowly once she hits the apex.  You can get playful with that part.  Make SURE to add the umbrella and a little wetness to the area somewhere in sight. Why the wetness? Well, let’s add the sun to the picture some what behind her, and because of the wetness you are going to get some refraction of light. Maybe you could see some light rays? This always adds depth to a picture and makes it more alive.  Put a handkerchief in her hand to show that, though she is being a kid again, she is adult enough to wipe off the seat before she sits in, though too excited about her play to care that she is still holding it.

Hope you like my suggestions.  I will give you some more later, if you like. 

Offline T-Aya227

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2005, 08:11:51 AM »
This is going to be difficult... I'll see... It'll be posted at my other thread when I'm done

http://www.yanime.com/forums/index.php?topic=4025.0
Copy and Pasted....<.<

Offline aznrocker5

• Clean
  • Christine *the one AND only*
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2005, 05:08:36 PM »
awesome picture. i love her.

Offline sLaVeGiRl911

• The aBoLiTiOnIsT
  • Addict
  • Dokomade mo dakishimete hoshii-Fujimoto Miki
    • xanga- sLaVeGiRl01
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2005, 05:43:50 PM »
Umm... thats kind of a late reply ^_^,''
I dont think you need to comment abou thtings ALL the way back in like April...
Maybe the more current ones would be best ^_-

-sLaVeGiRl911
Running out of anime siggies.....

WE FOOKING SUPPORT YOU Ai-BON!!!!We support you. dont give up... but give up smoking ^_- Gambate!
Tsuji... you better help to =_=
http://www.xanga.com/sLaVeGiRl01