Author Topic: ****SPOILER**** Ichigo 154 RAW Disscussion  (Read 10327 times)

Offline JackalWackal

• Clean
  • The One and Only
Re: ****SPOILER**** Ichigo 154 RAW Disscussion
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2005, 09:53:06 PM »
I don't think he's a BAD guy.

Quite the opposite. I think he's a GOOD guy.

And I don't hate him. I just don't like how he handles women.

But he's too GOOD.

And he's short sighted.

And indecisive.

He maybe nice (short-term) to everyone, but he isn't always kind (long-term) to every girl he's been with. He does nice things for girls, but without realizing that they may fall for him; he's creating trouble for himself. Had he been more focused, it would have JUST been Aya OR Tsukasa, but he gets himself in hot water (good and bad) with other girls, that he can't seem to get himself out. It takes the girl's OWN initiative (in Tsukasa's case, getting closest to Manaka as possible, and in Satsuki's case, officially and directly breaking any off any chance as a couple) to really break anything off. Granted, he indirectly blew off Satsuki, but if he had more been more of man, he could have directly blew her off (which I can understand). But if he had the guts, he would know that by blowing them off early, they will get hurt early, but it's much better than blowing the off later, and getting incredibly hurt (like Satsuki).

He treats all girls like they are close buddies; if he had more foresight, he could realize some of those girls may for him.

His indecisiveness causes the girls to raise their expectations; and when they are blown off, they are devastated. Had he had more foresight, he will outright reject them.

And how could he really was blown off by Aya or Tsukasa?  Those girls are also afraid of being blown off; Rather, in Aya's case, she declared her love, even if was too late, and Tsukasa has been being assertive to him. He had nothing to fear. Besides, how he could lose at this point; It's been obvious that Aya and Tsuakasa had feelings for Manaka; To doubt it, you have to be really, really, insecure. Which Manaka is, unfortunately.

Oh yeah, and his friends like him, but they don't like how he's handling the women; if it were up to them, them would have them all (Ookasa), OR choose ONE (Amachi).

But I don't blame Manaka for being who he is. I blame the author. He should have been better written.

And if he was not indecisive, it WOULD be a different manga. It would have ended about 50 chapters earlier. This manga should have ended long ago, in terms of story.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 12:26:09 AM by JackalWackal »

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2005, 12:12:08 AM »
well said Jackal.  Junpei deserves a bit of the medication he is dishing out.  I look at other Mangas like Pastel and I say to myself why can't Junpei be like that.

G-thugin it up.

Offline Sen

• Clean
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2005, 12:25:08 AM »
he's not a bad guy...just not manly enough i guess...well i think anyone would be indecisive if had to pick aya or tsukasa....btw, xiaoyu>asuka, lol^^

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2005, 12:29:13 AM »
No one is better than Asuka!  I love her Osakan accent, so sexy.  Xiaoyu speaks like you're avg kogal, she's cute but it's cliche.
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!

Offline JackalWackal

• Clean
  • The One and Only
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2005, 12:29:53 AM »
he's not a bad guy...just not manly enough i guess...well i think anyone would be indecisive if had to pick aya or tsukasa....btw, xiaoyu>asuka, lol^^

Xiayu>Asuka? What?

Well, it would be hard... but if he realized that he should hav been kind (and not just nice),  he would have chosen earlier.

I'm not saying he's a BAD guy. It's just that he has grown a lot, and remains the same.

Haven't you notice, that the girls in the manga get more curvy and the characterization expand and mature?

I don't see that with Manaka, at all.

(Note: To  be honest, I don't see that much with the rest of the male characters. Just a note).

Offline Sniperk

• Clean
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2005, 08:57:24 AM »
After read this story I got a feelling that the one who is indecisive is not Manaka, but the mangaka. I loved kawashita's work on Lilim Kiss, and really like Ichigo so far. Unlike many others I feel like I will become an orphan once this manga ends, even tought I know that someday will. For me Ichigo could be dragged a little more.  ;)

And even if Manaka and Nishino have done it, I doubt it that things will end like this that easily. There's still some points to be cleared before that and till then anothers factors may be add to the equation. 

Or not.  ;D
Whatever I sign here It won't make any diference anyway...

Offline JackalWackal

• Clean
  • The One and Only
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2005, 10:17:06 AM »
Well, Manaka was characterized to be indecisive. Let's not deny that.

But yeah, I do agree with you that the author is not be very decisive. The manga has dragged on way too long. There are things missing in the equation, but I hope the author solves, not make now ones.  :-\

Offline shikamaru

• Clean
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2005, 11:22:02 AM »
well, I think the same, manaka hasn't grown nothing, so has passed how many years?? 3 or more?? I'm not sure about this, but in 3~4 years any people has more mature, in love, in personality, anything change in our life's when more older as we is. I hope kawashita not along too much than this only for mangaka wishes, to make more $$$.
and I like tsukasa more now, but my favorite is Aya at all. I hope she will be happy in the final. Aya-chan! :)

Offline Raptor

• Clean
  • The MoonWalker
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2005, 11:49:35 AM »
Hey there. new here.   after finding this place i read the whole manga in a day :P  so i can make some comments about it.   starting with the indecicive Manaka.   yeah sure he's a nice guy, indecisive and somewhat inmature, but hey let's try to give him some slack.    I was trying to figure why he didn't chosed Aya, since everything in the manga pointed to that, however Aya's problem was to hide her very own feelings for so much.    Also when she set up the date with Kozue what can he think?   that she doesn't want anymore than a friendship.   anyone would think that.    This is at least how i see it what caused Manaka to go with Tsukasa, and at the end i don't entirely blame the guy.

Why?  Well Tsukasa was always with him, 'cause he let her be herself.    not only that but he's the one who let her found her dreams.  how?  by saying that she can't cook :P   quite strange but yeah.   He never tried to take advantage of her either, while everyone else was after her for her looks.   I won't deny that's a part of his attraction towards her, but that's not the only reason.    He saw something in her, she saw something in him beyond looks.    kindness maybe.   

He's inmature yeah.  But hey i'm a guy and I know how boys that age think.  i passed that and it's impressive how he pulled out.    all boys think with their...  hormones.   He thinks more with his heart.    He never took advantage of Satsuki when she literally trowed herself naked at him.    He didn't took advantage of his relationship with Kozue.  hell he could be a complete pimp.    But his kindness made him be only himself.   u all mention hey it's his fault for being son indecisive.   tell me was it an easy choice?    No, not at all.     By dragging it for so long he hurted them more yes, but it wasn't his fault either.     He always said that he was attracted to Satsuki.  but that he couldn't give her back her feelings.  he mentioned it a lot of times.   Like i sad with Aya, well she did things she souldn't have done.   Setting up a date with other girl is one of them.    Saying that it was an accident when they were hugging on the roof was other.    Yui...  i see her more as a little sister so far so i won't go there.   

So it's like that.   though i wonder what will happen when Tsukasa goes overseas.   At least their feelings are one now.    Poor Aya yes.   but it's not all his fault.   
working on it.

Offline JackalWackal

• Clean
  • The One and Only
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2005, 12:09:05 PM »
I never blamed Tsuakasa for anything.

In fact, I'm not surprised it was Tsukasa.

I'm going to explain, but I don't have the patience for it right now.  :P

But trust me, if it wasn't Tsukasa, it was going to be Aya. I don't think anyone can dispute that.

But we shall how this manga ends. I thnk that's going to be ultimate test of the author's ability to write.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 12:25:33 PM by JackalWackal »

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2005, 01:32:17 PM »
More specifically, if she pulls another hat trick, how she makes it plausible is the real test of her writting skill. Honestly, my biggest gripe with this manga is that everything seems to be half-baked- nothing really concrete except for the character's respective dreams.

Offline Raptor

• Clean
  • The MoonWalker
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2005, 01:43:55 PM »

But trust me, if it wasn't Tsukasa, it was going to be Aya. I don't think anyone can dispute that.

But we shall how this manga ends. I thnk that's going to be ultimate test of the author's ability to write.

Never said u did.    ;D

More specifically, if she pulls another hat trick, how she makes it plausible is the real test of her writting skill. Honestly, my biggest gripe with this manga is that everything seems to be half-baked- nothing really concrete except for the character's respective dreams.

Yeah well most long mangas are like that.   i don't think this one will end so soon.  i expect at least another 2 or 3 volumes.   at least.   i wouldn't be surprised if they keep it till college too.   
working on it.

Offline JackalWackal

• Clean
  • The One and Only
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2005, 01:53:04 PM »

Never said u did.    ;D

Yeah well most long mangas are like that.   i don't think this one will end so soon.  i expect at least another 2 or 3 volumes.   at least.   i wouldn't be surprised if they keep it till college too.   

I won't be surprised the author pulls another fast one; he chooses Aya!

Not that I'm advocating Aya at all. It's just that it has always been going back and forth between aya Tsukasa.

And it's annoying. I just hope he sticks with Tsukasa. That's it. No other choices. I'm sick of 90 degree half reversals the author does.

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2005, 02:18:42 PM »
Well, I'm a storyteller at heart and although I do have a favorite character, story is still king with me and that is the reason I don't like the current situation between Tsukasa and Junpei. Not that I am against Junpei being with Tsukasa (and vice-versa) but because it could have been told much better so that it pulls the fans together. Instead, all it has done so far is create more fragmentation among the readers. It is my opinion that a good storyteller can pull together differing viewpoints and make them cohesive and plausible to the reader such that there is a suspension of disbelief. This has not happened once in this entire manga.

As long as Kawashita demonstrates plausible writing, I have no problem with another switch (hell, even to an entirely different girl).

Offline JackalWackal

• Clean
  • The One and Only
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2005, 02:48:21 PM »
Well, I'm a storyteller at heart and although I do have a favorite character, story is still king with me and that is the reason I don't like the current situation between Tsukasa and Junpei. Not that I am against Junpei being with Tsukasa (and vice-versa) but because it could have been told much better so that it pulls the fans together. Instead, all it has done so far is create more fragmentation among the readers. It is my opinion that a good storyteller can pull together differing viewpoints and make them cohesive and plausible to the reader such that there is a suspension of disbelief. This has not happened once in this entire manga.

As long as Kawashita demonstrates plausible writing, I have no problem with another switch (hell, even to an entirely different girl).

Agreed. But I think she won't take any more risks; another change of Manaka, and I think I just might just watch reading.