Author Topic: ****SPOILER**** Ichigo 154 RAW Disscussion  (Read 10332 times)

Offline skygrasper

• Clean
Re: ****SPOILER**** Ichigo 154 RAW Disscussion
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2005, 11:06:51 AM »
Thanks a lot...I'm still pretty new at nihongo so I have ways to go before I understand fully.

Offline JackalWackal

• Clean
  • The One and Only
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2005, 01:35:09 PM »
I think something DID happen.

But the thing is, until the Manga ends, I really don't trust the author of this manga, considering how impulsive and indecisive Manaka is.

He's also easily swayed. I won't count out that Manaka could "do" something else.

The only reason why Tsukasa "seems" to be winning, is because she understand his nature his nature very well.

She's trying to be assertive, and pushing him, (something Aya has not done) but she isn't aggressive, and leaves the last action to Manaka, so he won't have to decisively accept or reject her (something that has happened to Satsuki).

But like I said, Manaka likes all of them, but he doesn't understand who he should choose.

You know what? He can choose any of them. Because, each girl has a quality that matches his in some way; as long as he attempts to work through the best and worst of times of each girl, it shouldn't be a problem.

But he doesn't choose because he can't see an obvious choice. There isn't one, and there will never be one. In the matters of love, it's not about thinking; it's about emotions and feelings. He seems to attempt to control himself when he shouldn't. He also doesn't want to let go the rest of the girls, but they can't wait for him.

My conclusion si that he is immature and indecisive. Aya, Satsuki, Tsukasa, and Kozue all make good candidates as girlfriends, but he deserves NONE of them, because he is indecisive, thinks when he should feel, and is too easily swayed.

Manaka seems more like woman, than a guy; if Manaka was a girl, (NOT AN INSULT TO GIRLS), I would understand, because they have to be careful. But Manaka is a guy. Manaka feels more like a Male version of Kozue.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 01:48:34 PM by JackalWackal »

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2005, 01:55:29 PM »
Well, Kozue's last name, Mukai, means 'facing' :D.

Offline JackalWackal

• Clean
  • The One and Only
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2005, 01:58:59 PM »
Well, Kozue's last name, Mukai, means 'facing' :D.

And...?

I don't understand your point.

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2005, 02:40:08 PM »
The charater's last names are taken after compass directions.

TOUjou (Aya)- East
NISHIno (Tsukasa)- West
KITAooji (Satsuki)- North
MINAMIto (Yui)- South

MaNAKA (Junpei) -Center

SOTOmura (Misuzu)- Outside
HASHImoto (Chinami) - End
MUKAI (Kozue) - Facing

So, Kozue is the only character 'facing' Junpei. That's why her character is so much like his.

Offline JackalWackal

• Clean
  • The One and Only
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2005, 02:44:50 PM »
The charater's last names are taken after compass directions.

TOUjou (Aya)- East
NISHIno (Tsukasa)- West
KITAooji (Satsuki)- North
MINAMIto (Yui)- South

MaNAKA (Junpei) -Center

SOTOmura (Misuzu)- Outside
HASHImoto (Chinami) - End
MUKAI (Kozue) - Facing

So, Kozue is the only character 'facing' Junpei. That's why her character is so much like his.

That's... so COOL!

I didn't know.

But since I've only seen only scatters of the latest raws, what does Misuzu and Chinami ahve anything to do with Manaka?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 02:48:20 PM by JackalWackal »

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2005, 04:33:13 PM »
Hmmm. I have a question- I noticed something on the last page of 154- the font used for the ending caption was the same font used on most (in not all) of Tsukasa's dialogues. I just realized that the font type is actually significant since they pretty much try to be consistent with the font type for each character (well, on the same page, at the very least) so, is this Nishino saying this or the author? I noticed that on the other chapters, the author would use a different font than the ones used for the characters.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 04:34:15 PM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline JackalWackal

• Clean
  • The One and Only
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2005, 05:17:21 PM »
Hmmm. I have a question- I noticed something on the last page of 154- the font used for the ending caption was the same font used on most (in not all) of Tsukasa's dialogues. I just realized that the font type is actually significant since they pretty much try to be consistent with the font type for each character (well, on the same page, at the very least) so, is this Nishino saying this or the author? I noticed that on the other chapters, the author would use a different font than the ones used for the characters.

I'm not sure.

But I really how Manaka feels about Chinami and Misuzu...

Offline Sen

• Clean
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2005, 05:46:13 PM »
The Last Frame's sentence"...they have become one" is said from the perspective of the author(omniscient narrator). So im 99% positive dat they did it. If manaka changes his mind about tsukasa, i'll fukin kill him, damn it he ruined my tsukasa ><

Offline Errorrrr

• Clean
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2005, 05:55:33 PM »
I am just wonderting if they used protection... blah... Glad to see Tsukasa got ****ed XD... Now... 1 down, 6 to go~~~ (Aya next) i bet Junpei is going to Aya's place next XD J/k lol... I hope the author just wrap it out now...

Offline JackalWackal

• Clean
  • The One and Only
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2005, 06:53:40 PM »
I don't like Manaka. Not because he chose Tsuakasa, but because he doesn't deserve her.

Tsukasa could have better, but she chose him.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 07:08:52 PM by JackalWackal »

Offline haichi

• Clean
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2005, 07:32:24 PM »
I don't like Manaka. Not because he chose Tsuakasa, but because he doesn't deserve her.

Tsukasa could have better, but she chose him.

The author is a woman after all... they do tend to believe that it is the highest love you can have for someone, that even sometimes they don't deserve you - but you still love them no matter what. This theme is all over the manga all the girls had better males they could have loved.

It just shows the love of a woman at its best.  Thus the choice.

I hope it ends here I'm tired of the Manaka male bashing
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 07:34:25 PM by haichi »

Offline JackalWackal

• Clean
  • The One and Only
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2005, 07:56:15 PM »
Oh it,s not the girls I dislike. It's Manaka. I'm sorry.

I feel the girls have done anything wrong, but I'm angry that Manaka has grown or changed. He's still immature and indecisive.

The girls become more mature over time, some of them maybe not much, but they do become more mature.

Manaka is always the same. No growth.

And the way he acts is more similar to a female than a male.

Which is exactly the problem. That's a problem with how the author writter him: if the author did a manga where Manaka was a woman, and he had to choose between males, it would make perfect sense.

But he isn't a girl. And ACTS like one. He's too feminine.

My problem is more with the author's characterization and how long the story is dragged out; we don't even know what they have done. They have "likely" done it, but we don't know. If the author pulls another 90 degrees, I'm going to stop reading this manga.

I don't expect Manaka to be perfect. but whoever he actually chooses, I'm not going to be happy with it.

Why? Because after 154 chapters, Manaka hasn't grown, and has remain so childish and impulsive. He thinks when he should and feel when he should think. The author had tons of choices to change Manaka's character; intead, the author chooses to expand and change the other characters characterization. Manaka, on the other hand, remains a indecisive fool.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 08:08:09 PM by JackalWackal »

Offline haichi

• Clean
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2005, 08:28:44 PM »
Guys you should not hate Manaka,  I agree most of his non-decisions on his part have been highly frustrating... But he is not all at fault many of the girls have done some wrongs too.

If he acted like a different kind of man I think he could have done it with

Toujou (Aya)
Kitaooji (Satsuki)
Minamito (Yui)
Nishino (Tsukasa)
Mukai (Kozue)

This was not the point of the manga, it was not a hentai game.

Manaka went out of his way to protect them all from getting hurt but he ended up hurting them all along the way.  This does happen when you have 4-5 woman fall in love with you, and chase you in very different ways.

Manaka = the typical stupid nice guy - if he was aggressive this would be a very different manga

He is a nice guy that is the kind of trouble nice guys get into.

You can see how the author used Amachi to prove what Manaka could have done

Amachi - Hero type nice guy at the beginning
but to get Toujou - Amachi ignored all the school girls who adored him and became focused
Amachi - Became very aggressive with Toujou, to me he even became a borderline jerk

Like Amachi - Manaka could have ignored all the girls after him and focused on Tsukasa
but Manaka has always been very unsure of himself when it comes to Tsukasa
He even asked her why she liked a guy like him?

Please re-read the manga before seeing Manaka is the bad guy here

If I had my way Junpei would have deflowered every single one of them

Toujou (Aya)
Kitaooji (Satsuki)
Minamito (Yui)
Nishino (Tsukasa)
Mukai (Kozue)

:D

But end the end he finally chose the one

Manaka = the typical stupid nice guy type
 ;)

End the manga here before it becomes pointless.
I have a feeling Nishino now will move to Paris and break his heart for good.

Offline dEvIlDuDe

• Clean
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2005, 09:11:15 PM »
Yeh it'll be unfair if Manaka is hated coz of his indecisiveness.... Even the guys(Manaka's friends) doesn't hate him for that and even pushes him or give advice to him on how/who to choose the girl he likes the most....

anything