Author Topic: *** SPOILERS *** Chapter 153 RAW discussion  (Read 13779 times)

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Look me up at #White_base and #Zg-fansubs at Rizon
Re: *** SPOILERS *** Chapter 153 RAW discussion
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2005, 09:21:01 AM »
It has many similarities with Ichigo 100%. It's not surprising since it's the same lovey dovey story and the main character has the same (I don't know how to make decisions) type.

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline skygrasper

• Clean
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2005, 09:26:32 AM »
It has many similarities with Ichigo 100%. It's not surprising since it's the same lovey dovey story and the main character has the same (I don't know how to make decisions) type.

Well there were only two females to choose from. And its very clear from the beginning who the lead guy will choose. He chose the older one who looks more like Aya but more towards Nishino/Aya personality combine over the younger one who looked a bit like Nishino but behaves like both Yui and Satsuki.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 09:29:46 AM by skygrasper »

Offline weeguy

• Clean
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2005, 09:49:03 AM »
Chinese scanlations: http://dm.666ccc.com/html/class22/comic238/view9352.html

Resisted the temptation to come into this thread before reading the chinese scanlations of this chapter. Must say I'm rather surprised that Junpei actually went back to Nishino but we can be sure that nothing "H" will come out of the stayover at Nishino's place. Either Junpei gets cold feet, or the phone rings and spoils everything (oh wait, that happened before), or the pesky neighbour starts making a nuisance of herself.

Anyway, went on to read another 2 series by Ichigo's author (Kaede Typhoon and Akane Chan overdrive) and like what others mentioned, it's likely that the series would just end without a complete ending. And all these conjectures regarding how many chapters ichigo has to go before finishing up a volume doesn't really stand either since she may just fill up all these chapters with side-stories like what she did for her other series.  ::)

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2005, 12:09:55 PM »
How about if instead of chocolates, Aya gives Junpei the novel for Valentines Day (or leaves it in his shoe locker)? That would be such a great scene and it shows that Aya has already moved forward.

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2005, 01:16:30 PM »
I don't see her giving him anything.  At least I hope she doesn't give him anything.  Though it definately is a nice twist of course. XD  Then again maybe she could pull another fast one during the entrance exams. lol

Wouldn't it be interesting if she goes back to her old style?  You know the glasses and ponytails. XD

G-thugin it up.

Offline lum

• Clean
  • Hxh Rules
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2005, 05:26:34 AM »
congrats ambidextrose on ur newborns :>
and indeed, aya giving the novel to manaka would be really emotional scene in the story,  :'( i feel so sorry for aya, she was the reason i liked ichigo :(
i was really shocked that junpei said no to aya, sigh.. even though it was a 50/50 thing. we'll probably see them graduate, then that'd probably be the end of the manga.

hopefully kawashita draws lots of illustration books, her art's is the best. (probably my fav girls face artist)

btw, the yanime watermark is on my chinese raw too :p, spreads like wildfire ehh
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 05:30:21 AM by lum »

Offline stream

• Clean
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2005, 05:28:25 PM »
Yeah,
sure it's different than KOR .. the characters the plot the main concept etc ..
although we can say that there are similarities .. but these similarities are related to the genre itself .. for instance I''s shares more similarities with KOR than Ichigo but they are two different stories ..

However, I think Ichigo will end the same way KOR ended ..
kept going forever until the magazine/fans fed up with it .. so they decided to end it and came up with a rushed ending considered to be the worst thing about KOR manga ver..

Well, looking at Kawashita previous works I guess this is very likely to happen .. Still, I hope not !

Anyway, If Kawashita decided to make another twist to go back to the zero level then I guess that's it for me .. because it's really time for this manga to end.

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2005, 08:30:36 AM »
I hope its ending soon.  ::)

I was thinking about cheesy endings in class just now.  lol XD I came up with some good thoughts. XD

G-thugin it up.

Offline shiznet

• Clean
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2005, 08:48:40 AM »

The one who wins in the end is the one who tries harder after all.

just one thing that bugs me about this statement: if this were true dont you think Satsuki would have won?  ;D ?

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2005, 09:05:33 AM »

The one who wins in the end is the one who tries harder after all.

just one thing that bugs me about this statement: if this were true dont you think Satsuki would have won?  ;D ?

It's not even an entirely true statement. You can try your hardest but some things are simply not meant to be (look at Einstein's Unified Theory, for example. . . . okay so I'm a geek). Hard work does not always guarantee success.

Offline JackalWackal

• Clean
  • The One and Only
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2005, 12:03:34 PM »
I think Manaka ultimately liked Tsukasa better than Satsuki.

And Tsukasa wasn't aggressive; but she was assertive. She let Manaka take the final act.