Author Topic: *** SPOILERS *** Chapter 153 RAW discussion  (Read 13772 times)

Offline Hotaru

• Clean
Re: *** SPOILERS *** Chapter 153 RAW discussion
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2005, 11:49:12 AM »
This should be obvious, who actually win in the end. Unless Mizuki wants to twist the plot again and the storyline would be really pathetic if Manaka gets back to Aya after he rejected her directly.

Btw, I think this manga will probably end like Kimagure Orange Road.

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2005, 06:18:22 PM »
Don't be quick to close the book on Aya just yet.  Did Junpei actually tell Aya that he had feelings for her as well at one point?  ???

Plus I know Aya's trump card has yet to be used.  What better way for her to wash her hands with Junpei then giving him the novel or Letting other people read it.  Me knowing the jackass I'm damn sure he'll have a problem with her doing the latter.

G-thugin it up.

Offline SweetMidori

• Clean
  • Duwa~!!
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2005, 08:39:13 PM »
yes, he did tell her that he loved her in the begining. and that all of this would have never happened if it wasn't for that. she was his "first love" and she'll always be special to him..
but the one that he truly loves is tsukasa, and he realizes that.

he rejected aya without any hesitation, because he realized that..
"even though aya's tears make me sad.. seeing nishino's lonely face hurts me even more, because she is the one I love the most."

Offline Omniscient73

• Clean
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2005, 09:52:36 PM »
The watermark was just an experiment to see how our scans would be distributed and how they would make their way back to our community.  The funny thing is, once a scan for a title is released over winny, very rarely are rescans made, so I doubt you will see any others.  While it is difficult and annoying to clean, the stamp isn't over any vital panels or text so it won't inhibit your ability to read the scans.  Any further complaints and questions should be adressed to ed >_>
*waves*
I was the one who uploaded the torrent onto Point Blank after finding the chapter on Winny.  Was also curious why it had a watermark, but figured (duh) that you guys were trying something.
So how long did it take between when you guys put up the chapter on winny and when I got a torrent going (pretty much as soon as I got it)?

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2005, 12:12:50 AM »
yes, he did tell her that he loved her in the begining. and that all of this would have never happened if it wasn't for that. she was his "first love" and she'll always be special to him..

"even though aya's tears make me sad.. seeing nishino's lonely face hurts me even more, because she is the one I love the most."

Ah, you're paraphrasing- that's not what Junpei actually said. He rejected Aya because Tsukasa's expression affected him more, that's true but he never said "because she is the one I love the most" in the same sentence. In fact, he didn't say that at all during his internal struggle whether he should chase after Aya. Also, never had the chance to tell Aya that she was his first love- he only thought it. And although it seemed that he rejected Aya's confession without hesitation, he was still struggling with himself afterward. Maybe my translation skill are not up to parr with most out there as I'm still learning but I can discern meaning pretty well.

I really do hope that this is it and all the mangaka needs to do is wrap it up. If another partner swap occurs, I'm dropping this manga like my daughter's soiled diapers because it just shows that the mangaka has no integrity and it proves something I said way back about her- she may be a good artist but she sucks as a storyteller.

Anyway, eventhough I am a Kozue fan at heart, I cannot help but root for characters named 'Aya' (even Aya Natsumi from Tenjo Tenge :D). Why? Because I have a daughter named 'Caitlin Ayame' whom we have nicknamed 'Aya' (her twin sister's name is Genevieve Hikari or 'Kari' for short). Maybe it's just a father's concern but I really do hope Aya has a happy ending. And at this point, I don't want her to end up with Junpei either :D.

P.S. I just became a dad to two beautiful girls- March 29, 2005, 5:08 (Caitlin Ayame) and 5:09PM (Genevieve Hikari), respectively. Just thought I'd share :D.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 01:02:07 AM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline Ban Sama

• Clean
  • Shinmeiryuu Dojo
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2005, 05:48:51 AM »

Ah, you're paraphrasing- that's not what Junpei actually said. He rejected Aya because Tsukasa's expression affected him more, that's true but he never said "because she is the one I love the most" in the same sentence. In fact, he didn't say that at all during his internal struggle whether he should chase after Aya. Also, never had the chance to tell Aya that she was his first love- he only thought it. And although it seemed that he rejected Aya's confession without hesitation, he was still struggling with himself afterward. Maybe my translation skill are not up to parr with most out there as I'm still learning but I can discern meaning pretty well.

I really do hope that this is it and all the mangaka needs to do is wrap it up. If another partner swap occurs, I'm dropping this manga like my daughter's soiled diapers because it just shows that the mangaka has no integrity and it proves something I said way back about her- she may be a good artist but she sucks as a storyteller.

Anyway, eventhough I am a Kozue fan at heart, I cannot help but root for characters named 'Aya' (even Aya Natsumi from Tenjo Tenge :D). Why? Because I have a daughter named 'Caitlin Ayame' whom we have nicknamed 'Aya' (her twin sister's name is Genevieve Hikari or 'Kari' for short). Maybe it's just a father's concern but I really do hope Aya has a happy ending. And at this point, I don't want her to end up with Junpei either :D.

P.S. I just became a dad to two beautiful girls- March 29, 2005, 5:08 (Caitlin Ayame) and 5:09PM (Genevieve Hikari), respectively. Just thought I'd share :D.

Congrats AmbiDextrose to you and your wife :D

Anyweis.. i hope Kawshita-sensei would wrap this up.  I'm also a Nishino fan but its also sad to see Aya crying like that.  Maybe we'll see 2 different endings for this series *still hoping* hehehe and she'll release 2 different volumes of either one of them ending up with Junpei

Offline pcg1001

• Clean
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2005, 11:02:56 AM »
just one quick question - what exactly IS winny?

Offline FinalShowdown

• Clean
    • Pic page
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2005, 11:08:11 AM »
" just one quick question - what exactly IS winny?"

sobbing, "waaaaaaaaa......", crying, シクシク , wineing about stuff,crying about stuff, that kinda crap.

Offline koroshiya

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2005, 04:36:05 PM »
There were always hints throughout the volumes that his affection for Tsukasa grew steadily. He even said it himself, that he was thinking about her a lot more since she dumped him. He had taken her for granted, and did not realize what he had, until he lost her. So when he did not see her every day anymore, their rare meetings became even more special.

Like when she slept over on his bed, he said that she was really precious to him, and that he didn't want to do anything to hurt her.

Or on the school trip, he went out of his way for her, disreguarding Aya.

When you think about it, when he's with each of them individually, it may seem like he likes the both of them equally, but when the both of them are there at the same time, his mind will sway towards Tsukasa more. (He was only telling himself that he didnt deserve her because of the first break-up)

Although, I think that Aya did stand a chance with him at the beginning, but his affection for Tsukasa kept on growing over time after each of their encounters, which btw, were all meaningful, while Aya chose not to do anything out of the ordinary or to push her feelings out at all. Aya's conservative and shy personality was her own downfall in the race for Manaka. Like how he took Tsukasa for granted, Aya took Manaka for granted.

The one who wins in the end is the one who tries harder after all.

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2005, 05:13:19 PM »
Well put koroshiya but from what we have seen the story surely isn't over yet.  ::)  *sigh*  Actually Junpei has taken Aya for granted alot more.  If you could say he swayed to Tsukasa more then I don't think that he was taking her for granted.  Think about it he was sure they were going to same college and He is sure that the "novel" is something only between them.  But I have a feeling it won't be for long.  Though Aya did put herself in that position.

Ambi congrats.  ;D But I must say Maya Natsume is the dominate Natsume. lol XD sorry for going OT.

Yeah that whole "1st love" line is a load of crap.  If he "did" love her then he should have said something.  But he did play the situation correctly. :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 05:15:35 PM by Grahf »

G-thugin it up.

Offline dEvIlDuDe

• Clean
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2005, 07:06:42 PM »
Yeh just a post to congratulate Ambi.... cool!! twins and have anime/manga name chars.... better teach em Japanese or kanji/hiragana or whatever Japanese characters are called...

Offline koroshiya

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2005, 07:38:05 PM »
Well put koroshiya but from what we have seen the story surely isn't over yet.  ::)  *sigh*  Actually Junpei has taken Aya for granted alot more.  If you could say he swayed to Tsukasa more then I don't think that he was taking her for granted.  Think about it he was sure they were going to same college and He is sure that the "novel" is something only between them.  But I have a feeling it won't be for long.  Though Aya did put herself in that position.

Ambi congrats.  ;D But I must say Maya Natsume is the dominate Natsume. lol XD sorry for going OT.

Yeah that whole "1st love" line is a load of crap.  If he "did" love her then he should have said something.  But he did play the situation correctly. :)

What I meant was that he took Tsukasa for granted only in the beginning, and only began to turn to her after the first break-up. From then on he actually tried hard to win her affection, and to please her in anyway possible. He just didn't go all the way probably because Tsukasa wouldn't open herself up completely and say that she still liked him, so he wasn't sure of himself.

As for Aya, you have to take into consideration that he has been seeing her almost every day for 3 years yet nothing has changed in their relationship. Sure there were those accidental kisses and bumps, but I don't recall any significant break-throughs except for the movie confession, and the ch152/153 confession at the end. (On her part). Also, I'm sure he has known all a long that Aya liked him, he's been told this by many people too throughout the story.

By ch153, Tsukasa had already won Manaka's heart emotionally by a land-slide. When faced with both of them getting hurt at the same time, something probably clicked in his heart & mind and he finally decides to go comfort the one he cares for more.

I doubt it was easy for him to reject Aya the way he did because of everything they've been through, but he must have realized it would only hurt the both of them in the long run if he didn't come to a decision right away.

The entire dialogue in 153 is important. Especially this part.

Pg10: (Manaka's Thoughts)

mayowazu Toujou o oikakeru noni => I would have gone after Toujou without hesitation
ore ga hajimete suki ni natta ko ha => Because the first person I'd fallen in lover with was...
Toujou nanoni => Toujou
Ima wa Toujou no namida yori => But now, more than toujou's tears,
Nishino ga miseta kibishii hyoujou no hou ga => It's Nishino's stern expression that
ore o tsuraku saserunda => hurts me

I've romanized the entire chapter in the txt link below, I did not post translations since it is againts the rules. It's more fun this way anyway, you guys can figure it out, also no name tags :P

One thing I want to add, the convo between Satsuki and Aya is just as important. You can kinda predict the end from that alone. =)

http://home.cogeco.ca/~macross/ichigo_153_full_romaji.txt
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 07:50:44 PM by koroshiya »

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2005, 08:27:59 PM »
Pg10: (Manaka's Thoughts)

mayowazu Toujou o oikakeru noni => I would have gone after Toujou without hesitation
ore ga hajimete suki ni natta ko ha => Because the first person I'd fallen in love with was...
Toujou nanoni => Toujou

Now that line is BS.  Now he tells her that she was the first one he fell in love with?  He knows how to put syrup on shit and call it pancakes.  When has he ran after Aya?  She has rarely put Him in a position where he has had to run and console her.  If she did it never really was at Tsukasa's expense.  If she has feel free to correct me.  But Aya has always believed in what Junpei has said.  I hope for this mangas sake that he has made up his mind.

Correct me again but isn't being taken for granted exactly this:
As for Aya, you have to take into consideration that he has been seeing her almost every day for 3 years yet nothing has changed in their relationship.
?

If he did "love" her then he has treated her the worst of all the girls.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 08:34:58 PM by Grahf »

G-thugin it up.

Offline haichi

• Clean
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2005, 08:28:25 PM »

One thing I want to add, the convo between Satsuki and Aya is just as important. You can kinda predict the end from that alone. =)

I would like this translated  :'(

Offline koroshiya

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2005, 09:11:39 PM »
I believe what he meant was that she was the first person that he liked, and the first person to catch his attention, being the original strawberry girl.

You shouldn't think "love" as in casanova die hard falling in love for. This was just a crush. "Suki" can be interpreted either way.

And he doesnt speak out those lines to her, I did label = (manaka's thoughts) lol, those were his inner thoughts after Aya had already ran off crying after being rejected. This is when he was thinking about Nishino. Don't jump on the gun :P I don't think he is dumb enough to tell her he liked/likes her while rejecting her. This was just reminiscence of the past, and at the same time, helped his resolution to end the long time love triangle. Kind like saying "Yea, those were good times... but now the feeling is different"

And I did not say that he ran after Aya, I said he went after Tsukasa.
Aya never put herself in a position to be consoled, cuz NOTHING ever happens lol. Because nothing major ever happens, their relationship couldnt develop further than just blushing in each other's presence.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 09:22:43 PM by koroshiya »

anything