Author Topic: *** SPOILERS *** Chapter 153 RAW discussion  (Read 13813 times)

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
Re: *** SPOILERS *** Chapter 153 RAW discussion
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2005, 07:23:34 AM »
Yeah. Same here so it's quite strange. I've only seen one page so I don't have the entire context yet of what he said. What troubles me is that we've seen this pattern before: on CH150, he hurts Aya. On CH151, he hurts Tsukasa. On CH152, he becomes unsure of his feelings for Tsukasa and starts thinking about Aya then Aya confesses. On CH153, he hurts Aya because he's already with Tsukasa. Who knows what Junpei's intentions are when he meets with Tsukasa for the next chapter. That's why we need to see this entire chapter to give what Junpei said some context.

On a side note, I was looking through volume 1 and found out that the first printing of Ichigo 100% was on August 7, 2002. If we add another 17 chapters (CH153 plus another 17 makes for exactly two volumes), we end up with August 7, 2005- exactly three years after the first printing. Now, since the TV series looks like it will end after 13 episodes (middle of June) and there is a third OAV planned (the second one is purportedly scheduled for relase this May) probably in August (there are three months between the first and second OAVs and June-August is another three months), it might be that the manga might end when all the animated Ichigo material comes out so that we won't have one spoiling the other (don't you just love simultaneous endings?). This will take Ichigo 100% to a whopping 19 volumes. Of course, this is just conjecture on my part but don't you think it's interesting?

Now I'm really curious as to how each one will end. Will they both have the same ending or will the manga show Junpei with one girl while the anime shows him getting another? If it happens, this might provide the alternate ending to keep everyone happy and will probably generate debates whether which storyline is 'cannon'.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 07:36:17 AM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2005, 07:37:27 AM »
Interesting indeed but...... Don't tell me he is going to do something stupid. X(  I've already lost faith in this series and I've leaned to wards Pastel as of late.  I don't know if I could take another "Junpei blunder". lol

Plus until I see somewhere at least advertise having the RAW I would think of that source being suspect.  Though it probably correct but that is how I see it.

G-thugin it up.

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2005, 07:42:20 AM »
Nah. I think the page was authentic. Plus, I didn't expect Junpei could have done anything else. He made the right call in (at least) respecting his and Tsukasa's current relationship.

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2005, 12:11:05 PM »
Nah. I think the page was authentic. Plus, I didn't expect Junpei could have done anything else. He made the right call in (at least) respecting his and Tsukasa's current relationship.

Don't get me wrong I agree its the only way he could have gone as well.  I just find it unusual for the Raw not to be on Udan. Maybe I'm doing too much thinking.  Last couple of days have been rough. XD

Make your stand and be a man Junpei. lol

G-thugin it up.

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2005, 12:56:17 PM »
Updated translation (what little of it).

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2005, 01:17:37 PM »
I almost forgot about chapter 150 when he told Aya about he and Tsukasa and she ran out crying.  I remember the look on Junpei's face and he didn't look all that flustered by the situation.  Usually he would have such a worried look on his face but at that time he looked calm.  From that point I was almost sure he was going to pick Tsukasa.  Now after hearing that part of the translation I'm sure that HE is set on Tsukasa.  The question that we all what to know is Tsukasa set on him.

G-thugin it up.

Offline skygrasper

• Clean
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2005, 07:32:29 PM »
The raws out. It does seem to be true. Aya got rejected. And Satsuki saw the whole scene and went to console Aya. Manaka went to Nishinos place and most probably told her about him turning down Aya and that he chooses her.
Just when he's about to leave she stops him and told him to stay overnight at her place since her parents were on holiday.
Nishino wins in the end. I'm kind of glad now that Manaka has set his mind on who he wants, and with Nishino to add. The manga will definitely end soon. Most probably the rest are just fillers. Unless the mangaka takes a 180 degrees u-turn at the last chapter towards Aya. ;D
Will have to wait for translation from you guys cause of my limited understanding of nihongo.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 07:47:49 PM by skygrasper »

Offline haichi

• Clean
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2005, 07:50:29 PM »
"Satsuki saw the whole scene"

wow nice touch

Offline anjing

• Clean
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2005, 09:25:59 PM »
can anyone post summary of this chapter??? coz i cannot read japanese.....

Offline FinalShowdown

• Clean
    • Pic page
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2005, 09:45:54 PM »
Its basicly whatever else said, aya tells junpie she has always liked/loved him etc, but basicly hes like nah i like tsukasa now. Satsuki over sees everything later on go and consults aya etc yadda yadda. Then junpie goes to tsukasa tells her that he properly told aya that nishino is the one he likes/loves. With that said junpies like well I guess im gonna return home, but tsukasa feeling the love in the air is like my partents went on a trip. And asks him if he wants to come in.(Or maybe shes says do you want to make up for it lol. Not sure of the word used)The sexual tension between them starts litteraly pooring out of them, tsukasa starts looking hella hot and botherd junpie is like well if its ok.......

Anyway yea so basicly whatever one else said, you dont really need to be able to read japanese to understand what happend everything was pretty self explanitory unless there was some intresting bubbles I missed or something.

I guess for all the aya fans at one point he does say something like she was my first love.. or something like that. So I guess you can hold on to that with your little hearts or something shrug.

Offline htranou

• Clean
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2005, 09:58:07 PM »
something about the raws, why is there a yanime stamp on it. I know scanning can be a lots of work, but it's not a translation with editing...

Is that a way to keep those raws out of the other groups? Even on Share i found your version.

Offline koroshiya

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2005, 10:06:11 PM »
It would take several nukes to seperate them again. He had no hesitation whatsoever when he rejected Aya, or when he told Tsukasa that she was the one that he really likes, and that he understood that now.

Like they both said before, it's fate :)

But yea, I'm predicting the Manga will probably end with their high school graduation and her going off to France. I don't see her throwing out her dream for him.  Maybe thats why she wants to expedite things with him now while her parents are away, while she can.

He'll probably end up promising her that he'll wait for her to come back :P (This is just prediction)

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2005, 10:12:03 PM »
The watermark was just an experiment to see how our scans would be distributed and how they would make their way back to our community.  The funny thing is, once a scan for a title is released over winny, very rarely are rescans made, so I doubt you will see any others.  While it is difficult and annoying to clean, the stamp isn't over any vital panels or text so it won't inhibit your ability to read the scans.  Any further complaints and questions should be adressed to ed >_>
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!

Offline koroshiya

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2005, 10:32:09 PM »
I also doubt they'll actually "do it" since this is an under 18 manga.

It'll probably might go as far as taking off clothes, but it'll prob end up just hugging or something cute =)

Although next chapter line is:

"futari wo tomeru mono wa ..... mou nanimonai?!"

-> Is there nothing left that will stop the two of them...?! (Literal: Stopping the two of them.... is there nothing left?!"
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 10:40:35 PM by koroshiya »

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2005, 11:19:11 PM »
Ha now finally all the Tsukasa fans could stop bitching about how she is the best and how she should win.  But don't be surprised if things change.  ::)  Though I could care less if it does at this point.

G-thugin it up.