Author Topic: *** SPOILERS *** Chapter 153 RAW discussion  (Read 13775 times)

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
*** SPOILERS *** Chapter 153 RAW discussion
« on: April 14, 2005, 04:57:31 PM »
Well, I saw a page from one of the boards and it looks like Junpei rejected Aya's confession. Here is the transcription from that page:

Quote from: Junpei
tojo- gomen
  "tojo- i'm sorry."

hontou ni gomen
  "i'm trully sorry."

ima nishino wo taisetsu ni shite ikitain da. . .  da kara
  "now, i want to go forward with nishino because she is important to me."

The last frame (on the page) shows Aya weeping (understandably so). Reportedly, Junpei goes off to call Tsukasa to arrage a meeting with her and she invites him over to her house.

Well, I am disappointed about this development but it seems that Junpei is indeed maturing. Maybe he DOES have genuine affections for Tsukasa but we can only wait for the conclussion. As soon as I get ahold of a better source, I will post the relevant transcriptions here.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 02:31:18 PM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline pcg1001

• Clean
Re: *** SPOILERS *** Chapter 153 RAW discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 06:54:56 PM »
YES YES YES! GO JUNPEI!

Offline matiao

• Clean
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 09:04:05 PM »
erm which forum shows the pages of 153 raw?
i checked out manga-ton1x.net but they haven uploaded it i guess

anyway i think its normal to see junpei rejecting aya

cos if u all can recap or reread every chap since the begining, it was nishino who spend the most amount of memorable and relationship building up time wif him

and i think junpei was kinda mixed up between dreams and love

in chap 123 or 124 , he associated love and being worthy of a girl to the sharing of dreams and ideals

eg. Higure and nishino(cakes n paris)

himself and aya (movies and scripts)

but he was really in love with nishino but didn;t realise it as he keep thinking that love is something which has to be in common wif dreams

and nishino has always loved him since the start
chap 125(she wanna be his girl friend again)
chap 142(she confessed to him)
chap 145(he confessed to her)

now at chap 152-153, when she finally told him the "ultimatum", he realise how important she was to him(thus rejecting aya)

so it kind of seems to me that the author was trying to tell a story to the readers that :

one sometimes have to differentiate real love and dreams and hav to sacrifice one of them to achieve the other

Offline haichi

• Clean
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 09:10:09 PM »
I'm still very mad at this dude but I am glad he is finally doing the right thing lets hope nothing goes wrong again

I feel do bad for Aya :'(

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 09:10:42 PM »
Nothing is safe :D. We still have probably eight chapters at least. However, the next chapter is very crucial to Junpei and Tsukasa: can either of them close the deal, so to speak. If they do, then there is no doubt that Tsukasa and Junpei should belong together. I believe that the next chapter will be the climax of the entire manga, depending on what Junpei and Tsukasa do. If they do get intimate, the chapters following that will be the the anti-climax as Ichigo finally comes to an end. If they don't, I'm dropping this manga because it's obvious that the author is just trying to string the readers along.

I think Junpei made the right call: he and Tsukasa were still together at that point. Acknowledging Aya's affections would not only be wrong, it would hurt both girls in the long run and that would make  him a real jerk. As for Aya, I am sad that she got hurt the way she did but it would be interesting to see how she copes with this emotional trauma- it is her first time confessing her love openly and the first time she got rejected. If she carries on, it will prove to people how strong Aya a person she really is. The good thing though is she can finally move forward with her life.

So, the next question is will Tsukasa and Junpei's individual dreams eventually cause them to part.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 09:13:58 PM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline haichi

• Clean
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 09:27:33 PM »
I still can't forgive Junpei I found myself screaming and pulling my hair out at the stupid things he has done (*Not* done) with Nishino, this better be it or this will be a huge let down.

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 09:32:04 PM »
Well, the thing is, there is still a lot of ground to cover: Christmas, Valentines Day, White Day, Junpei's college exams, graduations, etc.  Plus, there is the film competition that the film club has always attended since their first movie. On top of that, you have Satsuki and Amachi scheming in the background. Now that Junpei has rejected her, will Aya go for Amachi? I'm temped to say that she won't- she'll probably go for another Manaka-type personality. Plus, we still don't know what Tsukasa has decided regarding her dream of becoming a pastry chef. So there's a lot more things than can happen. The thing I'm really curious of is how will Junpei and Aya react to each other once the dust settles and they have to go back to class?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 09:33:45 PM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 09:37:24 PM »
I think Junpei made the right call: he and Tsukasa were still together at that point. Acknowledging Aya's affections would not only be wrong, it would hurt both girls in the long run and that would make  him a real jerk.

That hit it on the head and I'm glad that he has finally matured.  Its about time he actually does the "right" thing. The next chapter surely is (as is all of the past 10 chaters or so) one of the most important chapters.  I don't see anything happening unless Junpei starts and finishes the job. lol XD

As for Aya it does suck but I'm sure she was aware of that outcome.  She wanted to get it off of her chest and so she has and I don't see her dwealing on it much.  She already made the first step in seperating herself from Junpei with the school decision.  She might avoid him like usually does after something happens between them but it won't be anything out of the ordinary.  I still think Amachi would be great for her. XD  She has matured as well and I hope she moves on from the loser.

G-thugin it up.

Offline haichi

• Clean
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2005, 10:13:31 PM »
Now that Junpei has rejected her, will Aya go for Amachi? I'm temped to say that she won't- she'll probably go for another Manaka-type personality. Plus, we still don't know what Tsukasa has decided regarding her dream of becoming a pastry chef. So there's a lot more things than can happen. The thing I'm really curious of is how will Junpei and Aya react to each other once the dust settles and they have to go back to class?

Aya and Amachi would be so painful for me I just don't like him for her.
Amachi and Satsuki would be okay

I have a bad feeling that Tsukasa will go to Paris like she decided to go to a different High School
Junpei would have not been so confused if Tsukasa was a little more focused on her love more so than her dreams but she is a very mature focused girl that love can second to.

Offline anjing

• Clean
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2005, 01:22:23 AM »
where i can get the raw???

Offline Ariel

• Clean
  • Hi.
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2005, 01:29:33 AM »
So, the next question is will Tsukasa and Junpei's individual dreams eventually cause them to part.

After all this time of indecision and bad decisions, I think that if Junpei can finally convince Tsukasa that he really and truly only cares for her now, then nothing can break them apart. But this doesn't mean that they can't pursue their dreams and have a long distance relationship. I'm sure if Junpei proves his true feelings, then both of them will have something to look forward to after accomplishing their dreams... a long and happy life together. But that's just my optimistic point of view talking here. ;)

In actuality though, I think that if they get together, and the mangaka wants to extend the manga, we might get more stories of Junpei and Tsukasa's hardships before we reach the end.

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2005, 03:37:11 AM »
As I've said, we don't know what the context was becasue I only saw one page so we can only assume that Junpei said 'no' to Aya because he was already with Tsukasa- it wouldn't look good and Junpei is good in the sense that he always did what was "right". So, it could still swing the other way. For all we know, he could be going to Tsukasa to break up with her. Notice that he didnt actually come out with "I like/love Nishino" but "I'm already with Nishino" so who knows? The next chapter is the crutial point in the manga. Will Tsukasa accept Junpei back a third time?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 03:42:04 AM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline lvmhung

• Clean
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2005, 04:06:05 AM »
nice chapter , i really happy for tsukasa when see this chapter  ^_^

Offline haichi

• Clean
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2005, 06:17:36 AM »
As I've said, we don't know what the context was becasue I only saw one page so we can only assume that Junpei said 'no' to Aya because he was already with Tsukasa- it wouldn't look good and Junpei is good in the sense that he always did what was "right". So, it could still swing the other way. For all we know, he could be going to Tsukasa to break up with her. Notice that he didnt actually come out with "I like/love Nishino" but "I'm already with Nishino" so who knows? The next chapter is the crutial point in the manga. Will Tsukasa accept Junpei back a third time?

Can you spoil it for me what went wrong the second time?
I've only read up to 125 can't wait I must know

edit: found the reason thanks
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 06:46:29 AM by haichi »

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2005, 07:00:13 AM »
I'm currently looking on Udan's IRC channel and they don't have an Ichigo Raw as of yet.   ???  They usually have them rather quick.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 07:01:19 AM by Grahf »

G-thugin it up.