Author Topic: The Official Initial D disussion thread (Spoilers)  (Read 2404 times)

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Look me up at #White_base and #Zg-fansubs at Rizon
The Official Initial D disussion thread (Spoilers)
« on: April 12, 2005, 10:31:00 AM »
I was wondering if people felt like me with the Fourth stage. It's going on far too slowly. Just the battle with the cappucino took like 3 episodes at lest. I know that there must also be the possibility that since we only get the episodes on a 1 month basis I might be overreacting. Also I feel that Takumi even though he is growing still doesn't have what a true Racer needs and that is Car knowledge. Feel free to post any constructive comments.

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
Re: The Official Initial D disussion thread (Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 12:35:29 PM »
First of all, he's gained a great deal of car knowledge, and I think he will simply keep going on that path. He would easily be able to do whatever he needs to do in the future...

And yeah, the Cappucino eps were slow, especially since I don't like them in the first place... but the rest of the 4th Stage has been fantastic. Honestly though, if they did not slow it down, they would have run out of stuff to put into 14 eps. NOW there is enough, so they won't even catch up to the manga with the 4th stage... but before, I believe the next race or two was as far as the manga had gone... so I don't even think the S2000 and GTR34 in the intro will be in the 4th stage... maybe only a glimpse in the last ep to show what's next. And yes, 2 eps every other month sucks ass. <<;;

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 06:46:55 PM »
Also what happened with Takumi's supposed girlfriend (I don'T quite recall her name). I mean we haven't seen her since the movie. (the one when he battles with the son of Bunta's old rival).

Oh and of course we know that Bunta's new car will be the WRX. However do you think it will be STI or not? Oh and Judau do you remember the opening glimpse and spoilers, it just shows us how takumi beat the cappucino before seeing it on the actual episode... arg
I have seen that more and more anime's show this bigs spoilers in their opening Theme.

Also, do you think that Keisuke's older brother (I don't remember his name either. It seems that seeing the episodes so apart from each other I can only recall the names of the characters you hear about all the time) will participate in any battle. Why doesn't he battles. Is it because he feels no need to participate in something he already knows he will win? Or is it because he wants Keisuke and Takumi to grow as battlers and drivers?

One last question? I know this seems kind of obvious because Project D can't lose but how do you think Keisuke will do against the Hachi-Go supercharged. I am actually cheering for the Hachi-Go, since I like the owner (once again forgot his name) (I look like a n00b!). Anyways, as always, feel free to post constructive comments.

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 07:05:03 PM »
Natsuki has yet to show back up since she left, so who knows?  The manga is mainly a sausage fest, except for Kyoko.  If you watch the first op closely enough, you should be able to read "STI" on the rear trunk of the WRX.  Also, I doubt that Ryousuke will race again, he sees potential in Keisuke and Takumi and so Project D is more of a way of sculpting them into the ultimate racers, Keisuke into the Ultimate Pro, and Takumi into the Ultimate Downhill King.  They haven't revealed what the D stands for yet, but I've long suspected that it is for Downhill.  Lastly, Wataru drives an 86 Levin, Itsuki has the 85. 
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 07:17:56 PM »
Thanks Jaisbane wasn't so sure about that one. I wanted to try my shot at finding the name for it.
However, how are you so sure that Ryousuke won't drive anymore... I mean he was really good. His concentration was always awesome.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 09:20:37 AM »
Also what happened with Takumi's supposed girlfriend (I don'T quite recall her name). I mean we haven't seen her since the movie. (the one when he battles with the son of Bunta's old rival).

I could have sworn she was in one of the first few eps of 4th stage, but I guess she already went off to school in Tokyo... Natsuki is a whore anyway, all of the other girls are much better, especially Kyoko. :P And there is only one movie... Battle Stage and Special Stage are more like OVAs or TV specials... not long enough or high quality enough to be a movie.

Oh and of course we know that Bunta's new car will be the WRX. However do you think it will be STI or not?

Yeah, as Jais said, it says STi right on the back... plus it also has the STi Subaru logo on the front and the STi foglamp covers... I think its the Version V STi, but it could be the VI... can't remember. And yes, Takumi will drive it, as you were mentioning spoilers in the opening... just maybe not much (if at all) in the 4th Stage...

Also, do you think that Keisuke's older brother will participate in any battle. Why doesn't he battles. Is it because he feels no need to participate in something he already knows he will win? Or is it because he wants Keisuke and Takumi to grow as battlers and drivers?

Again, as Jais said, there is no way Ryosuke will be driving, he is strictly there to manage the team and to help Takumi and Keisuke get better... and while Keisuke's planned future is obvious, Takumi has been mentioning perhaps going pro... so who knows, he might end up more than just a downhill legend...

One last question? I know this seems kind of obvious because Project D can't lose but how do you think Keisuke will do against the Hachi-Go supercharged. I am actually cheering for the Hachi-Go, since I like the owner (once again forgot his name) (I look like a n00b!). Anyways, as always, feel free to post constructive comments.

Again, Wataru drives the Hachi-Roku Levin, and no, I don't think Wataru will win. Although Keisuke gets into an accident pretty soon, I don't know when that is though, so it might be during the race... do you know, Jais? Anyway, again, with the opening... that's why in certain parts of the opening, Keisuke has a new spoiler and body kit... since he banged up his car earlier.

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005, 11:09:53 AM »
What is it with all the anime spoilers on the opening theme. I mean it is cool to know what is going to happen but sometimes it's just a dead giveaway. Do you really think that the D in project D stands for downhill? I don't think so, Takumi was just a driver who had an offer of entering the team, he wasn't the one who proposed the team. I mean the team wasn't made for him.

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2005, 06:33:16 PM »
He gets into an accident during test runs for the next race and has to borrow Kyoko's FD.  If I remeber correctly he spins out when he hits an oil spill and crashes into the guardrail.  But, that doesn't happen till the end of volume 26, while 4th stage will probably not get far into 26.  26 is mainly character development stuff, while 27 is one long battle.  Also, Natsuki makes the briefest of cameos in the beginning of 26 where they show her face for one panel when Takumi is reminicing.  And as for the team not being made for Takumi, I wouldn't be so sure.  Ryousuke is a sly one.
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!