Author Topic: Initial D  (Read 2829 times)

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
Initial D
« on: April 11, 2005, 08:08:10 PM »
I just got volumes 1-3 today. Oh man this is sweet. I am reading em as I type ^^x. I think this is tight.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Look me up at #White_base and #Zg-fansubs at Rizon
Re: Initial D
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 08:11:00 PM »
The anime is much much better. Although the manga is quite ok too. I think that you can't see as much of the characters stress during the battles (not that there's that much of stress)

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 08:21:00 PM »
Are you serious? Oh well at least I get to read it tho since I don't have access to the shows right now. YAY!!

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline seorang

• Clean
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 08:48:05 PM »
Manga, as usual, is faster than anime, but its more fun to watch a race than read it.
Battle doesn't need a purpose.
The battle is its own purpose.
You don't ask why a field burns or a plague spreads.
Don't ask why I fight.

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 08:12:22 AM »
I do hope you aren't reading the US release of the manga by TokyoPop, that translation is a travesty and an insult to everything that is good and right about Initial D.  If you actually like that version, then I would suggest you go hang yourself right now and save us the trouble.  Note, I am being facetious here.   ;D
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 08:54:53 AM »
I was thinking the same thing. Lol I read one and really it was awful. By the way Jaisbane it's the same with the Initial D's english anime version. The voices are awful and it's really shameful.

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 08:56:07 AM »
 ;D Okay I am gonna go and hang myself now. Yes unfortunately I am reading the english version BAH!! Thats the best I can do. My older bro bought me the books outta the goodness of his heart so its not my fault anyway  ;D. But yeah. I read the 3 I got and I agree that I would prefer to watch the actual episodes because reading about the battles just doesn't feel right. I need to actually watch the battles.

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 09:00:22 AM »
Stop by irc sometime, we can...chat ;)
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2005, 09:04:12 AM »
 ;D Heh if I can convince my dad to get irc on his compy. He doesn't like programs he is not familiar with.

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2005, 09:22:39 AM »
Simply download a Read me file  that explains how to use IRC, make him read it then download it!

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2005, 09:24:51 AM »
okay will do. Today's my step-mom's b-day so I doubt it will happen today. We'll see tho. Anything can happen.

I finally realized who that guy is in Judau's sig. It is Bunta.

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2005, 10:00:49 AM »
LOL! So you never saw anything related to initial D before? wow that's amazing. Hum now that I think about it, I should make an Initial D Discussion thread.

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2005, 10:14:36 AM »
Well I have seen commercials and such for Initial D before but it never really interest me til now cause I wasn't really into cars. I formed this stereotype that if you know nothing about cars Initial D isn't for you.

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2005, 10:36:41 AM »
That isn't actually true. There are a lot of tips and introductions to cars specs and modifications. There are a lot you can learn from Initial D's series.

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2005, 10:40:44 AM »
Yeah I realized that when I first started reading it. Like the eight six, the FD and FS such things. I had no idea what those were. Then they tlaked about em which got me intrigued even more. I love this series so far. I want more books of ID.