Author Topic: *** SPOILERS *** Chapter 152 RAW discussion  (Read 7629 times)

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
Re: *** SPOILERS *** Chapter 152 RAW discussion
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2005, 12:55:44 PM »
At this point I think its too up in the air.  I really don't see Tsukasa falling for a Junpei apology and him saying that he wants her.  She knows him better than that.   Then there is Toujo she is the hardest to call, but if the line:

demo konomama anata o ushina itakunakute
  "but as it is, i'm loosing trust in you."
  "but as it is, i'm loosing faith (in you)"

Means what Ambi said he thinks it means.  I dunno there still is that chance that he gets no one. *shruggs*

G-thugin it up.

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2005, 01:09:08 PM »
Heh. Even I wouldn't trust what I wrote until someone like JaisBane, _yeah, iodoethane, or someone better versed in Nihingo reviews my work. The 'nakute' part pakes the translation difficult because I'm still grappling with conjugations. If 'naku' is just another form of 'nai', then the meaning is reversed, thus the line would read as 'but as it is, i still haven't lost my trust (in you).' It's a hard call to make with my level of skill.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 01:12:39 PM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline weeguy

• Clean
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2005, 01:37:17 PM »
Chinese subs: http://dl.uxcn.com/Software/Catalog19/48.html

Well, as promised, here is the translation (attempt) from the first pages, when Junpei was trying to sort through his feelings:

Quote from: Junpei (page 2)
ore wa nishino ga suki da
  "nishino is the one I love."

tojo ga bunkasai ni sasotta no wa jitsu ototo dattatte wakate mo
  "eventhough now that I understand tojo invited her (younger) brother to the culture festival."

ima wa nishino ga taisetsu da
  "now, nishino is important (valuable)."

istudatte ore ni akaruku waraikakete kuru nishino ga suki nanda
  "somehow nishino always had a cheerful smile for me."

nanoni. nanda ore wo ima kanojo ni konna hyojo wo sasete shimatterun darou
  "i guess now that she's my girlfriend, i have to cheer her up."
       <START RANT>'I guess'? 'I GUESS' ?!!! What an absolute idiot. <END RANT>

Ok, my interpretation of the part above:

- I like Nishino.
- Even though I know that the one who came to the cultural festival with Aya is her brother,
- Nishino is still the most important person to me.
- I like the Nishino who's always smiling cheerfully to me.
- But if that's the case...
- why do I allow this kind of expression to appear on her face?

The intentions of the author is rather obvious from this chapter and sad to say, many Tsukasa fans aren't going to like it. Nevertheless, it was mildly surprising that Kawashita finally allowed Aya's character to grow out of her own shell and confess to Manaka. (although she's still as clumsy as ever) However, I doubt Manaka would accept her feelings readily since he still hasn't made a clean break with Tsuksa.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 01:46:36 PM by weeguy »

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2005, 01:42:56 PM »
Oh, so that's what that 'suki' in istudatte ore ni akaruku waraikakete kuru nishino ga suki nanda meant. It makes sense. I've now updated the translation on the previous page.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 06:39:13 PM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline Errorrrr

• Clean
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2005, 04:42:20 PM »
I thought Junpei already delcared that Tsukasa is one (if not the importanEST person to him) I am quoting these lines from Chpater 117 Page 185
Junpei
Nishino... You're Irreplaceable to me ...

I think that is a very good indicator that Tsukasa is Junpei's mentle support. If Tsukasa is not there for him, he will most likely to retreat him self into isolation... but that's pure speculation in my part...
I AM CORSSING MY FINGer for Tsukasa ENDING!!!

Also remember they exchanged the "all powerful love charm" in Kyoto? I hope the author take that into consideration. Not until SOMETHING happens (let it be toss into ocean, or burned by fire or accident) their relationship will always remain vauge....

In order to get Tsukasa back, it will take more than Junpei himself... it will require the assistance of Aya...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 05:30:35 PM by Errorrrr »

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2005, 06:43:17 PM »
Ambi, naku is the conjuctive form of nai which allows it to combine with te to make the "te form".  They are both conjunctive forms, but the first is a grammatical conjuction while te is a syntactical conjunction.  Basically, nai is a verbal adjective and the changing of the i to ku let's it take on verb forms and conjugations.  Don't worry too much about the grammatical meaning of it, just know that nakute is another form of nai that lets it work with other verbs.
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2005, 07:25:05 PM »
I thought Junpei already delcared that Tsukasa is one (if not the importanEST person to him) I am quoting these lines from Chpater 117 Page 185
Junpei

I think that is a very good indicator that Tsukasa is Junpei's mentle support. If Tsukasa is not there for him, he will most likely to retreat him self into isolation... but that's pure speculation in my part...

That was chapter 140 something I believe.  But still we are talking about Junpei did you not see his reaction in 151?  If he is the get either girl the other one must give up on him.  From what I see they both have given up to an extent but Tsukasa now.  She has been down this road before, how can you believe that she would just "forgive" him (again).    As for the isolation line ........  What are you smoking?  With Satsuki he truely relaxed that is why she is happy with just being his best friend.

G-thugin it up.

Offline Errorrrr

• Clean
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2005, 08:16:16 PM »
in order for Tsukasa to forgive Junpei, Junpei must first said "YES" or "NO" to Aya, in a VERY PRECISE Clear manner... and Junpei will need Aya's assistant for Tsukasa to go back to Junpei (it could also backfire, where Tsukasa will be disgusted with Junpei, and leave him as well...)
Junpei is in a VERY VERY VERY bad situation... he will need to make precise judgement... and follow who he really wants... I personally think Tsukasa is a better choice (from my observation ... she really "take cares" of Junpei)... but right now... Tsukasa is in a very bad position.. with only so much chapters left... if this was a NBA final... it would be like...
Aya 77pts vs Tsukasa 68pts with 3 min left till the end...
Junpei is the judge... to me... if he still is a man, he would go with Tsukasa, and call fouls on Aya...

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2005, 08:55:14 PM »
Junpei

You can tell someone that they're irreplacable without having romatic relations with them- the two are not mutually inclusive. For example, I have a female friend who's really irreplacable to me because she's one of the funniest and most inspiring human beings I know but I'm not attracted to her romantically. Junpei could be saying that he will always remember Tsukasa or that she's one-of-a-kind. That doesn't mean it's a ticket to their being together.

Also remember they exchanged the "all powerful love charm" in Kyoto? I hope the author take that into consideration. Not until SOMETHING happens (let it be toss into ocean, or burned by fire or accident) their relationship will always remain vauge....

It was never shown that they exchanged charms. The last frame had them looking at each other. Besides, the charm hasn't been mentioned since. It may show up at a later chapter but since it wasn't really shown that they exchanged those charms, we can't assume that they did. Plus, both Tsukasa and Junpei looked doubtful at what the older gentleman said about exchanging the love charms.

In order to get Tsukasa back, it will take more than Junpei himself... it will require the assistance of Aya...

I don't think Aya can sway Tsukasa. I have a feeling that they're not on the best of terms (because of Junpei) but still remain civil towards each other (because the Japanese do not like confrontation or they try their best to avoid it).
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 09:42:07 PM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2005, 08:56:41 PM »
Ambi, naku is the conjuctive form of nai which allows it to combine with te to make the "te form".  They are both conjunctive forms, but the first is a grammatical conjuction while te is a syntactical conjunction.  Basically, nai is a verbal adjective and the changing of the i to ku let's it take on verb forms and conjugations.  Don't worry too much about the grammatical meaning of it, just know that nakute is another form of nai that lets it work with other verbs.

Hey, thanks for the tip, JaisBane. That means it still functions as a negator, correct?

Offline Errorrrr

• Clean
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2005, 09:46:05 PM »
Though the charm was never officially exchanged, Tsukasa ask if he belived in it or not... So I did assume they did. Tsukasa is the mos hurt character through out the story... it's just cruel and inhumane to seperate the two... Aya on the contrary likes to keep distance away from Junpei... Only thing Aya ever did was write the scripts and share the story... on the surface, it may seem that's a huge contribution, however, if you notice closely, Tsukasa is always behind Junpei helping him and supporting him( clean his house, give chocalate, etc...) It is totally injust to have Aya and him together... of course this is my opinion... but I hope the author will really consider... I would rather not choose at all, than choose Aya, that how much I am against Aya... no offense, she is cute and all, but if Tuskasa was a girl in real life that did those things for you, I doubt any person in this world can reject such loyal girlfriend...

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2005, 09:58:48 PM »
Though the charm was never officially exchanged, Tsukasa ask if he belived in it or not... So I did assume they did. Tsukasa is the mos hurt character through out the story... it's just cruel and inhumane to seperate the two... Aya on the contrary likes to keep distance away from Junpei... Only thing Aya ever did was write the scripts and share the story... on the surface, it may seem that's a huge contribution, however, if you notice closely, Tsukasa is always behind Junpei helping him and supporting him( clean his house, give chocalate, etc...) It is totally injust to have Aya and him together... of course this is my opinion... but I hope the author will really consider... I would rather not choose at all, than choose Aya, that how much I am against Aya... no offense, she is cute and all, but if Tuskasa was a girl in real life that did those things for you, I doubt any person in this world can reject such loyal girlfriend...

Bottom-line, Tsukasa is weak emotionally.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 09:59:08 PM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline Errorrrr

• Clean
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2005, 10:02:31 PM »
I don't think Tsukasa is emotionally weak, it's more like Junpei is F#(*u UP... no offense, he is totally F(((ed up... His mind changes so fast... one point he really likes a girl, next, he likes another. He is the one that emotionnaly weak, unable to follow through...

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2005, 10:08:16 PM »
Yes she is. She leads Junpei on but doesn't finish the job herself. I don't like that kind of personality. No, I can't stand people like that- I see too many of them in the office and RL already.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 10:14:39 PM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline Errorrrr

• Clean
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2005, 10:22:33 PM »
what the... she initiate all the close encounter, and it's always Junpei who stopped early... please dont' count the cell phone as her fault...