Author Topic: Jazz Anime Music  (Read 5455 times)

Offline LemonTehPing

• Clean
Jazz Anime Music
« on: April 08, 2005, 04:53:30 AM »
anyone have any idea of any jazz songs out there? or any other nice jazz pieces?

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
Re: Jazz Anime Music
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 09:39:02 AM »
the only kind of music that I think might be Jazz is Bebop music but actually that might be Blues. I am not sure.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Look me up at #White_base and #Zg-fansubs at Rizon
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 10:13:30 AM »
Cowboy Bebop are blues and maybe, maybe sometimes there is jazz.

Ending theme of Neon Genesis Evangelion : remake of Fly me to the moon of Frank Sinatra.

If you want good music (Jazz) go see FRANKIE (Frank Sinatra).
As for anime that specifically has Jazz as normal songs, I really don'T know.
Sorry.

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline cynical monkey

• Radiohead Freak
  • Seriously Addicted
  • monkeys.
    • deviant art gallery
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 02:05:09 PM »
cowboy bebop is blues, jazz, and (obvious) bebop...

and the music in cowboy bebop is by yoko kanno and the seatbelts.

visit my deviant art gallery! http://mutsy.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline Akukame

• Clean
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2005, 04:57:02 AM »
Blues and Bebop are forms of jazz ~.^

And although its not quite anime, Hiro (Ex-Speed member, not pretty popular japanese singer), released an album under the alias Coco d'Or, which was a compilation of remakes of classic jazz numbers, including alot by Ella Fitzgerald and Nat King Cole.

Also, again, not quite anime, but Double (Japanese r&b singer), also occasioanlly does remakes of classic english songs, alot of which are jazz.  I know her last album had 'Lullaby of Birdland' and 'Bye Bye Baby' on it.

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2005, 09:07:14 AM »
I'll agree that Bebop is a form of Jazz, but Blues is most certainly not Jazz.  For me to properly explain the difference between the two, I would have to go into a lot of music theory, and I'm a bit too lazy for that.  Let's just say that Jazz is a very smooth and controlled style that emphasizes technical ability where as blues is a very raw and emotional style that uses Minors and Major VII together, which should sound very bad according to music theory.  Jazz was developed in urban night clubs in places like NYC where young and talented musicians would get together and jam to show off their skill.  Blues developed in the Mississippi Delta Region (both came about around the turn of the century) where people used their instrument to express their sadness and how hard life was there.  Most blues musicians are guitarists, but harmonicas and saxophones suit themselves well to it, and it takes very little instruction to learn to play the blues.  A common way of playing the blues was to play the guitar with a piece of metal or glass held over the neck.  This lets you slide to notes and gives a sound very similar to the human voice.  This is also the way I mainly play guitar, although I throw in Jazz scales and Rock styles to make my sound wilder.  Just listen to some recordings by Robert Johnson, Son House, Muddy Waters, Albert King, Howlin Wolf, and Buddy Guy to hear what real Blues sounds like.  It sounds like you already know your Jazz, so I don't think I need to make any reccomendations there.
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!

Offline LemonTehPing

• Clean
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2005, 09:20:18 AM »
I'm not really asking wat jazz is but where can i find any nice jazz pieces to play! my piano teacher told me to look for some  ;)

pianofiles.com does not help >:(

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2005, 09:53:26 AM »
Music stores or used book stores are your best bet

Offline LemonTehPing

• Clean
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2005, 03:06:11 AM »
i knew u would say that but there is no music store nor bookstore selling those things!  :'( thats in my area... there are music stores but they only sell normal types like classical etc.

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2005, 08:23:28 AM »
There are some webrings and irc channels dedicated to transcribing anime and video game music into sheet music, and in japan atleast they sell sheet music for popular composers like yoko kanno, but I don't really know any of those places off the top of my head.  There are online stores like www.samash.com and www.musciansfriend.com that have jazz sheet music, but you won't find anything that is specific to anime.  You might be able to make a living some day transcribing anime music, if you train your ear enough to recognize exact notes.  Good luck.

Offline Pfefferminz

• Clean
  • I'm a bum and a fish...
    • Ma galerie d'art
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2005, 11:05:32 AM »
If you are looking for anime jazz (and know which are jazz), this site transcribes music for a couple of insturments I think (mostly piano). However, I will warn you that they didn't necessarily do a great job in arranging them, and can often be awkward to play.

http://www.animescores.com/SheetMusic/index.htm
The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.  --Douglas Adams (HHGG)
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.  --JRR Tolkein

anything