Author Topic: Gundam Official's New MB  (Read 5623 times)

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
Gundam Official's New MB
« on: April 07, 2005, 09:52:25 AM »
Well, Gundam official finally created a board, and surprisingly, many good Gundam fans seem to be on it, so I joined. And I'm quite happy to say I finally found a few (2 or 3) people with more kits than me. ^_^ Its actually nice having someone to try and catch up to. ^^;;

Anyway, here it is:

http://forums.gundamofficial.com/

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Look me up at #White_base and #Zg-fansubs at Rizon
Re: Gundam Official's New MB
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 10:24:20 AM »
It's really a nice site too. I also joined and hope to get all my gundam questions answered there! Thanks a lot for this link Judau.

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 11:54:18 AM »
Just don't mention fansbus. << I just said something along the lines of "Yeah, I can't wait for it to get fansubbed, then a North American release later..." in response to Igloo and they removed it. <<;; Geez, calm down, its not even released yet. ^^;;

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 01:30:44 PM »
Wow... that's harsh... Did you get any comments regarding that word?
Well to tell you the truth, I'm just happy with the fact that I'll be able to know more about the new releases (model kits) and also be able to know about modelling techniques (specific for gundams). Anyways this is great.

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 02:53:33 PM »
Wow... that's harsh... Did you get any comments regarding that word?
Well to tell you the truth, I'm just happy with the fact that I'll be able to know more about the new releases (model kits) and also be able to know about modelling techniques (specific for gundams). Anyways this is great.

Nah, he just deleted the post (which was short anyway) and PMed me and was very formal about it. But he just said it so he would not have to remove any more posts, so I don't think just a quick mention like that would be a big deal.

And I havn't seen you post yet... I've been posting like nuts, cause people keep replying... so many people @_@ over 500 in a day or 2 already.

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 04:07:39 PM »
I read about this yesterday, the "G.O.U.F." as they have been calling it. I was thinking about joining all day in school today, I'm going to now since I just got on.   And I figured mentioning anything like fansubs or bootlegs would be bad, but thats good that they weren't too bitchy about it. I wonder if saying you buy imported merchandise is bad, some people see a problem with that as opposed to the US releases. I really hate when people preach about downloading anime and buying bootlegs... -_-

I will most likely be Kairu something(as I am everywhere), see you all there.  :)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 04:08:56 PM by Kairu de Large »

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 08:46:14 PM »
This is a request for your names on that forum (actually for you Kairu).
Also, don't you think it's really big? Only a while ago there weren't that much users and now it's more than 600 users... It's going to become so big that nobody will know anybody. At least there are a lot of threads wich have many good points and very ressourceful people. (not that you two aren't).

What about Shinaku, do you think he'll join, or maybe he already has.

What are your pro and cons of the forum?
I think that it's a bit complex and sometimes I have trouble browsing through it.

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2005, 10:16:40 PM »
Mine is Kairu Deikun, and Judau might still be judau because I remember that was his name too at Anime League. And we can always ask shinaku I suppose, I mean he knows quite a bit about Gundam and has a lot of good things to say in the Seed Destiny thread so he would be a good addition to that site.

It is rather big, maybe it will become one of those boards that move really fast and in a matter of seconds you'll lose a thread.

Pros- It seems pretty cool so far and has some very well thought out posts, very similar to Gundam Watch where I have been able to learn more about obscure things like novels and such. I hope this will be the same way.
Cons- Mods are too strict, I saw threads getting locked for the most asanine reasons. If a thread goes even slightly off topic, it's dead. And I don't understand the point in that, it's only been around for a few days and there aren't many threads yet so it's not like they are wasting space since there is a lot of it at the moment. 

Oh and Zellgadus, I just saw your post at GOUF, I see you saw the cheap MG Dom at HOA as well. That was such a great deal, and I hope I get it very soon, I'll post my thoughts when I finish so we can chat about it. And I appreciate your kindness, good look with your journey into the world of Gunpla as well.  :)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 10:46:35 PM by Kairu de Large »

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005, 11:15:29 PM »
I am indeed Judau at GOUF as well... and I agree that the mods lock threads immediately... like did you read the thread on "What MS would you like to be given the MG Treatment" or whatever? In the model kit forum, obviously. I was about to post and it was locked... but it was on topic. O_o

It should be a wealth of info, and its cool seeing so many die hard fans... but you can easily loose yourself in the mess. Overall, I'll keep going, at least for a while... but I might end up stopping and just using it when I need info on something very specific.

Heh, and about imports... at least there is still a Destiny thread... the first post was rather amusing, though... about everyone either living in Japan or getting it on satelite and knowing Japanese... ^^;;;; Also, import kits and figures are obviously fine to talk about, but stay away from bootleg talk, that's probably worse than mentioning fansubs like I did (and I even followed up with licensing :()...

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2005, 01:12:17 AM »
I am indeed Judau at GOUF as well... and I agree that the mods lock threads immediately... like did you read the thread on "What MS would you like to be given the MG Treatment" or whatever? In the model kit forum, obviously. I was about to post and it was locked... but it was on topic. O_o

I did, and I really would have liked to post in that thread too.  :-\  That one is actually one of the ones I based my statement on, I saw nothing wrong with that thread as well. There were a few other completely stupid thread locks, one I can remember is where a few people joked around a bit and they claimed it was spam.. ::) Ah well, I'll stay for a while, but usually what drives me away from forums is asshole mods so I'm guessing if I leave it will be for that reason.

And like in Gundam Watch, I will always be late to put any of my input in threads since they move so fast, it always happens that everyone has said what I wanted to say already so I can never post. So that could also pose a problem in me staying. Mods aside, the members seem pretty nice so far and seem to know quite a bit. And indeed, there are too many with more kits than me now, at least here I was only in 3rd.  :P

I got my talking about imports being bad idea from one time where I mentioned I bought imports, most likely suggesting it was better, and got flamed. They said I should honor US releases otherwise they won't sell anything in America due to no one buying them, and made it seem like I was a horrible person for buying imports. If they are too friggin lazy to order online and US releases is all they have, thats their own problem. But I'm not going to over pay for poorer quality merchandise when I can import it over the internet, plus why the hell would I wait for them to release kits when they are already out in Japan just waiting for me to buy them? Well they got theirs, I have Zeta Gundam kits and they don't because Bandai cancelled them, HAH!

Anyway, I figured it would be a given that you can't imply that you don't buy official releases on the official message board, but still what they did to you seemed rather pointless...Destiny isn't even close to out yet after all.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 01:15:00 AM by Kairu de Large »

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2005, 06:44:32 AM »

Same here  :-\. The Mods are really too strict. What happened there Judau is that some people started posting theirs gundam kits and thus the moderators declared off topicness and locked the thread...

And Kairu, I have the same problem as well. There are way too many people and whatever you wanted to say, is already said. Or the time you write your post there are already three new replies. The same thing happened with a Golden Sun Forum (goldensun-syndicate) We were like 300 at the beginning then, 3 months later they were like 1200 or something and it was impossible to stay focused on something.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2005, 12:20:54 PM »
Anyway, I figured it would be a given that you can't imply that you don't buy official releases on the official message board, but still what they did to you seemed rather pointless...Destiny isn't even close to out yet after all.

I got my post deleted about MS Igloo, not Destiny.

And yeah, I'll just have to post further and see how I like it as it gets more and more people... its still only 2 days old. ^^;;

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2005, 01:30:23 PM »

I got my post deleted about MS Igloo, not Destiny.

And yeah, I'll just have to post further and see how I like it as it gets more and more people... its still only 2 days old. ^^;;

Opps, oh yeah >_>;, well what I said can still apply to IGLOO as well. I mean is IGLOO even liscensed? I know it's on DVD in Japan but I haven't heard anything about a stateside release, that would be pretty cool though.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2005, 03:38:43 PM »
No, its certainly not. And was it finally released? I thought it was still only in the Gundam Museum and hadn't been released outside there yet... I do hope it will get licensed though... I still would love them to throw Green Divers on to DVD too... if possible. :-\

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2005, 08:50:31 AM »
Wow, I'm really happy. There are a lot of people who actually paint their gundams like I do and I can exchange tips. Also there are a lot of people who know so many sites that help us out. I am currently thinking about opening a thread about Models you want and just can't seem to find. So people can post them and it would just speed up everything for everyone. I am also pondering if I'll buy those cheaps MG kits from Toys R us. do you think I should. The price isn't high at all...