Author Topic: Does anyone else like Rhode?  (Read 4434 times)

Offline Fiendish_Hellion

• Clean
  • "To take on this fiend is to take on hell itself"
Does anyone else like Rhode?
« on: April 01, 2005, 06:41:08 PM »
I know she's a bad character in the manga and what not, but I think she's really adorable and for some odd reason I was attracted to her the first time I saw her. I dont' mean attracted as in that kind of way, I mean like her personality just caught my attention. I don't know, maybe it's her child-like appearance enhanced with the morbidity(is that a word ???) of her facial features/clothing. Hm...am I missing anything? Anyways, any other Rhode Camelot fans out there?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2005, 01:32:26 PM by Fiendish_Hellion »

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
Re: Does anyone else like Rodo?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 09:30:21 PM »
She's not Brazilian, her name is Rhode.

Offline Reiyon

• Clean
  • "I know" isn't an argument...
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 03:12:40 AM »
Rhode's (maybe she wrote the name that way because it writes "ロード" - roodo... o.o;... Though timcanpi.net translates it as Rodo too) a girl? O_O New day, new discovery. Thougt she was a guy. XD
I'm not a big fan of Rhode but the character attracts me in some way though. Same as Nagi from Mai HiME. XD

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 09:47:08 AM »
Yes we considered using "Roodo", but usually, the "o" at the end of a Japanese romanization is intended to be silent when emulating a word in English (e.g. "Ed" = "edo").  Considering there are large European overtones in this manga, combined with the fact that her last name is Camelot (and even the fact that she's a member of Noah's family), "Roodo" or anything ending with a "-do" wouldn't cut it.  We considered naming her "Lord", but that seems a bit too prestigious of a name for a little brat  :P

Offline Cgoten

• Hmm....
  • Addict
  • Hmm....
    • Yanime
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 10:17:00 AM »
Yeah, when I was thinking of "Lord" I thought she was a guy. <_< It wasn't until the Valentine's Day poster that I realized she's a girl, lol. But yeah, I see no reason as to why it wouldn't be spelled "Rhode".

And, on the actual subject of the thread, I guess she's alright... Not really a favorite character of mine or anything.

Offline Fiendish_Hellion

• Clean
  • "To take on this fiend is to take on hell itself"
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 01:31:33 PM »
Oh sorry for spelling the name wrong *sweatdrops* well I corrected it.

Offline dragonsun5

• Clean
Re: Does anyone else like Rhode?
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 05:13:37 PM »
i think she's a kick ass character...of course i had no idea Rhode was a girl until the part where the umbrella said "mistress" and even then i was getting confused  :-X im just dumb

but ya...if i had to pick my favorite villain so far i would pick Rhode...she's just got this cynical thing going for her that kinda fits her personality...don't mind me i don't know what im saying >.> <.< >.<...gah!!

ok ill stop now... :-\

Offline lifegrd31

• Clean
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2005, 03:29:59 AM »
I personally love Rhode. I think she is one of the best characters in D.Grayman. I don't know how you guys could have confused her for a guy. When she has here first huge page, she is wearing a skirt. http://img163.echo.cx/img163/4069/dgraymanbw6oi.jpg Last time I checked it was a bit weird for a Japanese or European male to walk around in a skirt. I also liked how, in the current chapter (43), she made the Earl and the newly introduced Noah's Familiy member help her with her Homework. I cannot wait to see more Rhode!

Offline Cgoten

• Hmm....
  • Addict
  • Hmm....
    • Yanime
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2005, 02:43:20 PM »
I don't know how you guys could have confused her for a guy. When she has here first huge page, she is wearing a skirt. http://img163.echo.cx/img163/4069/dgraymanbw6oi.jpg Last time I checked it was a bit weird for a Japanese or European male to walk around in a skirt.

She refers to herself with "僕 (boku)" though, which is something that confused me. =/ I dunno, maybe I was thinking she was a cross-dresser. =p

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2005, 06:54:16 PM »
isn't "boku" gender neutral?

Offline Cgoten

• Hmm....
  • Addict
  • Hmm....
    • Yanime
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2005, 08:33:31 PM »
Maybe it's just cause i'm such a n00b, but I typically associate it as being a male thing. =/

Offline sarrah

• Clean
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005, 10:28:01 AM »
i love rhodes freaky smile! kyaaaa1 scares me, she's definately a lonely kid though, se often refers to allen as too kind, meaning shes been thru some bad experiences!

oh cant wait to see what happens next!