Author Topic: DMC3  (Read 1637 times)

Offline Cresk

• Clean
  • Semper Fi
DMC3
« on: March 29, 2005, 01:45:52 PM »
Well recently..(about a month ago) I bought Devil May Cry 3 and havent been able to put it down since. The game is eye blistering through and through.

From the very first opening movie to the ingame start you become pulled deeper and deeper within. The difference in this game compared to the older titles, mostly lies within the combo system, and styles. There are 4 starting styles to choose from with 2 more to unlock. I have yet to unlock the very last one but I have maxed out one of them.

they break the combo system down into words...

Dope, alright, sweet, showstopper.. and all that fun stuff. but with the ability to swap between 2 long range and 2 short range weapons at the click of a button makes getting higher combos much more fathomable.

Different styles have different comboes that you can do just because of the move sets that are embedded withing the style. Whether it be stepping on your opponants face and emptying about 10 rounds into his face then kicking him into a wall, or surfing around the room on a bad guy boogie board. The combo's stack up in cool ness and values.

The ones that I have currently seen are as follows.

Trickster (defualt) Leap around the battlefield giving yourself the upper hand over the enimies.

Swordmaster Using mostly powerful melee strikes you can deal much damage in short times. Anything from a sharp stab to spinning your sword like a propeller and dicing them into small peices.

Gunslinger This style focus' mostly on your guns (obviously) I have received 4 out of the X number of weapons and use Ebony & Ivory and Spiral ( A lage caliber rifle that fires slowly but deals massive amounts of damage. The other guns are the good old fashioned shotgun, and a demon weapon named Artemis, and a rocket launcher named Kalina Ann.

Royal Guard. Block enemy attacks using hand to hand combat techniques and return the strike with a physical strike of your own.

Quicksilver style. Control the flow of time. This style uses up your devil guage but slows enemies down to the point that you can dodge even the quickest attack with ease.

Doppleganger create a copy of yourself to attack the enemy twofold

As for difficulty... wow.. if you have played the first dmc on very hard.. then you have just about played DMC3 on normal It is almost garunteed that you will unlock easy mode before getting to mission 3.

Devil arms:

Rebellion (starting weapon)
Cerebus: Received after beating second boss
Agni & Rudra: Beat the two bosses Agni and Rudra later in the game
Nevan: The most odd weapon of them all. It is an electric guitar and you play notes to send electrified bats at your enemies
Beo Wulf: Replaces Ifrit from DMC1

You can unlock new costumes(skins) and if you use the one from DMC 1 you can use the Force edge

There is one final weapon but I have not beaten the game to see what it is. I am very close though.

Story line is wonderful. It fills in alot of different things from the first DMC that you never would have though. Introduces new characters in both humorous and in totally awsome ways.

in my eyes this game gets a 5/5 and is definately a must buy if you have ever played any of the previous games.

Offline Zackies

• Addict
  • Horray!
Re: DMC3
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 01:07:25 AM »
My friend got it. It's okay, pretty fun. I've never enjoyed the DMC series very much though.

Offline seorang

• Clean
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 08:46:22 PM »
Me and my flatmate are playing it atm. Guns seem to suck a whole lot though. I've got all five (up to the Bazooka), and I still find E&I the most useful.

Nevan is the bomb though.
Battle doesn't need a purpose.
The battle is its own purpose.
You don't ask why a field burns or a plague spreads.
Don't ask why I fight.

Vanity

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 02:55:42 AM »
I played it... got killed on the second mission... 6 times before I finally beat it barely...

SO now I'm just trying to level up my weapon skills and styles... I've given up actually trying to play it with skill >.<

Offline Xeno

• Artist in Training
  • Addict
  • O.o whut?
    • XenoVash.Devaintart.com
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2005, 07:30:20 PM »
I want to play this so bad......but I'm so broke that I couldn't buy the first one if I wanted

Offline Tenchido

• Addict
  • Nothing will change without will to take action
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2005, 08:29:14 PM »
I rented it at the moment. It's pretty fun actually. Right now I'm at the Ice Demon dog boss on mission 3. I wasted all the orbs I got from the stone by stocking up on heals. I should upgraded up weapons... and so I keep dying at the paws of that devil dog... -.-

Offline VW_Kidd

• Japan Bound
  • Addict
  • ...dakara...
    • Chained Bishounen
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 12:50:10 PM »
And I am left broke and underage while the rest of the board games away on awesome titles with violent, hot bishounen....alas! 'tis my curse!

To salve my sadness, I'm reading The Divine Comedy of Dante Alighieri (sp?).
My Myspace

Join Gaia today and tell them VW_Kid referred you.

cuteflyz89

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2005, 11:43:21 AM »
i have yet to play this game yet. but i will as soon as i play the other two. >>