Author Topic: *** SPOILERS *** Chapter 150 RAW discussion  (Read 7161 times)

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
Re: *** SPOILERS *** Chapter 150 RAW discussion
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2005, 12:51:17 AM »
Yeah, maybe Aya will do as you say but I know people like Aya- very timid and shy- but when they reach their breakingpoint, they snap like crazy. Anyway, I don't think she'll go into a rage but maybe she'll finally be able to assert herself like when she tried to imitate Satsuki a while back (in the club room and Junpei happened to walk in on her).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 12:51:37 AM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2005, 06:21:45 AM »
I think she would probably introduce him as her brother or if she walks away.  The brother would say something that would let them know that he is her brother. Simple enough ;)

If Aya doesn't have 1508 then are we really close to the end?  Perhaps we won't find out if she has 1508 until her novel is done (if it isn't done already and I've missed it)?

G-thugin it up.

Offline iodoethane

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2005, 07:26:10 AM »
I think her novel is still on-going, there hasn't been mention of it for a while... but we'll definitely find out what her number is in the next few chapters, if it's going to happen. No point delaying that, since it only relates to the school festival.

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2005, 07:43:08 AM »
you say why not delay and just to play devil's advocate I how about a delay. ;)  If she decides to run away crying and or just leave the festival that would be something on Junpei's mind. Plus the whole brother angle would exposed most likely.  Everything would be going straight to wards an Aya ending (IMO) if they do delay it.  A maneuver like that would really be a shot to Tsukasa's confidence as well. Then maybe a couple days later she would bring the novel for him to read using the 1508 slip as a book mark. ;) boooooyaaaaa

But we don't know thats whats great about it. :p

G-thugin it up.

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2005, 08:33:48 AM »
I think she would probably introduce him as her brother or if she walks away.  The brother would say something that would let them know that he is her brother. Simple enough ;)

If Aya doesn't have 1508 then are we really close to the end?  Perhaps we won't find out if she has 1508 until her novel is done (if it isn't done already and I've missed it)?

That would be consistent with Aya's personality but wouldn't something like this be more interesting:

---------------------------------------

Junpei: Toujou. . . .

Aya: Um, Manaka . . . .

Both Tsukasa and Shotaro notice the weird vibe between the Aya and Junpei.

Shotaro: Hey, who is this guy?

Either Aya starts introducing Junpei or Junpei introduces himself and mentions he and Aya worked on the student film being exhibited today. Shotaru scoffs at this and tells Junpei that he is responsible for putting useless ideas in his SISTER's head. This shocks both Junpei and Tsukasa. Shotaro continues to disparage Junpei and Junpei starts getting ticked off. Junpei starts to retort but Aya says something- softly at first.

Aya: Shut-up, Shotaro.

Shotaro: What?

Suddenly, everything comes to a head inside Aya- Junpei, the boy she has had feelings for more than three years is really out of her reach now plus her brother always treating her like she didn't know anything and now to insult her and Junpei's final work together. . . .

Aya: I said shut-up, Shotaro! I am the older sister! I make my own decisions! And I will not have you disrespecting me or my friends.

Aya turns around and leaves the stunned trio of Junpei, Tsukasa, and Shotaro.

So, in one fell swoop, the brother angle is revealed, Aya finally shows some assertiveness (and probably gains a lot of self-respect as well as the respect of the readers), and makes Tsukasa more nervous (about Junpei). Well, not that I'm critisizing Kawashita-san but, that's how I would write it :D.

Oh, and the 1508 bookmark (for Aya's novel) was a nice touch. Maybe Junpei doesn't see it until years later but maybe Kawashita-san will probably go for a simpler revelation like the number falling out Toujou's locker when Aya goes to get her shoes the next day and Junpei just happens to be there. Or maybe it'll happen that same day when Aya takes her brother to see the film (assuming, of course, that they're still o speaking terms after meeting with Junpei and Tsukasa).

Aya taking her brother to see the film also opens up another possibility: Misuzu and Shotaro- they're both in the same grade and they have similar personalities.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 10:43:12 AM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline iodoethane

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2005, 08:51:41 AM »
you say why not delay and just to play devil's advocate I how about a delay. ;)  If she decides to run away crying and or just leave the festival that would be something on Junpei's mind. Plus the whole brother angle would exposed most likely.  Everything would be going straight to wards an Aya ending (IMO) if they do delay it.  A maneuver like that would really be a shot to Tsukasa's confidence as well. Then maybe a couple days later she would bring the novel for him to read using the 1508 slip as a book mark. ;) boooooyaaaaa

But we don't know thats whats great about it. :p

Haha, yeah that's possible too, she might get the slip with 1508 but not know the significance, since she doesn't know Manaka's no. But then she might not keep a slip of paper that long. Oh well, we'll have to wait to find out ^^

Offline iodoethane

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2005, 08:55:10 AM »
Hmm Misuzu and Shotaro doesn't match up that well in my mind, unlike Satsuki and Amachi, but yeah it's hard to say how they'll get along, if they do meet ^^ I still just don't see Aya flaring up though, but it is possible.

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2005, 09:29:15 AM »
Well, if you think about it, the have similar ascerbic personalities and they are both strong-willed :D. Shotaro doesn't like girls who are too 'girly' (see first volume). Misuzu isn't exactly Miss Tactful or Miss Finessl. In fact, she is the only other assertive personality aside from Satsuki (and hence, the source of their conflict). They both care for Aya very much- Shotaro because she is his sister and he probably knows how trusting she can be so he tries to protect her in every way he can. Misuzu because she looks up to Aya for her talents and also, because she is a woman, realizes what Aya is going through. If there is someone else beside Aya that can convince Shotaro that the best thing for Aya is to let her make her own decisions (even if it'll end up hurting her) is probably Misuzu.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 09:30:08 AM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2005, 10:35:12 AM »

That would be consistent with Aya's personality but wouldn't something like this be more interesting:

Junpei: Toujou. . . .

Aya: Um, Manaka . . . .

Both Tsukasa and Shotaro notice the weird vibe between the Aya and Junpei.

Shotaro: Hey, who is this guy?

Either Aya starts introducing Junpei or Junpei introduces himself and mentions he and Aya worked on the student film being exhibited today. Shotaru scoffs at this and tells Junpei that he is responsible for putting useless ideas in his SISTER's head. This shocks both Junpei and Tsukasa. Shotaro continues to disparage Junpei and Junpei starts getting ticked off. Junpei starts to retort but Aya says something- softly at first.

Aya: Shut-up, Shotaro.

Shotaro: What?

Suddenly, everything comes to a head inside Aya- Junpei, the boy she has had feelings for more than three years is really out of her reach now plus her brother always treating her like she didn't know anything and now to insult her and Junpei's final work together. . . .

Aya: I said shut-up, Shotaro! I am the older sister! I make my own decisions! And I will not have you disrespecting me or my friends.

Aya turns around and leaves the stunned trio of Junpei, Aya, and Tsukasa.

That would be a better angle if Aya's personality is to grow.  Actually that would be the best angle for her actually.  The whole slip of paper would be nice to see.  But another way that could be brought into play is for Tsukasa to see it.  Maybe after the whole Festival Aya and Tsukasa talk about something (anything really possibly her performance in the movie) and then Aya drops the slip and Tsukasa sees it and realizing that its the same (if in fact it is the same as Junpei's. Just talking after all).  Probably ending a chapter like that would be sick.

G-thugin it up.

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2005, 10:45:41 AM »
I don't think Aya has gotten to her school locker yet- she probably just arrived with her brother but there's nothing stopping her from going there and finding her number :D.

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2005, 11:05:01 AM »
perhaps she has passed by the locker already?  ??? damn the possibilities are endless. :)

G-thugin it up.

Offline dEvIlDuDe

• Clean
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2005, 11:43:58 AM »
Man reading all this is Killing me!!! heh

Offline negitoro

• Clean
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2005, 08:04:21 PM »
Just as a quick note to all the guessing...

I don't think everyone's supposed to find the pair of the number that they have, but rather, they each have a unique number and the person gets a number generated at the booth. So in this case, if it's was 'fated' Aya would generate her match and get 1508 and Manaka's number out of the system would be whatever number Aya has.

So if anything, this is simply one of those plot devices that just show Aya and Manaka are 'meant to be', have them get a 'near miss' and frustrates the hell out of the reader  ;D

My prediction is that we'll find out what Aya's number is, but Manaka will never find out that it was his number.

Offline iodoethane

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2005, 09:31:22 PM »
Well it's not exactly like that, each person only has one number, and it was explained that for students, their number will have been placed in their locker, while for non-students, they'll go to the booth (like Tsukasa did) to get a number. That was what the other 2 guys were trying to get her to do before Manaka showed up.

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2005, 01:23:45 PM »
If Aya was to have the same number Junpei would have to find out eventually.  In so weird way too. XD

G-thugin it up.