Author Topic: *** SPOILERS *** Chapter 150 RAW discussion  (Read 7172 times)

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
*** SPOILERS *** Chapter 150 RAW discussion
« on: March 25, 2005, 09:05:22 AM »
Did anyone notice that in the couple compatibility booth, Junpei and Satsuki's compatibility rating (1508) was more than five times higher than Junpei and Tsukasa's rating (274)- they didn't even pass the bare minimum to be a couple.

Also, because of Misuzu, Junpei finally realized that Aya had feelings for him but reasoned that was probably all in the past by now (especially due to last chapter's events). He leaves Misuzu in the projector room saying he'd better meet up with Tsukasa or else she might get angry at him.

It was another cliffhanger as Aya (with her brother) saw Junpei and Tsukasa holding hands. I think it was also a shock for Junpei and Tsukasa to see Aya with another guy (abeit he IS Aya's brother). That being said, I still want to see Aya and Junpei's compatibility rating. And aslo with Yui, and Kozue (remember that these ratings are comming from the Kawashita herself, although this should be no indication of the actual ending :D). Maybe Aya and Junpei will eventually get thier compatibility rating and if it's enough, might casue one of them to actually admit their feelings for each other. But how will that work since Junpei is still with Tsukasa?

I'll try to give a more concise explanation later on, but for now, this is the biggest impression I got from the current chapter.

So, the question is what happens when Junpei finds out that the guy is actually Aya's brother. Will he start to question his reason for being with Tsukasa?

I have the feeling the manga won't make it past this volume- we're probably seeing the last five to six chapters. Another volume would be pushing it and two more more volumes would REALLY be pushing it. Maybe the mangaka would like to end it before the anime series gets too much underway so that fans are not split between the manga and the anime series. It would be to Kawashita's advantage, especially if she gets royalties for every episode.

JaisBane,

How about another Nihingo lesson after I post some translations (I want to concentrate on Misuzu and Junpei's conversation as well as what was being said during their time in the couple compatibility booth)?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 05:12:27 PM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
Re: *** SPOILERS *** Chapter 150 RAW discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 09:15:31 PM »
hmm so that is what was going on in the booth huh? I gathered it wasn't a rating with Tsukasa of course lol.  But yeah I think we are close to the end as well.  Without a doubt if they have cut down on the fan service and started to expand on the story.  I'm sure in the next chapter there will be some explainations given and feelings hurt.

O yeah I have a feeling they will probably win the competition this year.  ;D

G-thugin it up.

Offline dEvIlDuDe

• Clean
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 01:34:42 PM »
This is kind of Off Topic sorry for this but curious... the Raws from Manga Tonix arent the ones the scanlators gonna use right?? they'll scan it themselves right??

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 01:39:54 PM »
Yeah. I think the scanslators wait for the compiled volumes to come out before scanning. Plus, the quality of the RAW manga (direct for Shonen Jump) when scanned is just horrible (must be the paper they use)- I can barely make out most of the furigana for this chapter so I had to resort to counting strokes for most of the kanji. And, boy, is this issue loaded with kanji- just check out the scenes where Junpei and Tsukasa have their compatibility rating taken.

Offline da MiGHTy pLUm!

• Slightly Buzzed
  • I like t'ings...
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 03:25:19 PM »
we buy the books ourselves and scan them ourselves.
Have Fun Doing What You're Doing.

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2005, 08:41:17 PM »
Actually, it's the ink quality that makes jump so terrible for scans, but it's also what makes it so cheap
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!

Offline pcg1001

• Clean
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2005, 08:54:06 PM »
i havent seen jump in japan, but i do read the jump in america as well as the online scanalations. It seems that jump uses like, newspaper material for their pages, so yea it really isnt great to scan with. On the other hand, the volumes themselves are so damn small!! argh i cant even read some of the words soemtimes. Well, thats why scanalations from yanime are great!

Offline iodoethane

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 06:44:23 AM »
Erm, AmbiDextrose, I think you got it wrong: the numbers (1508 for manaka and 247 for tsukasa) doesn't represent how compatible they are or anything, it's just their number, and they're supposed to look for a someone with the same number who'll supposedly be most compatible with them (according to the calculations of a machine. I'm sure you know how reliable it is then). Manaka is 1508, and Satsuki was disappointed because that wasn't her number. So (again according to that computer) neither of them are compatible with Manaka.

Offline iodoethane

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005, 06:54:26 AM »
As for the conversation between Misuzu and Manaka, there was nothing to indicate that he thought Aya's feelings for him are in the past. I think he's starting to suspect that something is wrong, because what Misuzu told him (that Aya has liked him for a long time) makes sense, explaining why she ran away crying the previous night and why she wasn't in school earlier, but he didn't really know what to make of it because he thought Aya already had a boyfriend. Also, he didn't say that Tsukasa was going to get angry; he asked Misuzu if she was angry with him, for wanting to go and show Tsukasa around. Misuzu replied that she wasn't angry, not for that anyway, if anything she was only angry with Manaka for not realising that Aya likes him.

Naturally there won't be any "compatibility ratings" between Manaka and the girls, like I explained above, because each person only has one number and it's either a match-or-miss... possibly Aya's number may also be 1508 (just my feeling), if she actually goes and get one.

Offline iodoethane

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2005, 07:00:04 AM »
Oh one last thing there was no "minimum rating" to be a couple; the thing there was that if 2 persons went there with the same number (meaning they are supposedly compatible with each other), they'll be able to enter a lucky draw to win prizes. But Manaka decided not to bother with that since he already had Tsukasa, thus no need to go searching for the girl with 1508.

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2005, 08:24:04 AM »
Yep. I'm starting to see that as I'm getting more into the translation. I'll post some of the more relevant conversations when I'm done fighting with my kanji :D. The part when Misuzu and Manaka were talking- when he takes his leave, I read "Nishino" and "angry" but didn't see the particle :).
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 08:30:20 AM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2005, 06:20:36 PM »
That was what I figured at first (refering to the # thing) just by his reaction of tearing up the paper.  But From what we've seen little things like this would shake Tsukasa's confidence.  god forebid Aya turns out to have the other 1508 slip.  Wait imagine if Aya's brother has the corisponding number for Tsukasa.  :o

Will this really be a happy ending??  ::)

G-thugin it up.

Offline iodoethane

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2005, 12:07:28 AM »
Lol, no I don't think Aya's brother would get 247, that'll be too strange ^^ Well it's not impossible I suppose...

Aya just might get 1508 though, well that's assuming she bothers to go get her number. Oh wait it'll be in her locker, since all the students in the school got a number, that means we just have to wait for her to go look at her locker. I'm guessing her number will indeed be 1508 :D

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2005, 12:20:56 AM »
Why do I get the feeling that Aya is about to explode, particularly on her younger brother. Ever since, he has acted as if he were the older sibling. Perhaps in this setting, in front of her peers, Aya will finally assert herself. It'd be really interesting if Junpei and/or Tsukasa are/is able to witness it.

Anyway, I've translated around 15 pages in about 1.5 days. There are some relevant points I'd like to bring up once I'm comfortable with my translations. And yes, I get the feeling that Aya is the other 1508 number-holder.

However, what about the other girls? It'd be interesting if Misuzu, Yui or Kozue (eventhough Yui and Kozue are from different schools) pops up and gets the 1508 number. . . Also, I wonder if Amachi and Satsuki's number will match? Perhaps they'll be the ones to win the grand prize. . . .

Offline iodoethane

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2005, 12:41:19 AM »
Hey that's something I had been thinking about too! I keep feeling like Satsuki and Amachi should go together; they seem made for each other :D

Hmm for Aya though I doubt she'll go into a rage, she's too restrained and timid. Most likely what'll happen is she'll give her blessings to Tsukasa and Manaka for getting together again, and introduce her brother to them, whereupon Manaka will realise his mistake (about Aya having a BF that is). Either that or she'll run away crying. I don't think she will though, since she already learnt the previous night that Tsukasa and Manaka were together. So maybe she'll just go away in embarassment...

anything