Author Topic: God of War  (Read 1639 times)

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
God of War
« on: March 24, 2005, 03:26:46 PM »
Now this is what console gaming is all about.  The graphics are outstanding, the framerate is silky smooth, the gameplay is intuitive and deep, the music and art direction are amazing, the story is gripping, and best of all there are next to no load times.  Even on my ps2 that I bought on launch day that has a dying laser and won't play an rpg or cinema for more than 5 minutes without skipping, I've only encoutered 1 load screen.  This game really is too awesome to describe here, so I will say that if you have a ps2 you must play this game.  The only fault this game has are some annoying platform sequences and uninspired puzzles.  The makers of Prince of Persia need to take a good look at this game to see how to make an intuitive battle system and how to make a dark/mature storyline that is actually compelling and not utterly trite and cliche.  Pure awesomeness.
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!

Offline clash

• Addict
  • You got beef?!
    • My Pulitzer Prize winning blog
Re: God of War
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 02:39:04 PM »
good to hear it. i read the reviews, and it definitely sounds awesome. i'm gonna go rent it tomorrow. heard it's a little short (about 10 hours) so i won't be buying it. anyway, i'll tell you what i think of it later in the week.

2PAC IS STILL ALIVE!!1124213132!!! FOTOGRAFIC PRUF!!LOL!2 http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=FOOL_STREET_21

Offline clash

• Addict
  • You got beef?!
    • My Pulitzer Prize winning blog
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 07:06:57 PM »
yes indeed, this game kicks quite a lot of ass. it's all that JaisBane said and more. the best part of this game is the perfect controls, coupled with one of the best combat systems ever. everything just works, and there's nothing clunky in here, it's all nice and fluid. you're in the middle of an attack, but the enemy you're fighting starts attacking and you want to block? no problem, just hit the block button an your character will immediately block. the game just flows right off of your fingertips. think Zone of the Enders and you'll know what i'm talking about. don't be lazy, if you own a PS2, get this game ASAP. you definitely won't be dissapointed.

2PAC IS STILL ALIVE!!1124213132!!! FOTOGRAFIC PRUF!!LOL!2 http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=FOOL_STREET_21

Offline SlimShady

• eiriesmi
  • Clean
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 11:00:42 PM »
Theres just no arguing that the god of war is the most bad ass character in any game ever. I mean when hes not out there constantly kicking everythings ass, hes slamming some chick in the ass, or ripping parts off things cuz hes just an ass like that.

10/10 for God of War just cuz the guy is such a bad ass.

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Look me up at #White_base and #Zg-fansubs at Rizon
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 02:08:45 PM »
It is a good game. I think that mainly it's good, because of the gameplay and graphics. Furthermore, the story is really captivating and deep. I give this game a very high rating (8.4/10). Now I would like to say that people have to write constructive comments. Then again with people like slimshady there is no hope for that.

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Vanity

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 02:57:14 AM »
Its an awesome game, I'm never bored with it.  I switched to Spartan (Hard) mode and played it all the way.  The challenge made it more fun in fact.  Now attempting God Difficulty.

Offline Vukasa

• Clean
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 08:51:24 AM »
i just like the thought of being a Hercules with no conscience...
To accomplish your ultimate goal is to find true happiness.

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 10:50:51 AM »
I have the demo for this game, I haven't played it tho....maybe I should....

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline VW_Kidd

• Japan Bound
  • Addict
  • ...dakara...
    • Chained Bishounen
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2005, 02:26:54 PM »
How's the Blood and Gore rating on God of War going?
My Myspace

Join Gaia today and tell them VW_Kid referred you.