Author Topic: *** SPOILERS *** Chapter 149 RAW discussion  (Read 5421 times)

Offline da MiGHTy pLUm!

• Slightly Buzzed
  • I like t'ings...
Re: *** SPOILERS *** Chapter 149 RAW discussion
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2005, 07:23:56 AM »
You guys should provide some kinda of notepad scripts to unscanlated chaps so some can catch up:p We dl the raws then we read the notepad(translated) scripts... hehe

The staff will not provide translations/summaries/scripts to any of our work for anyone.  This is group policy.
Have Fun Doing What You're Doing.

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2005, 08:45:49 AM »
@AmbiDextrose

oic How the plot thickens huh?  Damn so its sooo totally wide open huh?  How could she lose Amachi though?  He is sooo into her.  But I guess she has changed of course I haven't gone through all the Raws as of yet.

oo yeah thanx for the info. *doesn't read japanese*

G-thugin it up.

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2005, 09:18:13 AM »
Although Amachi seems to care a lot for Aya and it looks like he would be the logical choice for her, their personalities are at opposite ends of the spectrum. Amachi's personality is too dominant for Aya that he'll probably make all the decisions for her- witness what he tried to do when he confronted Aya regarding her feelings for Junpei (CH110 or 111?). If this happens, Aya won't be able to mature at all. Remember what Haruka (Aya's older cousin) said: Aya needs someone who is gentle and reliable. Although it may not look like it right now, Junpei is the only character that has both attributes (remember that Junpei's relaiability was tested during the Yui arc). To his credit, Junpei always tries to do his best, even with him being such a thick-headed dumbass. And I don't think Haruka was refering to "reliability" per se- I think it was more along the lines of "trustworthyness" and that was why she tired to tempt Junpei into touching her breasts. So, the other question is will Aya still trust Junpei after what he revealed to her in CH149?

The only other personality that can stand up to Amachi's is Satsuki's. Plus, it's a common plot device- with Amachi and Satsuki now scheming together to break-up Junpei and Aya (whom they think now has a boyfriend), they begin to fall for one another. Remember that Amachi actually understands Satsuki (he said this to her after they had a discussion in the boy's bathroom) so it's not such a far-fetched idea. But I don't see this happening until we're close to the end of the series- the mangaka still has to build-up for the climax so she still has to keep us guessing.

And I'm still trying to learn how to read Nihingo. At this point, I'm still lightyears from writing and speaking.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 09:59:54 AM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2005, 10:08:55 AM »
Damn you know I forgot about the whole Older cousin chapter.  Those are great points about the personalities don't match up, btw. ;)

Aya not trusting Manaka after this I don't think its a matter of trusting Manaka himself.  I think she will try to forget herself somewhere in this.  Possibly the end of her novel? ???  There are SO many different directions this could go.

Then there is Tsukasa, she knows about Aya liking Junpei (how does she know and he doesn't? lol).  Junpei seems as though he is set for the moment.  But does she feel inferior to Aya?  that is what I've seen from when they took that first test for high school.  Possibly its the similar dreams that bind Junpei and Aya. *thinks*

Good luck with Nihingo I'm sure you'll be able to grasp it in due time.

G-thugin it up.

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2005, 10:36:46 AM »
Yes. Actually, I think both girls feel inferior towards each other. In Tsukasa's case, this was proven in by how she was affected when she saw the clip of Aya confessing to Junpei's character even though Junpei chose her to be his girlfriend. I think this is why Tsukasa has always worked so hard on their relationship- she knows Junpei and Aya share something tangiable together- the three movies and their mutual goal- while all she and Junpei share are experiences. I think Tsukasa wants to have something concrete that both of them can share together (maybe that's why she was willing to have sex with Junpei when they broke in into their old middleschool). Aya, on the otherhand, has always been self-deprecating. Even Junpei told her she had to change this when they were trapped together (naked) in the outhouse during the filming of the second movie. She'll end up blaming herself for this turn of events.

Dude, EVERYONE knows Aya likes Junpei- from Komiyama to Sotomura. I don't get why the lead character has to always be a dense idiot.

Oh, one last thought: can you just imagine if Junpei ends up with Haruka? He'll have the best of all worlds- she looks like Aya and probably just as sweet but is more self-confident, more mature than Tsukasa, and probably as or even more agressive than Satsuki. And MAYBE a little perverse just like Kozue. . . . she's actually my choice :D.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 10:42:39 AM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline dEvIlDuDe

• Clean
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2005, 11:50:46 AM »
Reply to your one last thot Ambi... If he did end up with Haruka maybe yeh for some months it'll be all happy happy but after that they'll prolly get tired and end up lonely... I still kinda rooting for Tsukasa now(After reading your fanfic and thots about her)... I think they'll be happy together... If he end up with Aya he better have the quality of Tsukasa where he leads Aya in the relationship if he does not they might end up in silence and be talkin bout movies and novels forever... Yah I think he's the guy that needs to be lead to get on action(like Tsukasa does)...

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2005, 12:03:35 PM »
Yes. Actually, I think both girls feel inferior to wards each other. In Tsukasa's case, this was proved in by how she was affected when she saw the clip of Aya confessing to Junpei's character even though Junpei chose her to be his girlfriend. I think this is why Tsukasa has always worked so hard on their relationship- she knows Junpei and Aya share something tangible together- the three movies and their mutual goal- while all she and Junpei share are experiences.

Great points again, the only reason I don't consider Tsukasa's effect on Aya is that Aya just doesn't do much of anything.  She tries in her own ways but she tries to help other people all the time.  Amachi told her that she would only end up hurting herself in the end and that has played out true so far.  Tsukasa has already broken up with Junpei before so I think she feels more pressure in the grand scheme of things.

Dude, EVERYONE knows Aya likes Junpei- from Komiyama to Sotomura. I don't get why the lead character has to always be a dense idiot.

I don't mind his denseness as much as I mind his Indecisiveness.  It has taken him 140+ chapters to finally make a stand whatever the circumstances my be he made a stand.  If he is able to finally stand up for what he thinks he wants that would be great.

I sort of lost interest in the series for awhile when I had to take some midterms 2 weeks ago. I then drifted to reading other mangas (still keeping up with the updates but not as pumped as I use to be) then recently I read "Lilim Kiss".  I got pumped for Ichigo again for many reasons like similar character designs and what not.  But the decisiveness of the main character (after only 2 volumes lol) and his coolness. I thought to myself if only Junpei was a little more like that he would be badass.  I think he is making strides.  He isn't there yet but he is soon to be.  ;D

G-thugin it up.

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2005, 10:54:24 PM »
Great points again, the only reason I don't consider Tsukasa's effect on Aya is that Aya just doesn't do much of anything.  She tries in her own ways but she tries to help other people all the time.  Amachi told her that she would only end up hurting herself in the end and that has played out true so far.  Tsukasa has already broken up with Junpei before so I think she feels more pressure in the grand scheme of things.

Hmmm? What do you mean? Tsukasa does affect Aya. It was pretty evident during the time Junpei and Tsukasa first started going out together. Also, remember that for the longest time, Aya was this very introverted girl. Only when she met Junpei did she open up to a wider set of friends. Thus, she is still on the path of self-discovery and personal growth so she still very self-concious and probably feels inferior to others, especially one as popular and pretty as Tsukasa. Most of the stuff she's going through probably didn't cross her mind at all so she's trying to cope the best she could while trying to sort out her feeling and finding a place for her self in the grand scheme of things. Things sort of relaxed a bit after Aya found out that they had broken up.

I think the reason Amachi said what he said was because he saw that Aya was very trusting (of Junpei). Well, she does becuase that (trust) is the basis of their relationship. Aya trusts Junpei so much that she is willing to let him read and critique the only work that has really mattered to her- her novel (AND she got naked in front of him during that storm). Even Tsukasa doesn't know about the it. That is something exclusively between them. Somehow, I think that for Aya, the novel becomes the external manifestation of her feelings for Junpei because Junpei appreciates her for it- this is what she knows. She doesn't know that Junpei actually likes her for who she is- that he actually started liking her before her transformation. I think that's the great irony of their relationship- they like each other for all the right reasons but can't just go out and openly express it (to each other) out of fear that the other one might not feel the same way. Thus, thier relationship is always at a stand-still.

There is only one solution to this- one of them must take the responsibility of being honest with the other person about his/her feeling for the other. This is a sure sign of maturity since it means accepting the possibility that the other person might NOT feel the same way he/she does. In this regard, I think Manaka should take the lead because all throughout the series, it has been the girls taking all the risks. Plus, it would show that Junpei has reached a level of maturity where he can probably take the lead in a relationship- something that he needs to cultivate if he ever ends up with Aya.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 11:53:30 PM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2005, 09:17:51 PM »
I'm not saying that it does get to Aya.  But she just isn't at that stage to be bothered as much.  I don't know I know she holds alot in but she isn't selfish enough to worry about it.  I don't know its hard to explain but she hasn't gone out with Junpei broken up him and etc...

I dunno I think Tsukasa is more affected for some reason. Definately not a stalemate.

G-thugin it up.

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2005, 11:17:40 PM »
Actually, she is. Look at her reaction in CH149. Also, back when Tsukasa never came back after telling Aya she was going to get a soda (part of the chapter where they break into their old middleschool and almost have sex), Aya was quite uneasy. And I wouldn't imagine her not to be affected: basically, she has held out for this one guy for more than three years- that is a huge emotional investment considering Aya's personality- without haing it returned to her. She's also still very insecure about herself- that much is obvious. So, eventhough it isn't overtly stated that Aya isn't deeply affected by Tsukasa's influence on Jupei, I'm pretty sure that deep down, she is.

Tsukasa is acting insecure because she knows that Aya and Junpei share something special. She doesn't even need to know about the novel- the three movies are a testament to their relationship and what it could be. I think she desperately wants to have what Aya has with Junpei- something they share that could be called their own- maybe that's whay she's willing to have sex with Junpei (as I've sais before).

I was actually surprised by Tsukasa's reaction when she saw the clip of Aya- she imagined the OLD Aya complete with braids and dorky eye-wear because she knew back then that Aya has feelings for Junpei- and she could tell by the clip that this hasn't changed. She also knew that Junpei had feelings for Aya even during the time they were going out. That was why he was always so distant- because he was thinking of Aya. She even said it herself that she couldn't win against Aya if she went head-to-head against her and hence her reason for going to Oumi Academy. And I think that is why Tsukasa had to play the grown-up in their relationship and lead Junpei through it- because she realized that if she just stood around, Junpei will eventually get together with Aya.

I think Tsukasa is there to help Junpei grow and mature so that eventually, he'll be able to take the lead in a relationship. Case in point: although Tsukasa taught Junpei the basics of how to swim, in CH126, he ends up using and even exponding on those skills to in order to save Aya when she tries to save him from drowning.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 11:26:52 PM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2005, 08:48:29 PM »
yeah I just browsed through 150 raw.  I dunno but does it seem like the series coming to the end soon? ??? Some Fan Service but not as much as there use to be and of course more advancment in the plot.

G-thugin it up.

Offline JackGrover

• Koudanshi
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • I wish I could just combine all the girls into one
    • Keystone Collie Club, Inc.
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2005, 10:16:39 AM »
OK, I'm sending this thread to "Cliff Notes" so they can make me a book called "Japanese for BIG dummies" *LOL*

Keep up the superb work everyone!  I know I, for one, am immensely enlightened by your knowledge and willingness to help/share.

Domo Arigato
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 06:03:58 AM by JackGrover »

The arrival of Spring brings with it thoughts of...

anything