Author Topic: critiques wanted!!  (Read 2010 times)

Offline 01kcurrie

• Clean
critiques wanted!!
« on: March 19, 2005, 12:25:13 PM »
I havent been drawing long and im not very good but i would really appreaciate any advice. My website has all my pics on the address is www.notbored.piczo.com thanks.

Offline PrinJess

• Cloud of Nightmares
  • Addict
  • Eh? Hrmm...
    • Ocean Healer
Re: critiques wanted!!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 01:40:38 PM »
Hmm...very hard to say. You're not bad. Of course you could do a little bit more with your bodies (either making them more feminine or masculine) and the drawing of the girl on the very bottom has a deep face. Make it more rounder and the chin less pointy. 

Swim upsteam, for the beginning starts there.

Offline Blue

• Clean
  • Sorry, I got lost on a path known as life.~Kakashi
    • Alex's Xanga Journal
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 02:03:38 PM »
That first pic with the blond-haired neko looking person, there's too much shading on the nose, making it a bit lighter next time. Other than that, they're fine.

Offline 01kcurrie

• Clean
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 01:08:01 AM »
Yer i know bout the nose. But that pic of the girl isnt actually manga which is why it looks abit weird. I can remember which style it is supposed to be. I am trying to find a big enough scanner as most of my full body pics are on A3.

Offline Suzaku

• Clean
  • Bluburty
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2005, 10:09:53 AM »
i think they're all pretty good so dont think im just bashing them or anything, but there a good amount of things i can see that could use some work on. the second one has kind of a wide face and neck and a flate head. like if u shaved their head, they wouldnt have all of their head. the 5th one just has a few body stucture problems which im sure you can see like the shoulders being too flat. the last two are good except for the ears being up too high and the last ones hair parting line being indented too much which makes it look like her head isnt all there. other than that theres just some proportion stuff that i dont feel like pointing out, but im sure you'll fix it as you draw more
Hide you faceu.

Offline Mitsukago

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Oro?
    • Save Sci-Fi
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 03:38:11 PM »
My 2 cents. 

You have a good eye for drawing. Not picturesque but as a "rookie" great!  My BEST advice for you is draw ALOT!  Draw draw draw and when your fingers bleed, draw with blood! I PROMISE you, your art will shine. 

Specifics? Some proportions are not right, time and experience changes that. Some edges are out of place, too round or too square, too sharp or too dull.  Again time changes this.  Well done with the eyes.  Need more practice with shading, not much though.  ^_^

Here is a GREAT peice of advice.  Draw things around you or people or anything, but do it with one eye closed.  It looks like your most difficult problem is seeing a 3D object in 2D. You should even imagine looking at your subject with one eye when you are drawing from your own thoughts. 

I really look forward to seeing more of your art!  ^_^  Keep it going.

Save Sci-Fi Science, Imagination and innovation. Supporting Sci-Fi is our specialty.

noodle

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 01:44:05 AM »
Okay,well I highly recommend watching out for the faces ( not to be a jerk) , but I have to say for a rookie your anatomy is impressive beats the hell out of mine ;) (when I was a rookie)

Offline Ichi

• Clean
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2005, 11:11:53 AM »
most of them r good but they r weird i dont know maybe its just me but thers something i dont lie its lik´ya were forced to drow ya should let yo hand more free
I'm really me, does my life belongs to me, do i really exist or am i just a puppet of da puppeteer or what people call God.

Chaos

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2005, 11:18:11 AM »
GAHHHH! MY EYES!! THEY BURN!!  :P
j/k. nj on the pics.