Author Topic: Favorite Character(s)?  (Read 7766 times)

Offline Draconis

• Clean
Favorite Character(s)?
« on: March 17, 2005, 12:12:54 AM »
Hi. I just wanted to say first off, thanks for scanning School Rumble... I haven't read alot of it yet, (still only in Volume2) But i'm finding it most enjoyable.

Anyways I thought I'd like to ask who everyone's favorite characters were and why. You don't needa say why but its always good to know. Plus it could describe your own personality. Because there are just so many different characters in the series that everyone should have a favorite or two(...maybe even three or four, depending).

Personally I really enjoy Harima Kenji and Yakumo Tsukamoto. I became an instant Harima fan after the segment where they show him wanting to be a mangaka :o. Totally Awesome ;D. And who doesn't love a Bad-Ass/ soft-hearted character. And he enjoys curry. As for Yakumo, well I just find her character to be more amusing. That and even though she is the younger sister, I see her as more mature.

Offline SweetMidori

• Clean
  • Duwa~!!
Re: Favorite Character(s)?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 10:07:22 AM »
Probably Tenma, although most people don't like her..
I love her naive and helpful personality.

Harima, of course. I just love how stupid he can be..
But, at the same time.. I really want to punch him!

Him and Tenma are the King and Queen of Mistakes.

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 10:27:28 AM »
My fav characters I think would have to be Mikoto-chan (so funny), Harima-san, Eri-chan, and Tenma-chan

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Hostile

• Clean
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 02:08:59 PM »
Eri, Harima, and Yakumo.

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 03:18:02 PM »
For the girls:

Eri > Yakumo > Mikoto > the rest...

For the guys:

Harima > the rest...

For couples:

Harima + Eri > Harima + Yakumo > the rest...

For people who read/watch School Rumble:

cccnnn > the rest.

Offline Private Prinny

• President of the "Harima Kenji" fanclub
  • Clean
  • *Kaboom*
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 09:08:33 AM »

For people who read/watch School Rumble:

cccnnn > the rest.

LOL

At Topic:

Of course Harima!
Second: Yakumo
Third: The Kappa-guy (so awesome freak!)
Signature? What is a Signature? Bah, I don´t need that extra-space,  to make a complete fool out of me!
Just take a look at my damn posts!

No native english speaker! Keep that in mind, while laughing at my baad grammar!

Offline Nidec

• Clean
  • péronnelle
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 01:29:26 PM »
Here I go...

1. Tenma : Just have a look at my avatar : a lovely day-dreamer. Nice personality, nice appearance. Of course she's dense (although she can bend a spoon with the power of her mind), but for Tenma it's rather a quality as she becomes the funniest character of the cast 8)

2. Harima : A shy delinquent with a secret love he can't confess, who becomes a beastmaster or a mangaka whenever he wants, king of failed plans, bad timing, getting everything wrong. A perfect male leader for a romance comedy.

Note: when the two above interract, I find they crush everyone else in the cast. Unconfessable love versus indifference and double ubber misunderstanding leave me flabbergasted, laughing on the floor everytime!

3. Hanai : I wish he could appear more often... At first glance the righteous, serious, reliable, honest samourai. Well, until he gets obsessed by Yakumo and ventures onto the verge of grotesque... His sensitive side is really touching.

4. Mikoto : I enjoyed her dedicated chapters in volume 4 a looooot! She appeared quite vulnerable when meeting with her "teacher", which contrasted pleasantly with her outgoing personality. And last but not least, D powa pwnz j00 :P

5. Yakumo : Smart and mysterious, but too shy, so much that she's sometimes out of the show. Well, I guess she has the excuse of traumatic visions thanks to her mind reading ability.

To Eri fans : I totally fail to understand why she's, according to a popularity poll I came by, the second most popular character in the cast. I find her rather mean, egotistic and arrogant. I know I'm gonna get lynched for having written the above :P, but I'd really like to understand why she gets such interest. Maybe she gets better in later volumes ???

Offline Hostile

• Clean
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 02:03:31 PM »
It would have sucked if Nitta (was that his name?) was the main character...

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2005, 09:46:20 PM »
To Eri fans : I totally fail to understand why she's, according to a popularity poll I came by, the second most popular character in the cast. I find her rather mean, egotistic and arrogant. I know I'm gonna get lynched for having written the above :P, but I'd really like to understand why she gets such interest. Maybe she gets better in later volumes ???

She's as sexy as hell.

She's as rich as hell.

She's a mixed azn girl (+infinity hawtness pts).

Now, you, my friend, is getting lynched.

* cccnnn unleashes the Eri fandom upon Nidec.

Offline Hostile

• Clean
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2005, 01:34:15 PM »
Eri's cool because she's unsure about her romantic life. Eri also has total control over Harima... the only other person is Tenma but Tenma doesn't know she does.

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Look me up at #White_base and #Zg-fansubs at Rizon
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2005, 06:03:55 AM »
Harima Kenji!!!!! Such a funny guy. He's cool, rides a motorcycle, he's well a bad-ass dude that is soft on the sides.... Lol anyways he's my fav for now.

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline lifegrd31

• Clean
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2005, 06:23:32 AM »
My favorite female character is Yakumo, because she is a sweet girl that does not understand love. My favorite male character is Imadori, because he is amazing, and a pervert......

Offline Tenchisama

• president of the nee chan fan club
  • Budding Addict
  • Dang do I feel Old!
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2005, 09:30:27 AM »
nee chan and harima....yes and the kappa guy ;D

The world keeps spinning round!!!

Offline sawachika-eri-yui

• Clean
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2005, 08:40:28 AM »
My fave is Sawachika Eri. If i were Harima i would go for Eri instead and forget Tenma.

- Stupid Hige
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 08:41:02 AM by sawachika-eri-yui »

Offline Kalis

• Clean
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2005, 11:46:31 PM »
among the girls, I think the best three are Ichijou Karen, Yakumo, and Eri (for what she does to Harima) ^_^

Harima Kenji is by far the best among the guys.

anything