Author Topic: Board Management Discussion  (Read 18933 times)

Offline Tenchisama

• president of the nee chan fan club
  • Budding Addict
  • Dang do I feel Old!
Re: Board Management Discussion
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2005, 11:54:59 AM »
I know banning is never fun and all the years I have been with yanime I have found them alot more tolerant to offenses than other boards and it takes alot to ban you and if they do it is usually only for a few months so I know it is never fun but when it starts disrupting the enjoyment of others using the boards it becomes a problem I am not picking sides because I did not know angel but speaking impartialy and as a former globalmod it  is sometimes necesary.

The world keeps spinning round!!!

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Look me up at #White_base and #Zg-fansubs at Rizon
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2005, 12:09:45 PM »
Hey Waya I'm not for Angel and anything, and some people might know that since in the thread where she complained that there was a psycho near her house I wasn't real nice to her. However I must say that most of the rules you posted are always overlooked by most members. As for example; Personal attacks in any manner are not allowed. This covers posts, sigs, and profile information.
A lot of people attacked angel personally calling her dumb and stupid. Furthermore, I think that Angel being Angel might have aided your decision concerning her banning from this forum. Personally I don't care if Angel comes back or not. I just wished that you understood you own actions as I understood mine concerning Angel. I know that she was a pain with all her off topicness and her difficulty to understand things, but I think that that was due to some real lack of maturity. You in your position as a Moderator (or anything else) should have used of your maturity and position as a help to her. Anyways I hope that you don't take anything that I wrote here too harsh or anything. I just think that I said what I had to say.

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline Tenchisama

• Budding Addict
  • Dang do I feel Old!
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2005, 04:28:13 PM »
like I said before they do overlook alot thats why angel must have really abused it to get banned because I know it takes alot to get banned here and anyway I dont think she will want to come back even if they let her

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2005, 05:50:47 PM »
I dont think she will want to come back even if they let her

You'd be surprised.  She seems to love Yanime even though many members don't feel the same about her.

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2005, 06:17:54 PM »
I agree with Waffo tho she might have a change of opinion now but I have no clue.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Tenchisama

• Budding Addict
  • Dang do I feel Old!
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2005, 01:44:45 PM »
hmmm well we should open a poll and see if there are enuff people who want her back but we need the backing of the mods and admins just an Idea mabey give her like a trial piriod and if she does good then let her back for good

Offline Ruri

• Meega na la Kweesta!
  • Addict
  • Gao~
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2005, 03:38:18 PM »
Sorry Tenchisama but my vote is for no poll.

And Zellgadus.  Bans are exercised on those who are repeat offenders.  Whether they've broken one rule or multiple rules.

You have to keep in mind that even though most people did not act with much respect towards Angel, she didn't return much if any respect.  It's not a matter of her spelling or grammer.  Many did help her.  She turned our help down.  In a way, she was pretty ignorant with our advice and offers, which I think is rude in itself.  Don't ask for advice and then not even read it or consider it.

What aided her ban to this forums was the repeat breaking of multiple rules.  Not just the "personal attacks."

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Look me up at #White_base and #Zg-fansubs at Rizon
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2005, 05:17:44 AM »
Don't worry Ruri I know that well enough. I was just pointing out some facts about Waya's own attitute towards maybe other users. Anyways, really I don't care if she comes back or not it's not my problem, lol.

And really open a poll weather or not we want angel back or not??? My poor Sanosuke.... that's just a waste of time...

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2005, 11:38:44 AM »
my poor sanosuke?? are you talking to me....

Anyways......I know there was another problem wanted to address but for some reason I can't remember it.....it will come back eventually.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Tenchisama

• Budding Addict
  • Dang do I feel Old!
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2005, 09:44:55 AM »
ok. anyway I was thinking what is keeping angel from rejoining under a dif nick.
and dont give me any of that I blocked her IP I mean I am posting from one of the thousands of internet cafes in panama this one is right next to my house so what if she is back we just cant tell ;D

Offline PastThe12thFret

• T3H KIN6 0F KR|_|NK!!1
  • Budding Addict
  • I'm Ben. Stop asking who Ben is.
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2005, 05:09:13 PM »
ok. anyway I was thinking what is keeping angel from rejoining under a dif nick.
and dont give me any of that I blocked her IP I mean I am posting from one of the thousands of internet cafes in panama this one is right next to my house so what if she is back we just cant tell ;D

we'd definitely be able to tell, it wouldn't take long.

Offline Cloud13m

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2005, 12:49:39 AM »
I want to complain about you banning Angel. Please bring her back, her unintentional comedy skills are funnier than anything else anyone on this or any forum could possibly hope to obtain.

Offline Tenchisama

• Budding Addict
  • Dang do I feel Old!
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2005, 04:21:24 AM »
lol unintencional comedy skills ... ;D
yeah I guess thats one way to put it

Offline Motoko-chan

• Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2005, 01:17:26 PM »
This is still going on?

Three months already and this shit is still going on?

Look, if we to to bother unbanning someone, all these requests have just made sure we will not do it anytime soon (if ever).

Why? Because people are trying to tell the admins what to do on a situation the admins have agreed to action on. That just makes the admins even more convinced of their decision and less likely to change their minds.

Now, can we just put this issue to rest? It will be best for both sides of the argument, and perhaps we can get on with life.
Motoko-chan
Anime ni Yamitsuki Leader

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:
AnimeNeko Network | Static-Subs | Otenba | Lililicious

Offline Cloud13m

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2005, 02:31:46 PM »
I don't know why you take a forum so seriously, I'm just saying that we should bring angel back, maybe only let her post in the fan writings forum? >.>

anything