Author Topic: Ehh... Question... ( SPOILERS..? )  (Read 2226 times)

Offline Apathetic-Piggy

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
Ehh... Question... ( SPOILERS..? )
« on: March 13, 2005, 05:47:31 PM »
WARNING! Brief Full Metal Alchemist spoilers due to comparison.

Is it me, or does this manga remind you of Full Metal Alchemist ( FMA ) in any way? I can't help but feel that I'm reading something that is similar to FMA, not with alchemy and such, just the set up of the story. We meet a character, they do what they do, then they join a military ( In the flashback of FMA ) / Church, and are sent on missions in which they learn things that they had no idea about before ( Philosper stone / Noah family )

It may be just me, but then again, other people may have got the same message. Either way, we will just have to wait and see.

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
Re: Ehh... Question... ( SPOILERS..? )
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 05:56:38 PM »
vague parallels are easy to draw.

"OMG ED WEARS A BLACK SHIRT!!! ... BUT WAIT...ALLEN'S WEARING A BLACK SHIRT TOO!!!!! DGM IS THE NEXT FMA!!! ZOMG!!!!"

etc ;)

Offline Apathetic-Piggy

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 06:41:43 PM »
Thats not exaclty what  meant, I was just saying that they feel similar, not by character, but ehh... by feel, sounds strange I know.

Offline ayume

• Clean
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 10:07:26 PM »
i know exactly what you mean! first time i read it, I was like... great, another kid with a special arm... weeee... but I think that dgm manga art is a little better than the FMA manga art. Must be the Shueisha version of FMA.

don't listen to cg, he's just bitter that FMA came out first...

Offline Apathetic-Piggy

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 12:22:52 AM »
Actually, I am open to most types of manga ( save for Yaoi and Uber romance ) so I never thought that it was a FMA clone. I just got the idea that it and FMA are on a similar wave length. And yes, its drawn better ^^.

I only hope that this feeling fades away because I really like this manga, and I don't want to see it turn into a cliche. I have a good feeling it will not though.

Offline ayume

• Clean
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2005, 12:33:58 AM »
actually, the leveling up thing is about as cliche as they can get  ;) They don't even TRY to hide it...

"I've leveled up!"
"Innocence, stage 2!"

:D

Offline Apathetic-Piggy

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005, 03:32:32 PM »
actually, the leveling up thing is about as cliche as they can get  ;) They don't even TRY to hide it...

"I've leveled up!"
"Innocence, stage 2!"

:D

I'm a bit confused, I think you where trying to say " they try to be as much of a cliche as possible ".

That can be a good thing because when you deconstruct things you like, they are all a cliche of something. Cliches are good. However, thats not to say something new is bad...

Offline ayume

• Clean
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2005, 05:14:18 PM »
not saying that it's bad... just seem like a video game  :D

anything