Author Topic: Curse?  (Read 4750 times)

Offline ArckAngel

• Clean
Curse?
« on: March 11, 2005, 10:20:57 AM »
Alright, so his eyes is supposed to be a curse right?  But considering his line of profession it seems more like a blessing.  I mean I just don't see how it can be considered a cure in the traditional sence of the word.

Offline Cgoten

• Hmm....
  • Addict
  • Hmm....
    • Yanime
Re: Curse?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 01:16:34 PM »
Well, he wasn't an exorcist yet when he got the curse. Although, I guess the curse isn't really a bad thing for any profession. If he was, say, a janitor, I bet he wouldn't be bothered by it. =/

So, I guess you've got a point, heh.

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 03:29:20 PM »
Arckangel: would you really wanna be able to see the souls of demons every waking moment of your life? :P

It's a curse for sure, but I'll admit, it's a usual curse for his line of work XD

Offline ArckAngel

• Clean
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 05:49:32 PM »
Hey, after I got used to it I wouldn't care.  Eventually it would become normal to me.

Offline Reiyon

• Clean
  • "I know" isn't an argument...
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 10:16:15 PM »
Hmm..... Even if he wasn't an exorcist, this "curse" would still help him to avoid the akuma, therefore, he wouldn't get killed by one. From that side the curse does a positive effect. o_o;
...although if you think of it from the other side, doesn't that curse kind of forbid him to live a normal life?

Offline dragonsun5

• Clean
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2005, 04:36:13 PM »
...although if you think of it from the other side, doesn't that curse kind of forbid him to live a normal life?

Well...how can you live a normal life with an anti-akuma weapon that has a burned cross in the middle of it and is blood red...o not to mention its ur own hand ;)

But he's coped with the curse from what we've seen so far...and depended on it...cause remember when Rabi was like "we aren't like you...we can't see the akuma's" or something like that...thats when everything about the coat and the big ass IM AN EXCORST target on the coat kinda clicked in Allen's mind...so now he's not so  much dependent on it...

I think he calls it a curse cause thats what it is...but when he thinks about it i think its more of a momento from Mana giving him the chance to help him in being an excorsit...though i highley doubt that... ???

alright thats all...byebye

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2005, 09:52:11 PM »
I agree with dragonsun.

Honestly, Allen having an eye is such an advantage against the akuma though. Like, why even wear his formal uniform? He can wear civilian clothes and an eye patch over his left eye and blend in... and then he'd be such a l33t covert operative against the akuma...and assassinate unaware akuma.

Offline Reiyon

• Clean
  • "I know" isn't an argument...
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2005, 11:37:29 PM »

Well...how can you live a normal life with an anti-akuma weapon that has a burned cross in the middle of it and is blood red...o not to mention its ur own hand ;)

Hmm... Stuck there. XD
If he never learned why was his arm that way, only then perhaps.
And then I can keep thinking "Ohh if there was never akuma, there wouldn't be exorcists either. OMG! If there wasn't this manga I wouldn't be wondering at all!" XDD

Hmm... But there HAS to be some reason why is that "curse" called a "curse"... It can't be a positive curse either, then it'd be blessing, therefore.... x_x; I'm lost again.
But I still think that the curse has a bad side too. (Uhh though a slash over the left eye and a star shaped scar on the forehead is enough of a curse, scars on the face won't heal that soon XD).

Offline ArckAngel

• Clean
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2005, 07:35:48 AM »
Well I suppose now that the curse has gotten stronger it might be a bit of a hastel.  If he can make everybody around him see akuma then it might put normal people into a panic.

Offline Pfefferminz

• Clean
  • I'm a bum and a fish...
    • Ma galerie d'art
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2005, 11:18:48 AM »
I think Ravi put it best when he first saw the akuma with the newly evolved curse: "The world as he sees it is hell."
The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.  --Douglas Adams (HHGG)
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.  --JRR Tolkein

Offline Rheo

• Clean
  • Life is a gamble
    • Rheo's deviantart
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2005, 11:33:27 PM »
I was thinking when I read the first few chapters: Why does Allen call his eye a curse from his dad? His eye sounded more like a blessing than a curse >.>

But then again, remember that time when one of the Noah's family made an akuma self-destruct in front of Allen? Allen could see the soul screaming for help before disappearing. Actually seeing the souls crying and suffering... it might be better if you can't see them. As Rabi said, "The world as he sees it is hell."

It's also a constant reminder to Allen: You turned your loved one into an akuma and killed him.
I think this is probably the most painful part...

Offline IPPUsama

• Clean
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2005, 04:09:21 AM »
I think it's a curse...kinda "You made your own dad into an akuma ,you have to pay by seeing akuma's soul for the rest of your life"
And I think after he became exorcist. The curse changed into a blessing

Forgive my bad english