Author Topic: V Gundam  (Read 2801 times)

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
V Gundam
« on: March 07, 2005, 08:44:45 PM »
I just thought that I should start a V Gundam topic since some of us are watching it right now.  Well so far, I'm at ep 20 and I think this is becoming one of my favorite UC series.  A good blend of action and comedy.  And that one enemy who killed that Shrike member while she was holding up the structure was just a bastard...plain and simple bastard!  I can't finalized my judgement till I see the entire thing.  And I think that if Usso was just a bit older, you know he would be pimpin all the Shrike team members and Marbet :P Forget Shakti!  That annoying girl should just go home and leave the series.  That girl has got some abandonment issues.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
Re: V Gundam
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 07:38:03 AM »
Yeah, I'm really hoping either Shakti's parents come and take her away, or she finds the are dead and kills herself. But I doubt either will happen. I like the series a lot too... I think I'm up to 17 if I remember right... that Shrike team member holding up the structure died in one of the last few I watched.

I can't wait to watch the rest... although I have to say I am not a huge fan of the mech designs... the helicopter beam blades are interesting... good idea too, a way to keep them flying on earth without being TOO unrealistic... it just looks weird.

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 03:12:45 PM »
Yeah I don't really like the designs in this series either.  Most of the mech look like they got downgraded.  It's been over 60 years since ZZ, you would think they would have advance more than that.  I thought the beam rotors were just stupid.  It didn't seem like it would be pratical to put the rotor on the arm.  And what's up with the bug eyes MS?!  I know it was in the F91 movie, but still.  But other than that, I'm enjoying the series. 

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 09:55:56 PM »
I'm up to 35 now... I don't really like the new opening and ending... but maybe they'll grow on me. Anyway, its progressing well... back on Earth now. V2 Gundam is pretty nice, obviously where they got the idea for Wing Zero Custom's wings. Shakti has also been fine since around 25, thank God. I'm actually starting to like her, I think.

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 08:35:14 AM »
I'm not quite there yet.  I'm just passed the part when V2 was introduced.  Though one scene bogled me.  That one scene with that woman Lt. and Usso in the tub...I wasn't sure if she wanted to drown him or seduce him.  It was just a weird sequence.  That's why I like V Gundam, it's serious when it comes to battle and story, but it has breaks with comedy...usually involving Usso and breast.  Like when Usso was being rescued while he was naked.  "He's naked.  Of course he's naked...ah...ochinchin."  That made me laugh.  And yeah, the V2 is cool when it boosts.  I don't care how much they try to explain the drive system on that thing, but it would never explain how the "wings" are shaped.  But cool nonetheless.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 11:18:06 AM »
I'm not quite there yet.  I'm just passed the part when V2 was introduced.  Though one scene bogled me.  That one scene with that woman Lt. and Usso in the tub...I wasn't sure if she wanted to drown him or seduce him.  It was just a weird sequence.  That's why I like V Gundam, it's serious when it comes to battle and story, but it has breaks with comedy...usually involving Usso and breast.  Like when Usso was being rescued while he was naked.  "He's naked.  Of course he's naked...ah...ochinchin."  That made me laugh.  And yeah, the V2 is cool when it boosts.  I don't care how much they try to explain the drive system on that thing, but it would never explain how the "wings" are shaped.  But cool nonetheless.

Yeah, as much as I love ZZ, V really puts in that comedy much better... yet it still has incredibly serious stuff and lots of deaths like Zeta... even if most of the time you can completely guess when someone will die, if you couldn't, it would not be Gundam. ^^;; Its just powerful like that though... the next few eps are crazy for you... and Uso will definitely get more breast treatment from other Shrike memberrs later.... ^^;; Lucky kid.

And the thing with that pilot was that she wants to be a mother... so meeting him on the battlefield like that and taking him in, I guess she just wanted a kid so much that she wanted him to stay and join their forces... and so she was taking a bath with him as a strictly mother-like gesture. That will be explained in the next 5 eps or so. Also, you'll see a lot more of what V2's wings can really do... its nuts. But, at the same time, I don't think they are TOO powerful, Uso still needs to be a good pilot to use them well, so its not like piloting the V2 is easy... which makes it good. Great series, up to 43 now.

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 03:17:11 PM »
Well finally finished this series.  Man that shouldn't have taken that long, but I was totally satisfied with the series.  The ending was brutal though.  They killed off those last two Shrike team members just for the sake of killing them it seems.  Flanny (I think that was her name) just died in a stupid way.  And Odello...I thought he was going to die, but then he survived till the end so I thought that he would live...and then he died.  It reminded me of Seed where pretty much everyone except for the main characters just died in the last few eps.  Though there were a lot of stupid death.  Like Oliver...he could have bailed out before he crashed his ship.  And I knew it wasn't going to happen, but in the back of my mind I kinda wished Shakti wouldn't make it, and Usso would ended up living with Marbet...yeah I know it's weird (and probably illegal) but like I said...back of my mind.  Hey he was pimpin all the Shrike members, might as well give him something at the end :P  And Katejina...when did she became such a psycho bitch?!  She deserved to be ended up a blind beggar.  Great series.  Probably my favorite UC now. 

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2005, 01:39:24 AM »
You thought it was better than Zeta?! O_o Wow, it was good, but it still is far from where I hold the big Z. I finished as well, and quite frankly, I did not like Katejina the whole time, and she did become a perfect example of a psycho bitch in the last 10 eps or so... ranting on about Uso vs Chronicle when Uso didn't give half a shit, he just didn't want to kill her. << I thought most of the deaths made sense, especially when they helped out at the end, I thought that was pretty cool and probably a powerfully ally to Uso's fighting ability and his path to maturity throughout the series. I was however, very happy Marvet did get through alright, although I doubt they would have gotten rid of her once it was known for sure she was pregnant... and Uso and Marvet? What?! Haha... no way, dude. :P

Anyway, I do think it ended pretty well, I was hoping they would somehow link the psycommu forces of the Angel Halo/Maria/Shakti with the same sort of devices that were just being researched in Char's Counterattack... I think it would have helped it feel more like a UC series... but as it was before any AU, they were obviously trying to get the same type of audience they would with an AU... get the n00bs started on something they don't need to know anything about.

So, all in all, one of my top 5, but most of the early UC series are still better to me... I guess I just like them tying in, I don't like how they decided to single out F91 and V from the rest... I like the whole epic feel of the others being like one long string of events, where we have met all of the characters and really know them quite well. Not to say the characters in F91 and Victory are not great, many of them were very well done, I just wish there was more of a link to the older UC series (and OVAs made later) than just the lingo and Gundam cliches.

Offline anime-master

• Clean
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2006, 05:43:12 PM »
Well I'm on episode 30 and so far the series is awesome. But alot of people are saying that the ending sucks. I also heard that there would be another season after gundam Seed Destiny. It supposed to be called "Gundam Seed Eternity".  ;D
~ANIME~

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 01:20:28 PM »
If anything, like most Gundam series, the end is better than the beginning. So just keep watching.

anything