Author Topic: I hereby proudfully announce the first *Harima Kenji*- fanclub  (Read 19585 times)

Offline Roots

• Clean
  • Searching for wings...
    • My personal homepage
Re: I hereby proudfully announce the first *Harima Kenji*- fanclub
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2005, 09:58:40 PM »
Why haven't I replied to this thread yet? Oh well. Now I have replied. And I think Harima could be the best male lead character in any manga like this that I've ever read. He's so.......'not your typical nerd that somehow gets all the beautiful women to fall in love with him even though there's nothing great about him' kind of guy. ::)
------------------------------------------------------------------

Hero of Allacrost - http://www.allacrost.org
  A free SNES-era RPG in development
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2005, 10:29:02 PM »
Why haven't I replied to this thread yet? Oh well. Now I have replied. And I think Harima could be the best male lead character in any manga like this that I've ever read. He's so.......'not your typical nerd that somehow gets all the beautiful women to fall in love with him even though there's nothing great about him' kind of guy. ::)

Well Roots, let's do a little Compare and Contrast between you and Harima to see why Harima gets all these hawt girls and you don't.

Harima                                 vs                                   Roots:
-badass delinquent                                                   -a computer engineer (who goes, "Nii!")
-can beat up knife-wieldingYakuzas                             -can beat up: old ladies, parapalegics, little kittens, and (maybe) girl scouts
-complimented by hawt Onee-san on his looks              -complimented by Cgoten on his looks (in a prank phone call)
-athletic                                                                  -he does cross-country running

and the defining moment of this comparison:

-is a fictional character in a fictional literal masterpiece     -a fictional online entity

Offline Private Prinny

• President of the "Harima Kenji" fanclub
  • Clean
  • *Kaboom*
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2005, 11:15:40 PM »
-can beat up: old ladies

Hey, that is quite a skill! Definetly not something to make fun of!
Wish I can do the same thing!  ;D
Even when my life would depend on it, I couldnt do that!

Man, Roots! Are you routhless!
Signature? What is a Signature? Bah, I don´t need that extra-space,  to make a complete fool out of me!
Just take a look at my damn posts!

No native english speaker! Keep that in mind, while laughing at my baad grammar!

Offline Draconis

• Clean
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2005, 12:24:53 AM »
I have to agree with roots though, Harima is a fantastic lead character. ITs awesome that he draws alot. I wish I could be like him. Wearing shades, having a goatee, and being skilled enough to draw to receive praise from editors, be strong enough to take down droves of thugs, and still look sharp enough to get the eyes of all the ladies.(well except for the one that he actually wishes he could get. Karma, anyone?) Man, but you know you're bad-ass(and stupid probaly) when you wear sunglasses all the time. (background music: "I wear my sunglasses at night....") But that all adds to the image.... and the character.
If only i were like him during my highschool years when being a deliquent didn't get you into a jail cell.(at least not until senior year that is.)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 12:25:24 AM by Draconis »

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2005, 09:07:23 AM »
Harima-san is so damn hilarious, especially in Volume 3. OMG I read volume 3 last night and I died laughing because he was so hilarious. I got to give Harima-san props tho for trying.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Look me up at #White_base and #Zg-fansubs at Rizon
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2005, 06:09:21 AM »
I'll join this fanclub LOL. Firt time joining any fanclub at all and it's an anime fictional caracter... (aya what am I becoming...)
Anyways I like Harima Kenji mainly because of the same reasons the others do.... He's not your typical male leader caracter in these kinds of mangas.
Anyways he's cool.

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline Private Prinny

• Clean
  • *Kaboom*
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2005, 08:14:14 AM »
I'll join this fanclub LOL. Firt time joining any fanclub at all and it's an anime fictional caracter... (aya what am I becoming...)
The first one is still the hardesd one!  ;D
Signature? What is a Signature? Bah, I don´t need that extra-space,  to make a complete fool out of me!

No native english speaker! Keep that in mind, while laughing at my baad grammar!

Offline Tenchisama

• president of the nee chan fan club
  • Budding Addict
  • Dang do I feel Old!
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2005, 10:11:33 AM »
heeheheh I see the fan club is growing I hope we dont have to fight aginst the nee san fan club ;D
oh and by the way cgoten hardly compliments anyone so that is quite a feat

The world keeps spinning round!!!

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2005, 10:24:30 AM »
there is a nee-chan fanclub?

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Tenchisama

• president of the nee chan fan club
  • Budding Addict
  • Dang do I feel Old!
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2005, 01:13:15 PM »
umm no but wait... *creates nee chan fanclub*
I mean welcome you are its first member

The world keeps spinning round!!!

Offline Someguy0

• Clean
  • the way to make that special someone fall for you
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2005, 06:03:50 PM »
lol

wishing for harimas motorcyle
Nothing happens if you dont swing the bat

pround member of the Harima Kenji Fanclub

Offline Kitomo

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2005, 07:50:51 PM »
why didnt i think of this... in any case, harima is just damn awesome. the truant badboy who can beat up gangs single handedly, coming home to draw manga - perhaps one of the most notably great things about him is that he doesnt attract girls right away - hes actually just a really good guy at heart, and after the ladies realize this - (and get past the glasses and the beard) hes really pretty HawT. and he isnt a downtrod loser who lacks any social skill or physical prowess and still lands babes left and right [just pointing out my distaste for those types of animes].

so okay, hes no mathlete - and he certainly isnt a genius, but hell - no one cares (anyone read GTO?). i read a few of you guys complaining that he didnt decide to bone the pretty ne-chan he was staying with when he was in his little rut, well - lets think about this logically... hes just been heartbroken, and she told him her boyfriend just broke up with her, which means shes on the rebound. taking advantage of her in that situation, or allowing her to make a stupid decision like screwing the first guy she meets LITERALLY in the street - stupidity or not, he did the right thing. shame on you for condemning an innocent man! (plus it would ruin the rest of the manga)

the fact that Harima only sees Tenma in his eyes is admirable, even if it doesnt make sense. it shows what kind of a person he is, and frankly - there are way too many wannabe players out there trying to get it in every girl they can, so kudos to harima for keeping his wang in check. although i think in the end, harima may end up alone meditating in a zen temple or something - fine by me, i support you harima.

consider me your newest member to this club, ok@yy?

ps: naked harima for teh win!

Offline Private Prinny

• Clean
  • *Kaboom*
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2005, 01:56:15 AM »
lol

wishing for harimas motorcyle

Heh!
Wishing for that expression on his face he usually has!

I couldn't help but laughing every second panel I see him!
And of course the motorcycle!  ;D

although i think in the end, harima may end up alone meditating in a zen temple or something

Lol! Good point!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 01:59:54 AM by Private Prinny »

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2005, 10:09:52 PM »
YAY

Offline vahnzenqi

• Clean
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2005, 08:25:51 AM »
Well, I prefer Harima to be with Sawachika Eri.
I think that they are suit for each other.

But then, where do I put Tenma-chan?