Author Topic: I hereby proudfully announce the first *Harima Kenji*- fanclub  (Read 19525 times)

Offline Private Prinny

• President of the "Harima Kenji" fanclub
  • Clean
  • *Kaboom*
Re: I hereby proudfully announce the first *Harima Kenji*- fanclub
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2005, 06:55:27 AM »
Yeah! This was also great!
Although he nearly got his chance, but he choked on his words!
But the look on his face!
Signature? What is a Signature? Bah, I don´t need that extra-space,  to make a complete fool out of me!
Just take a look at my damn posts!

No native english speaker! Keep that in mind, while laughing at my baad grammar!

Offline Tenchisama

• president of the nee chan fan club
  • Budding Addict
  • Dang do I feel Old!
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2005, 07:48:53 AM »
oh yeah I just read vol 4 and 5
they are soo good it has renewed my love for school
rumble.
and yes the look when......
..SPOILER AHEAD
he went to install the air condicioner was great ;D

The world keeps spinning round!!!

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2005, 07:39:08 AM »
The looks on Harima's face are always priceless. Don't forget his dense brain and his misunderstandings too.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

flightoftheunicorn

« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2005, 05:32:00 AM »
I think Harima is d-r-e-a-m-y and so sweet.  I love his tough-guy, soft-heart personality.  Sigh.  Marry me Harima.  I'm lovesick. ;)

A lot of people think he's nuts for liking Tenma when there are so many other much prettier girls in his class, but she has a unique appeal that's all her own: she's kind; she's pretty in an innocent, pure sort of way; and she's funny (though she doesn't know it :) )

I think Harima's love for Tenma is real love, because even though there are all these other gorgeous girls around him, the only one that matters to him, the only one he has eyes for, is Tenma.  I personally think it shows great character that even though that really beautiful girl he's living with threw herself at him, he didn't want her at all - it shows how true his love for Tenma is.  (P.S. I haven't read the manga, I watched a couple of the episodes of anime, so maybe some of his reactions to the people around him are different in the manga than the anime, I don't know.)

I'm new to this kind of fan chat posting room, so I'm not sure if this is going to work, but I'm trying to modify my post and repost it ... here goes ...

Yes, he is so hilarious.  I don't think he's stupid as much as that he's so lovesick over Tenma and clueless about how to act around girls, in general, that he ends up saying and doing some really goofy things.  Hilarious stuff - I'd love to see more humor in this series - laughter make life sweeter, and so does love.  I hope that, someday, someone will love me as deeply as Harima loves Tenma.  (Yes, I'm a soppy, goofy romantic - that's just me. :) )

P.S. My favorite humorous scene from the anime was when Tenma was trying to teach Harima how to confess his love to the girl he had a crush on (not knowing it's her he has a crush on).  Tenma was so hilarious, when she grabbed his sunglasses and put some seaweed on her face to look like a beard and mustache, and imitated a gruff, nonchalant sort of guy.  (Which, actually, Harima is not, because deep down he's a real sweet softy.)

an addition a few days later ...

Harima's the kind of guy who's funny and attractive to girls as a cartoon character, but in real life a guy like him would be too violent and angst-ridden for the taste of most girls (myself included).  Cartoon characters can get away with bad behavior and character flaws (punching lots of people and explosions of anger) that girls wouldn't want in a guy in real life.  Some things are only funny in cartoons.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 12:44:38 AM by signature radiance within »

flightoftheunicorn

« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2005, 06:19:00 AM »

author: Kitomo

"so okay, hes no mathlete - and he certainly isnt a genius, but hell - no one cares (anyone read GTO?). i read a few of you guys complaining that he didnt decide to bone the pretty ne-chan he was staying with when he was in his little rut, well - lets think about this logically... hes just been heartbroken, and she told him her boyfriend just broke up with her, which means shes on the rebound. taking advantage of her in that situation, or allowing her to make a stupid decision like screwing the first guy she meets LITERALLY in the street - stupidity or not, he did the right thing. shame on you for condemning an innocent man! (plus it would ruin the rest of the manga)

the fact that Harima only sees Tenma in his eyes is admirable, even if it doesnt make sense. it shows what kind of a person he is, and frankly - there are way too many wannabe players out there trying to get it in every girl they can, so kudos to harima for keeping his wang in check. although i think in the end, harima may end up alone meditating in a zen temple or something - fine by me, i support you harima."

my response:

Thank you Kitomo!  Finally!  Someone agrees with me!  I also think Harima deserves credit for NOT being sleazy!  He's a great guy with a heart of gold! 

Offline Private Prinny

• Clean
  • *Kaboom*
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2005, 06:28:08 PM »
Well said!
I haven't seen the confession-practice-session in the animated series, only in the manga but it is still so dangerous to my health (dying cause of hysteric laughter!)
Signature? What is a Signature? Bah, I don´t need that extra-space,  to make a complete fool out of me!

No native english speaker! Keep that in mind, while laughing at my baad grammar!

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2005, 03:03:51 PM »
its dangerous to anyone's health because those practice confession sessions are one of the major highlights of the manga.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Tenchisama

• Budding Addict
  • Dang do I feel Old!
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2005, 07:54:24 AM »
definitaly.
they are one of the best parts of the whole series ;D
that and when he turns into a fourtune teller with all the animals

Offline Private Prinny

• Clean
  • *Kaboom*
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2005, 10:11:16 AM »
its dangerous to anyone's health because those practice confession sessions are one of the major highlights of the manga.

Yeah, I meaned in the anime! The manga-one I have read quite a lot and roflmao!

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2005, 11:41:49 AM »
I haven't seen the anime yet but the manga ones.....well lets say I almost died laughing

Offline Tenchisama

• Budding Addict
  • Dang do I feel Old!
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2005, 10:57:50 AM »
yeah same here havent seen the anime but manga in my opinion is always better

Offline Undark

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Shakugan No Shana ^^
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2005, 07:36:49 PM »
Well I watched the anime first before going to the manga, but comparing the two I would say that the anime is on par with the manga in terms of story and art.

Actually, it felt rather weird at first reading the manga where each chapter was like 6pgs avg...

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2005, 10:17:14 AM »
It did feel weird cause the average chapter is like what 20-30 pages long but these are around 7 to 8 on average.

HARIMA GO GET YOUR WOMAN!!!

Offline Tenchisama

• Budding Addict
  • Dang do I feel Old!
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2005, 06:38:53 AM »
yes and leave nee chan too us ;D

Offline Shuntei

• Clean
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2005, 05:50:06 PM »
heheh sign me up for it aswell, mainly because I find the way that his facial expressions looks so hilarius, and that he's in general just a cool dude =)

(also strong supporter of the harima, eri couple, those two make the best pair ;))