Author Topic: RE: School_Rumble_v03_ch41_p07.png  (Read 3594 times)

Offline Spatvark

• Clean
RE: School_Rumble_v03_ch41_p07.png
« on: February 27, 2005, 03:47:53 PM »
Yeah, I'm somewhat anal retentive =P  A note was made on this page about Harima saying "I AM COLONEL STEWART!" in a martial arts pose while butt-naked, saying the translator thought it was from a novel or something. Colonel Stewart was actually the bad guy in Die Hard 2, played by William Sadler, and at the beginning of the film, he has a scene where he does some kata while naked, and you see him in a pose similar to the one Harima takes here. =D?

Just thought I'd mention it XD

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
Re: RE: School_Rumble_v03_ch41_p07.png
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 04:26:45 PM »
Hahaha, thanks for pointing that out.  Too bad our translator is not as resourceful as you are, *cough*.  ;D

Offline Hostile

• Clean
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 08:07:21 PM »
Hmmm... I thought Colonel Stewart was that dude from Star Trek....

Offline Roots

• Clean
  • Searching for wings...
    • My personal homepage
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 04:23:43 AM »
The Colonel Stewart that Harima refers to, if I'm not mistaken, was a character from the novel War and Peace, which Harima was seen reading earlier in the volume. I'm pretty sure I had a t/l note about that, but it got left out by the editor or something. Or at least that's what someone else told me it probably meant. I've never read War and Peace unfortunately. :-\

Thanks for pointing that out though. Yeah I wasn't happy with how volume 3 turned out; I think we rushed it to quick and it was partially my fault for making things a mess. But we'll do better with volume 4, I promise ;D
------------------------------------------------------------------

Hero of Allacrost - http://www.allacrost.org
  A free SNES-era RPG in development
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Spatvark

• Clean
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 03:32:08 PM »
Definitely from Die hard 2 =P

And Hostile: William Sadler, who played Colonel Stewart in Die Hard 2, played a character called Sloane in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine for a fair few episodes towards the end. He was the Section 47 or whatever guy, the one trying to recruit the doctor for subversive stuff.

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 03:59:03 PM »
I think it's more likely that the mangaka of SR to have watched Die-Hard 2 than read have read War and Peace...like come on, who reads anymore?

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2005, 09:57:45 AM »
C'mon cnn, War and Peace is only 4 chapters long... ;)
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2005, 05:40:25 PM »
Hey don't blame the editor for leaving out your t/l note Roots.  I have always included everyone of your damn, long, and mostly not funny notes, except for that one super long note about the ocean or something like that.  I mean c'mon that thing was longer than the all the text on the page!!  And what was wrong with vol 3...well ok other than that long list of errors... ::)  Anyway, vol 4 will be out very soon.  We'll see how that one turns out.  We had three translators on this one (even I had to step up and translate some stuff...so be warned :P ) so it was hard keeping it all the same.  So hopefully cccnnn did good on the rewording.  (notice how the blame is never on me :P )  And yeah that was a good catch, but I still think my "Godfinger" catch was the best one...nobody else had a clue :)

Offline Nidec

• Clean
  • péronnelle
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2005, 08:36:02 AM »
Yeah, I'm somewhat anal retentive =P A note was made on this page about Harima saying "I AM COLONEL STEWART!" in a martial arts pose while butt-naked, saying the translator thought it was from a novel or something. Colonel Stewart was actually the bad guy in Die Hard 2, played by William Sadler, and at the beginning of the film, he has a scene where he does some kata while naked, and you see him in a pose similar to the one Harima takes here. =D?

Just thought I'd mention it XD
And thats certainly why chapter #41 is called "Die Hard 2" ! ;)

Offline alexzenda

• Clean
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 07:33:27 AM »
Hai! I am alexzenda. If anyone of you know where to download the comics of the school rumble, please tell me, OK? Thank you!

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2005, 09:28:36 AM »
1. Have you even looked at the Yanime main page?! You know... the one with all our manga archive (which is back at full capacity now).
2. Or our IRC channel?!
3. ...No?  Then how about searching with Google?! 

Offline da MiGHTy pLUm!

• Slightly Buzzed
  • I like t'ings...
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2005, 01:33:03 PM »
HAHA leechers killed it within 2 weeks...  :(
Have Fun Doing What You're Doing.

anything