Author Topic: Gran Turismo 4  (Read 4209 times)

Offline Transcending Kanzaki

• Urumi Kanzaki's Monkey
  • Budding Addict
  • Urumi Kanzaki is the greatest! ^.^
    • Beyond the pixrs
Re: Gran Turismo 4
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2005, 07:30:53 PM »
actually, Kanzaki may have been talking about when the fps drops and the screen gets very shakey during certain courses. this is usually right at the starting line, and it occurs when all 6 cars are being rendered at the same time. the game can't handle that many polygons on the screen at once, and the shaking occurs. this is also why some cars are deemed "Special" cars and cannot be raced anywhere. examples include the Nike One and the Caterham car. the reason they're "Special" is because these cars have very high polygon counts (the Nike One has 3 times the amount of ploygons as any normal car, the Caterham is open top and there is no closed top version, therefore lots of polygons spent on the interior and the driver) and the game would not be able to handle them in a race with 6 cars.

Yeah, that's pretty annoying...

Anyway, I'm having fun, I'm at about 15% now... good stuff. ^_^

I am 38.3% done.  So much to do!!!!  I got my pretty NSX-R prototype racing LM edition.  Ooooh...spifff!

Offline clash

• Addict
  • You got beef?!
    • My Pulitzer Prize winning blog
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2005, 01:32:50 PM »
i stopped playing for a while, but that's only until i buy the Logitech Driving Force Pro steering wheel. oh yeah baby  8)

2PAC IS STILL ALIVE!!1124213132!!! FOTOGRAFIC PRUF!!LOL!2 http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=FOOL_STREET_21

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2005, 05:37:52 PM »
I was just playing the other day... but I've kinda stopped in doing what the game wants you to do... I've just been getting money and buying more and more cars... then fixing them up to be nice. So I have a lot of nice cars, and still at like 18%. ^^;; Oh well, that's what I bought it for anyway...

Offline clash

• Addict
  • You got beef?!
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2005, 04:16:33 PM »
just bought a Logitech Driving Force Pro on ebay today. i was really surprised; i found an auction that ended in 30 minutes with 0 bids on it. ended up getting it $92, shipping included. can't wait to get it now, i'll finally start playing GT4 again. now i just need a small table or something to clip the wheel on  :-\

2PAC IS STILL ALIVE!!1124213132!!! FOTOGRAFIC PRUF!!LOL!2 http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=FOOL_STREET_21

Offline kivol

• Clean
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2005, 08:48:44 PM »
this one lacked a little. the graphics didn't improve but thats probably not the games fault probably just that ps2 is a little old and it can't handle. it second the game is very hard if you don't play games like that everyday and are not good at that trap perfect breaking thing. and its a let down because it was a lot easier. me and my friend one summer just played that game he did more than i did. but we only got 50% and know if you have a good enough car you can just b-spec it and you can win even if you could win if you didn't use the b-spec. and then this is suppose to be a sim. it has b-spec, how does that work?

Offline clash

• Addict
  • You got beef?!
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2005, 09:42:49 PM »
this one lacked a little. the graphics didn't improve but thats probably not the games fault probably just that ps2 is a little old and it can't handle. it second the game is very hard if you don't play games like that everyday and are not good at that trap perfect breaking thing. and its a let down because it was a lot easier. me and my friend one summer just played that game he did more than i did. but we only got 50% and know if you have a good enough car you can just b-spec it and you can win even if you could win if you didn't use the b-spec. and then this is suppose to be a sim. it has b-spec, how does that work?

well, you start off with a pretty bad B-Spec driver that gets better each time you race. in theory you could just B-Spec the whole game, but it doesn't always work out so well. besides, what's the fun in doing that? the only time i would really use B-Spec is for the 24 hour races.

Offline Stylez025

• Slightly Buzzed
  • I have never failed to satisfy!!
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2005, 11:07:43 PM »
B-spec is boring. WHats the point of it. There is no real long term fun in it unless your a lazy person.

I luv using photo mode. I have save so many pics on my flash drive.

My Evo VIII is still my fav car (although not the fastest) its just fun as hell to use.