Author Topic: Misuzu topic *spoilers*  (Read 6710 times)

Offline saithan

• Clean
Re: Misuzu topic *spoilers*
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2005, 03:04:53 AM »
I don't think that the authors are easily influenced by their fans and the votes they cast, but I do believe that it sometimes (maybe even often) helps the author decide on how big role the characters are going to have in the manga.

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2005, 08:12:18 AM »
Kawashita is different than most because she's already had two manga that were cancelled due to lack of popularity early on.  If you actually pay attention to things like character poles and the amount of screen time they get, you'd notice that a character like Chinami that did very poorly in the character poles dissappeared quite quickly after she was introduced, she's only been in about 3 chapters since vol 10 and those are brief with the biggest one lasting for 3 pages and the smallest being 2 panels.  On the other hand, Kozue has done very well in the character poles and so she's been a very common character recently.  Also, Ichigo is one of the least popular manga in jump right now, so I think she wants to rock the boat enough to maintain interest, but she doesn't want to do any permanent damage out of fear for the repercussions.  But, as I've never personally met her, I can't really say these things with any certainty.  Before I leave I want to say one thing that's on topic, and that's Misuzu is awesome and needs to be in more catfights with satsuki, those were priceless.
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!

Offline seorang

• Clean
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2005, 03:17:52 PM »
I like it how she never really holds back any criticism, whether its her bro, Koyami, or Manaka.
Battle doesn't need a purpose.
The battle is its own purpose.
You don't ask why a field burns or a plague spreads.
Don't ask why I fight.

Offline teo

• Clean
  • Teachers Enemy No.1
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2005, 09:25:55 PM »
Kawashita is different than most because she's already had two manga that were cancelled due to lack of popularity early on.  If you actually pay attention to things like character poles and the amount of screen time they get, you'd notice that a character like Chinami that did very poorly in the character poles dissappeared quite quickly after she was introduced, she's only been in about 3 chapters since vol 10 and those are brief with the biggest one lasting for 3 pages and the smallest being 2 panels.  On the other hand, Kozue has done very well in the character poles and so she's been a very common character recently.  Also, Ichigo is one of the least popular manga in jump right now, so I think she wants to rock the boat enough to maintain interest, but she doesn't want to do any permanent damage out of fear for the repercussions.  But, as I've never personally met her, I can't really say these things with any certainty.  Before I leave I want to say one thing that's on topic, and that's Misuzu is awesome and needs to be in more catfights with satsuki, those were priceless.

that was sad,, i thought ichigo is famous on japan because it will have its own anime series

i really like the girls....the way kawashita draw it, the fanservice is almosy as great like OH GREAT of tenten and airgear..i wonder if kawashita is also doing on h-stuffs like h-mangas and doujins..

Offline FinalShowdown

• Clean
    • Pic page
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2005, 09:38:10 AM »
oops just to say I guess maybe I was wrong, maybe she doesnt have a pony tail. newest chapter she didnt have one. Guess the scans were a lil blurry from the other recent chapters made it look like she had one... Oh well sorry for that.

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Look me up at #White_base and #Zg-fansubs at Rizon
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2005, 01:20:05 AM »
Well I thank you Jaisbaine for your information on Kawashita. I never understood the whole fanservice here. You see Kawashita has really these great opportunities with her characters it really is a shame.... Anyways I do hope that this is going to change. I saw the raws and I'm pretty happy that things are finally starting to move. I really would have hoped that Misuzu would become a better character however it's still not that...

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

anything