Author Topic: Our New Project...  (Read 10811 times)

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
Our New Project...
« on: February 16, 2005, 04:23:53 PM »
Hehe, I hope those of you who read chapter 1 like this series (it certainly seems interesting to me).
If you haven't read it yet, you should! If for nothing else, just to check out the awesome double colour page edit by plum (and he did hell of a job clonestamping away all the japanese stuff).

This manga is written by Hotta Yumi.  Who also wrote the storylines to Hikaru no Go.  Although I've never read Hikaru no Go (and harbour no ambition to do so), Cgoten assures me that it's one of the best manga he's ever read.  If you buy into testimonials by 12-year olds, then you should definately check out Yuuto!

Of course, use this forum to converse amongst yourselves about Yuuto and stuff...personally, I think Seo Yuuto is my favourite character right now, for the simple fact that he's from Hokkaido (and I live in Canada) so... SNOW POWA!!

Offline Cgoten

• Hmm....
  • Addict
  • Hmm....
    • Yanime
Re: Our New Project...
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 04:33:41 PM »
If you buy into testimonials by 12-year olds

lol. -_-

But... Yeah, I like this series so far. =)

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Look me up at #White_base and #Zg-fansubs at Rizon
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 06:41:55 PM »
lol, well it's pretty nice right now. And I'm surprised that you are from canada I thought that I was the only or maybe 1 other person in this forum was from there. Anyways I'm looking forward for next releases.

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 06:50:55 PM »
lol, well it's pretty nice right now. And I'm surprised that you are from canada I thought that I was the only or maybe 1 other person in this forum was from there. Anyways I'm looking forward for next releases.

f000.. like 60%+ of the yanime staff are canadian :P...in fact, you can say yanime is canadian by majority XD

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 10:13:31 PM »
It's sad, but true.  What's sadder is that 90% of those canuks are from the Greater Toronto Area.  The next biggest place would be california, but back in the day it was australia.  The fob rangers are no longer around, and the world rejoices.

Oh yeah, Yuuto pwns.
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2005, 07:10:13 AM »
I was wondering what will be the time between releases. I'm not trying to push things over or anythings I'm just wondering and I wanted to ask why cccnnn had only 5 posts ??? ???

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2005, 12:31:57 PM »
Well, Yuuto runs in weekly jump, which is published every sunday.  Currently, Cgoten plans to scan it from the jump he buys at Asahiya, and they get it on the friday after it was released.  Then you factor in 2-3 days and releases should be somewhere around the sunday after the chapter was released.  If we get a faster source for raws, then that time will shrink.  Personally, I dislike magazine scanlations, but as long as we rerelease tankouban versions as they become available, then I have no qualms with it.   8)

Waya475

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2005, 05:15:57 AM »
I sensed potential as soon as I heard she had another project coming.  I told Cgoten, WE HAVE TO DO IT!

Cgoten:  We have too many projects as it is >_>;;

*an hour later*

Cgoten:  I guess we are gonna do it after all.

So, you all have me to thank!  Ha ha ha!

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2005, 09:06:53 AM »
Who'd have thought they'd make a manga out of LoLLerskates

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2005, 12:47:16 PM »
I sensed potential as soon as I heard she had another project coming.  I told Cgoten, WE HAVE TO DO IT!

Cgoten:  We have too many projects as it is >_>;;

*an hour later*

Cgoten:  I guess we are gonna do it after all.

So, you all have me to thank!  Ha ha ha!

Well Waya, let me elaborate:

sometime within the " *an hour later* "

<cccnnn> cg, we're doing yuuto.
<Cgoten> yes sir.

Offline Cgoten

• Hmm....
  • Addict
  • Hmm....
    • Yanime
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2005, 02:10:40 PM »
Haha... Yeah, it's more ccc's influence than anyone's. But I'm glad we decided to do it now, cause if we didn't, I'd realize that I wanted to do it anyway, and we'd only end up starting on it later.  :P

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2005, 05:53:13 PM »
Of course, it requires someone with taste (i.e. me) to know which project(s) should be picked up.

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2005, 11:52:39 PM »
Yeah, Cg's really not enough of a go-getter in order to be a proper leader.  Good thing he's cnn's bitch, or else nothing would get done around here.

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2005, 07:50:38 AM »
I just wanted to say that this is really a nice project you got underway here. Also, I wanted to say how surprized I was to see that they made a manga about skating. Well keep up the good work.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2005, 08:05:10 AM »
I would have rathered hockey, but it works... I've liked the first 3 chapters. :)