Author Topic: New to Yanime.. be nice to me ;)  (Read 3335 times)

Offline arekkusu

• Slightly Buzzed
New to Yanime.. be nice to me ;)
« on: February 09, 2005, 06:41:17 PM »
hey my name is alex and i just joined this forum.. i just returned from a 2 month stay in japan. i had a blast! it was awesome..! i became interested in (among many other things..  ;) lol) anime while i was there and i subsequently brought back a whole bunch of ichigo and ii's comix...---> PROBLEM! i am from australia.. dakara ore wa nihongo ga maaaaaaji heta desu!  :-[ from the small amount of japanese i picked up while i was over there i can understand the basic plots but i'm sure that much of the intricacies of either story are completely lost on me..  ??? so this brings me to my 1st question: are there english translations for ichigo or ii's?? i am impressed with the detail of the artwork of anime and im sure there are equally detailed stories behind them.. i just wish i could understand what is going on!
2nd question - about this forum: so are most of you guys nihonjin or what? minasan wa eigo ga jyozu desu!
this is a lengthy post! gomenne.. i hope someone can help me out..
thanks
"He who chases two hares, catches rabies..."

Offline Cgoten

• Hmm....
  • Addict
  • Hmm....
    • Yanime
Re: New to Yanime.. be nice to me ;)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 08:14:14 PM »
Well, you've come to the right place. ;) We've translated chapters 1-104 of Ichigo 100%. Check out the main page of the site.

You can probably find I"s elsewhere, but not here.

Offline Sai308

• Clean
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 11:55:39 AM »
so... how much did you spend on manga you couldn't read...(not trying to be an ass, just wondering)

Offline arekkusu

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 02:37:05 PM »
haha... you ass..  :P lol nah Sai i spent about 2000 yen. (like $25 australian) but it was worth it... the artwork is cool... and its not like i cant read it.. i just... cant understand it.. hahahaha........ hey thanx for the tip goten! translations are superb!! and the story is seriously funny and interesting (maji omoshiroi!  :P lol Sai)

Offline Waffo

• 25% Unknown
  • Seriously Addicted
  • Average ocarinist
    • MyAnimeList profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 02:41:44 PM »
Wow, this noob's got pretty good luck to stumble onto Yanime when looking for Ichigo scanslations.  To answer your second question, most of us are from America.  And stuff.

!eminaY ot emocleW

"My brain told me there was a chair behind me but halfway to the floor, my brain told me it lied." -Me
"I've forgotten more than you'll ever know."
Currently playing: Rewrite

Offline arekkusu

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 03:09:32 PM »
yea.. go google.. i was actually looking for ichigo fan art when i "stumbled" into this goldmine... "noob"? wow thanks  :P
do most people here know japanese? just wonderin cos most of these nicknames are like nihonjin... 'cept "Waffo" lol 

Offline lilgtrboi

• Clean
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2005, 04:49:13 PM »
ii's?
do you mean i's?
if so you can find an online scanlation(with many others) at:
LINK DELETED
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 07:03:12 PM by Waya475 »

Offline Sai308

• Clean
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2005, 12:47:25 PM »
yah, i know japanese. actually i am japanese (boku nihonjin desu yo, maji de. <just said maji cause you used it so much>) i was also in japan during the summer for like one and a half months. i actually bought like 250$ american worth in manga (got like 100 manga, really hard to bring home by myself.)

Offline arekkusu

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2005, 02:02:51 PM »
wow.. thats a lot of Manga..! you are Japanese? majide!? (haha i love that word) anata wa eigo ga jyozu desu.. America ni sundeimasu ka??

Offline Incomplete

• Clean
  • Frog
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2005, 07:06:39 PM »
$25AUD... that's like two volumes of love hina  :o

Nice to see another aussie around. I'm pretty sure that I's isn't released in Australia yet (don't think there's any immediate plans to either) so unless you feel like importing you might have trouble buying it. If you know how to use bittorrent I'll PM you with a site where you can download it (is that breaking the rules?)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2005, 07:09:51 PM by Incomplete »
--Incomplete--

Offline arekkusu

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2005, 12:24:29 AM »
thanks bro but i cant use b.t... found some scanslations on the net though..

Offline Sai308

• Clean
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2005, 10:02:09 AM »
well im japananese but i was born in america. so my parents are both japanese and they taught me it (also i used to go to this japanese school once a week). so i know both english and japanese fluently. and maji is a cool word.

Offline arekkusu

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2005, 07:47:58 PM »
thats cool.. i wish my japanese was as good as your english.. anata no eigo wa perapera desu..