Author Topic: I like school Rumble!  (Read 7390 times)

Offline EK

• Clean
I like school Rumble!
« on: February 05, 2005, 09:10:16 PM »
Hi.
I'm EK.
I'm from Japanese.

I would like to read School Rumble in English.
But,
http://yanime.animeneko.net/SchoolRumble/volume2.php
is Dead link ( not found ).

How do I read School Rumble?

Offline Roots

• Clean
  • Searching for wings...
    • My personal homepage
Re: I like school Rumble!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 09:36:59 AM »
I think the file server for our site is still having issues. So you can either A) be patient, or B) download it easily off of IRC in a snap. There might also be a SR Volume 2 torrent around, but I don't know if anyone is still seeding it. Try using Google.

Glad to hear you like it though ;D
------------------------------------------------------------------

Hero of Allacrost - http://www.allacrost.org
  A free SNES-era RPG in development

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 10:44:40 AM »
EK: if you go on IRC, you'll find School Rumble.

http://www.mirc.com/get.html <---- download the program

and then to get onto our channel this is what you do:

from the main status window (after you open the program) type:

/server irc.irchighway.net

and then type:

/j #yanime

it should connect and take you to our channel.  From where, follow this guide to download:

http://ronin.soldats.net

or ask politely in the channel for it  ;D

Offline EK

• Clean
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 02:06:23 AM »
Thanks for replying.

I found torrent somewhere. ;D

I will use IRC if there is a next time.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 03:49:46 AM by EK »

Offline da MiGHTy pLUm!

• Slightly Buzzed
  • I like t'ings...
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 10:37:09 AM »
please don't post links to releases from other groups unless they are doing a joint with us.
Have Fun Doing What You're Doing.

Offline saithan

• Clean
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 03:22:33 PM »
First of all, sorry for bringing such an old topic back, but I thought this thread might be an appropriate one to take up.

Like the title says, I like School Rumble, but unfortunately the only thing that has happened in vol 1 is a bunch of short stories telling of different events. This is a bit disappointing actually, and I was wondering what other reasons might exist to like a manga like this because I really think that the story is not very well constructed, and if it wasn't for the small funny things this wouldn't even be worth translating. But that is just my opinion and I'll try to read all the released volumes until next time, and hope it gets better.

But I'd really appreciate your opinions about this manga, and what makes it good.

Offline Roots

• Clean
  • Searching for wings...
    • My personal homepage
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 04:16:48 PM »
First of all, I really dislike it when the story is disconnected. I hate the 'episodic' nature of american cartoons, which is why I love anime so much better (because it has a plot, and development). At first school rumble may seem to kind of jump around, but what happens in subsequent chapters are dependant upon what's happened in the past, which is why I accept it and don't really feel that it's episodic at all. The side stories (b/other short chapters) are not as tightly connected to the main flow of events, but they greatly assist in helping the reader identifiy with the character's and their actions, which may otherwise be quite awkward to show in the main story.

Another reason why I like it is because it's totally unpredictable, and thus I always feel anxious to read what happens next. This is the polar opposite of a certain over-rated manga we also do *coughICHIGOcough*, in which the story has done nothing but gone in circles since like volume 3 onwards.

Final reason I can think of off the top of my head is because SR is HILARIOUS! I don't think another manga has made me laugh as hard/as much as SR has done. IMO, this manga is truly a gem hidden among a bunch of rocks.

Keep reading. You won't regret it. ;)

Offline notme

• Clean
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 07:02:26 PM »
I agree with you completely Roots.  One of the main reasons I like School Rumble is the fact that, despite seeming very random at times, everything connects.  Unlike many other comedies where actions are forgotten by all involved in just a few episodes, SR does a great job of keeping everything consistent while STILL being all over the place and hilarious.  I just love how this makes every thing move forward in School Rumble. 

I also think that SR is the greatest because of the lovable, funny, and entertaining characters.  The characters in SR are extremely well handled.  I love all of the main characters (though Karasuma creeps me out still...).

The only thing I hate about School Rumble, and I do hate this part a lot, is trying to pick my favorite girl on all those stupid polls.  God, they are everywhere and they always kill me.  Who should I pick!?!?  :'(

Offline saithan

• Clean
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2005, 12:38:55 AM »
I agree on that SR is funny, and it's quite hillarious that the younger sister looks older and more mature, but if the story is going to evolve around her older sister, then they should have done a bit more out of her.

One thing that bothers me a little bit was all the chapters in vol 1, omg so many chapters and so few pages per chapter, a bit different than what we're used to. But I'm going to continue reading this story because I'm interested in seeing how things will go for the two sisters.

They don't seem to have any parents, will this be explained in the next couple volumes ? Normally we're introduced to everyone in the household in the first volume.

Offline Roots

• Clean
  • Searching for wings...
    • My personal homepage
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2005, 05:56:25 PM »
1) The main story does not completely revolve around Tenma. I'd say Harima is more the main character than Tenma is.

2) Yes, the chapters are short. They get a little bit longer in the later volumes though. By the way, did you know it takes me about the same time to translate an 8 page chapter of SR as a 20 page chapter of Ichigo or Mai-HiME? ::)

3) I forgot what the exact deal is with Tsukamoto's parents, but I don't think we've met anyone's parents so far. Who wants to read a manga about old people having a middle-age crisis anyway? :)

Offline mistersachmo

• Clean
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2005, 10:19:38 AM »
3) I forgot what the exact deal is with Tsukamoto's parents, but I don't think we've met anyone's parents so far. Who wants to read a manga about old people having a middle-age crisis anyway?

lol roots you are one funny person. I agree with you though it would be better without a parent's involvment as it would cause too much drama = not much fun = not that funny. :-\
Here's a little something:
Something can be real hard but also real soft.
It's longer on adults and shorter on children.
The amount of hair on it differs between different people. So i ask you..... what is it???

Offline Rafae1

• Clean
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2005, 11:05:38 PM »
School Rumble, licensed? NOOOOOOOOOO :'(
Is too hard here getting north america comics. Soo uncool.

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2005, 03:19:00 PM »
All licensing sucks when they are being scanslated.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline da MiGHTy pLUm!

• Slightly Buzzed
  • I like t'ings...
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2005, 08:11:29 PM »
it only sucks because you don't want to pay for it.
Have Fun Doing What You're Doing.

Offline Undark

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Shakugan No Shana ^^
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2005, 02:33:28 PM »
It sucks because I pay for some inferior POS ><, the translations are utter crap at time (cough cough *translated Naruto jutsu names* cough cough *chokes and dies*).

Also I have to wait for the american translation to catch up all the way to where the scanlation group left off. So I have to wait like at least 7 months before I can read SR again. I wonder if the anime would come out with new episodes anytime soon...

I guess it's a bit better with the manga since you don't have to put up with the ultimate combo of bad translation + bad voice-acting :D