Author Topic: Are you too old to read/listen manga/anime.  (Read 11911 times)

Offline JackGrover

• Koudanshi
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • I wish I could just combine all the girls into one
    • Keystone Collie Club, Inc.
Re: Are you too old to read/listen manga/anime.
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2005, 07:55:51 AM »
I remember when soap was invented!

And I love a good manga or anime!  I was a little shy about telling people I liked that stuff, because here in the U.S. cartoons are thought of as something for kids.  They've forgoten about Bugs Bunny being for adults in the theater as a filler between the Movie Tones News and then the major feature. (It lightened up the mood so you'd enjoy the movie better)

But now I see where there is no shame in liking something that is good.  Hey, there are people out there who like "Rocky 3, 4 & 5" or "Star Trek 5".  Do we ridicule them? Ummm, ok, strike that, we DO ridicule them, but that's beside the point!  I will not be ridiculed for liking something GOOD, something that is fun.  And something that keeps me occupied and away from mind altering drugs!  It's a MUCH better hobby (Slowly becoming a lifestyle) than, say, genetic remodeling of the human genome. (Although that could make for some fun parties!)

So I hold my head up high and proudly say I like watching anime and reading manga...behind closed doors.

Edited to remove color - Motoko-chan
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 07:15:23 AM by JackGrover »

The arrival of Spring brings with it thoughts of...

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2005, 08:23:18 AM »
Jack, please stop posting with colored text, we have many different themes here and while the red may be legible on the default theme, it is not on the one that I use.  Don't make me have to enforce courtesy =/
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 08:23:38 AM by JaisBane »
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Look me up at #White_base and #Zg-fansubs at Rizon
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2005, 10:05:35 AM »
I agree with Jaisbane Jack. I find somewhat troubling and difficult to read your post when you write in colored text.

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline Zackies

• Addict
  • Horray!
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2005, 01:16:01 AM »
My uncle loves anime and he is almost 50, he reads Manga from time to time as well. You're never to old to do something you enjoy, unless somehow you are incapable of doing it.

Offline JackGrover

• Koudanshi
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • I wish I could just combine all the girls into one
    • Keystone Collie Club, Inc.
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2005, 07:21:17 AM »
I agree with Jaisbane Jack. I find somewhat troubling and difficult to read your post when you write in colored text.
Jack, please stop posting with colored text, we have many different themes here and while the red may be legible on the default theme, it is not on the one that I use.  Don't make me have to enforce courtesy =/

Sorry everyone!
I was under the assumtion that certain color schemes/themes would compensate for non-default font colors.  But Motoko-chan has explained everything to me. I will use the default for most everything with bold to highlight certain things and then use colors sparingly.   I actually went and changed ALL of my old posts so that they are easier to read. (At least I THINK I got them all).

The arrival of Spring brings with it thoughts of...

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Look me up at #White_base and #Zg-fansubs at Rizon
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2005, 09:46:55 AM »
Thanks a lot jack!

This last couple of weeks have been for me kind of difficult. I have trouble organizing all of my tasks and hobbies to make it all fit. Between Kendo, Ninjutsu classes and studies I have less and less time for manga/anime. It's just a shame that I can't find the time. I also think that maybe I'd lose all the joy I had for manga/anime if this continues like this. Not that I wouldn't like it, more of a : I don'T have the time, it sucks but that's what it is.

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline aioria

• Clean
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2005, 05:51:09 AM »
I'm 20 right now, and I expect to watch/read anime/manga until I've grown out of it, and I don't think it will ever happen, unless a day comes when I won't have any spare time for it. 

Oh, and I don't think reading manga or watching anime is geeky/nerdy... It's just like watching movies... of course being an uber obssessed otaku is another story. Also, I don't usually go out there yelling to the world I watch anime and read manga. You can't expect everyone to like anime/manga, after all is a matter of tastes,  I for ie really dislike "The Matrix", Star Wars, all those (most of them) over-exagerated science fiction movies, wrestling shows, reality shows.... so if a friend ever said something about my anime I would know how to get back at him/her. But for some reason I've never met someone like that, they all either don't care, don't have the time for it, or will watch a tittle or two once in a while.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 05:54:23 AM by aioria »

anything